• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Uli

Smash Champion
tyser **** your paper and lets go to davids!!!!
you and your playing minesweepnerd O.O

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I just realized one of those bombs has a question mark on it instead of a flag. Interesting . . .
You don't have to do anything to the bombs except not click them.

Also that Diablo I ironman looks like a boring ripoff of Diablo II Iron Maiden's. Which were way more fun.

You all put down an item of good value and then start new chars on hardcore. You proceed to level up til 9, only having access to the town at the very start. You go back once to hostile each other and then you continue to play. Last person alive wins all the items

Tyserification

Smash Lord
I had a Level15 Paladin and a Level9 Assassin who ***** Level50s. It was friggin amazing.

And on Minesweeper I always mark the bombs because I have a bad habit of pressing them if I dont mark em or I forget where they are. I should get rid of that habit to increase my time but its really tough.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
tyser quit posting those ***gy minesweepers no one else is doing it and really no one cares man its MINE FUKING SWEEPER MAN !

dude is dev already over there at davids???? idk where he is and I don't feel like calling him.... don't know why just don't feel like it

kitty kick was just awful
nigggas being nigggas is just bad

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Dude, I care about my Minesweeping. Im just proving that Im better at having no life than all of you guys. I believe Im winning by a very large margin. Get at me!

Random DBZ gif for ya.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Youre at least talking to people. Interacting with the world. Ive been in my room for the past 11 hours sitting on Smashboards, playing Minesweeper and occasionally typing up these papers due in less than 12 hours XD

I just remembered Im hungry also. I need food.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
lol at the Asian writing a paper on Confucius.

Also, Majik is hatin fa sho *****, I like following the progress of Tyser's minesweeping career.

I have reached the age of 23 today lol...and I still play Smash. Nerdy :D

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I went to bed at 11 and didn't fall asleep till like 330. So i skipped my morning workout to get more sleep. Now I'm skipping my last class to go workout. What a day wrecker.

F*ck econ 101 anyways, stupid ****.

SliK

Smash Journeyman
Also that Diablo I ironman looks like a boring ripoff of Diablo II Iron Maiden's. Which were way more fun.

You all put down an item of good value and then start new chars on hardcore. You proceed to level up til 9, only having access to the town at the very start. You go back once to hostile each other and then you continue to play. Last person alive wins all the items
Diablo 1 rip off of diablo 2 intriguing sir intriguing...

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Diablo 1 rip off of diablo 2 intriguing sir intriguing...
From that link you sent, the rules for the Diablo I ironman were finalized March 16th, 2005. I don't remember when Iron Maiden's rules were first started, but I do know that I was playing them before 2005. And I played Diablo I to death and never remember hearing about Ironman runs before Diablo II was out.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
this thread gets more boring by the day...
interesting discussion...
what do you consider the most riveting smash rivalries in nebraska smash history
these basically consist of 2 players who have had an entertaining history of battles and competetion
went back in forth for wins in tourneys, smash fests etc...
im going to just list a few that come to my mind with some key notes
and a little smash history as well

me vs mexi - won the very first smeesh tourney in a spam fest. I was dubbed the best in NE for a while. eventually i had to change my char from mario cause mexi was getting to good with falco.

me vs mo- i always **** mo in the beggining, but then one day it just stopped and Mo started to take my crown by winning most tuesday night smeesh fests. i felt like i was getting better charactered... i had my worste tourney experience at smym 4? i believe and lost to jesi and was pissed. i quit smash for a while. i played catch up for a long time, but got back to a high level later on

mo vs mexi (perhaps the most classