• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Echo

Smash Champion
Yo that sounds like a good idea, Ian.
If you wanna come play today, the sooner the better. Just text me or somethin, especially if you need help getting here.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Jon Jones vs Matt Hammill was a sad fight. I felt bad for Matt Hammill, that dude got effed up.

Kimbo won yeahhh, ***** move on Houston's part with all the stupid little leg kicks. Smart thing to do though I guess. That fight was pretty boring.

Marcus vs Matt - wtf, marcus leave your head exposed some more, his standup sucks.

Roy dominated brendan.

There is no god.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Houston played to win and lost. I'm happy he is a chump in the sport. Hope he realizes that he has no talent except hoping for a good blow to the face.

Kimbo actually shows he wants to get better.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Well Husker heartbreak. We won the game but ****games refs decided to fkn rip our hearts out.

If there's a god out there I hope he fkn gets cancer and dies.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I'll admit to a few calls the refs made were sketchy. But if you're referring to the 1 second left on the clock thing, it was clearly out of bounds with a second left.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Naw thats the thing there wasn't one second left. The ball landed outta bounds sometime between 0s and 1s. As there are no half seconds in football, the timekeeper had to decide if the last second was to expire or not. I'd have no problem if he decided it didnt But he decided it did, therefore the game was over. You cant put more time back on the clock after the games over. I been watching football 17 years and I've NEVER seen it.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Naw thats the thing there wasn't one second left. The ball landed outta bounds sometime between 0s and 1s. As there are no half seconds in football, the timekeeper had to decide if the last second was to expire or not. I'd have no problem if he decided it didnt But he decided it did, therefore the game was over. You cant put more time back on the clock after the games over. I been watching football 17 years and I've NEVER seen it.
There was EASILY a second left. Instant replay on the tv doesn't lie. It was between 1-2 seconds or at least that's what it showed on the television. For clarification, you do understand it was when the ball flew out of bounds and not when it touched the ground WHEN it was already out of bounds, right?

But yeah i guess media took texas' side and is out to get everyone. /conspiracy theory.

ALso, murphy just get a new car. Get a minivan!

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
There was EASILY a second left. Instant replay on the tv doesn't lie. It was between 1-2 seconds or at least that's what it showed on the television. For clarification, you do understand it was when the ball flew out of bounds and not when it touched the ground WHEN it was already out of bounds, right?

But yeah i guess media took texas' side and is out to get everyone. /conspiracy theory.

ALso, murphy just get a new car. Get a minivan!
You're an idiot and you know nothing about football so just quiet down and go watch basketball or oh wait ISU sucks at that too.

The clock stops when the balls falls incomplete. The ball is incomplete when it strikes something out of bounds NOT when it crosses the line.

ARTICLE 3. a. A ball not in player possession, other than a kick that scores
a field goal, is out of bounds when it touches the ground, a player, a game
official or anything else that is on or outside a boundary line.

I dun even know why I'm trying to explain this to someone who clearly knows very little about football because according to you this catch at 2:25 is out of bounds then right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RASB4uIMzQc

Slow motion replays on College Gameday Final (again, dunno why I even bring up a show you would prolly never watch) clearly showed the ball land out of bounds somewhere between 0s and 1s, so basically every single thing you typed in your post was incorrect. Congratulations, you should probably never open your mouth about sports again.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
You're an idiot and you know nothing about football so just quiet down and go watch basketball or oh wait ISU sucks at that too.

The clock stops when the balls falls incomplete. The ball is incomplete when it strikes something out of bounds NOT when it crosses the line.

ARTICLE 3. a. A ball not in player possession, other than a kick that scores
a field goal, is out of bounds when it touches the ground, a player, a game
official or anything else that is on or outside a boundary line.

I dun even know why I'm trying to explain this to someone who clearly knows very little about football because according to you this catch at 2:25 is out of bounds then right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RASB4uIMzQc

Slow motion replays on College Gameday Final (again, dunno why I even bring up a show you would prolly never watch) clearly showed the ball land out of bounds somewhere between 0s and 1s, so basically every single thing you typed in your post was incorrect. Congratulations, you should probably never open your mouth about sports again.
Wow Mo, way to be a total ******* about it. Completely blow everything out of proportion. You're right, i clearly know nothing about football And ISU sucks at a lot of things. but hey, we beat nebraska at memorial stadium this year so that's good enough for me.

I guess you missed something by the way Mo. "No, the refs said. They needed to review this. And what they found, according to Walt Anderson, coordinator of Big 12 football officials, is that the ball had hit a railing out of bounds with one second on the clock." According to http://huskerextra.com/articles/2009/12/06/football/doc4b1ae3864f2e2238104857.txt

Sure my definition is wrong, but doesn't change the fact that there was time left on the clock. Or at least according to the officials, and I'm going to go by what they say.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NkJQVMHZSA#t=3m14s (You can see the ball hitting the rail on this, it changes course and flies to the left.)

MaJiK

Smash Ace
it's all stupid anyways why do they only do replays on every play when there's 3min or less on the clock anyways?
o well I don't watch enough anything that has national or association in its name to argue
I hope to god, budda, vishnu, and science that either everything shuts down tomorrow or the weatherman was so wrong he actually gets fired

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
LOOOOOOL according to who? The head of the officials? Obviously he's gonna back up what the officials said, if he didn't he would be completely throwing them under the bus. The fact of the matter is that slow motion replays on a sports show (again, sorry not your strong suit I know) showed the ball striking between 0s and 1s. Therefore the official clock guy had a choice between letting the last second go or not. With the naked eye, he can't be blamed for missing slightly one way or the other. Basically, what it comes down to is this: if that was just a play at the end of the half of some regular season game, it would have ended. But THE SITUATION is what caused the officials to decide to put time back on the clock. That raises very serious credibility questions.

And Congratulations to Iowa State for a fine 6-6 season (lol!) with a fluke win that made their coach make a complete fool of himself and act like he just won the Super Bowl. Thats how you know its a baaaaad program

BOLT08

Smash Lord
6-6 is an improvement from last year, and with a new coach it's not too shabby. What was nebraska's record when it was pelini's first year? I'd act like a fool too if i beat a team in their home field for the first time since elvis died.

I love how you immediately started insulting me, when I never insulted you once. I simply said what I thought, and my definition was wrong. As for the rest of my evidence, it speaks for itself. You keep believing that you got screwed over, and I'll keep believing that everything was the way it should have been. So let's just drop it. We're not changing each others minds anytime soon.

Echo

Smash Champion
I know I'm not the biggest football ****... but everything that Mo says seems to make sense to me.

SliK

Smash Journeyman
It was the kickers fault he was paid money to make bad kicks did you notice how they gradually got worse? He knows he has no chance in the pros so he got some extra cash to throw the game.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
lol Nebraska's record Pelini's first year? Try 9-4. Wouldn't expect you to know that though obv.

IDGIAF wat you think, obv you can think what you want. I just don't like when ppl who don't know **** about sports open their mouths and spew uneducated rants.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
lol Nebraska's record Pelini's first year? Try 9-4. Wouldn't expect you to know that though obv.

IDGIAF wat you think, obv you can think what you want. I just don't like when ppl who don't know **** about sports open their mouths and spew uneducated rants.
I wasn't asking it like OH YEAH WHAT WAS HIS SCHEDULE LOL!! I was literally just askign what his record was.

Also, could you please stop being a ****ing d*ck and continually insulting me? When I haven't insulted you once. Show some maturity Mo. Not every argument needs to be insulting, it's called DEBATING.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
K instead of insulting you I'll say: You're a very ignorant individual on the topic at hand I would greatly appreciate if you would educate yourself before attempting to engage in argument.

Top Bottom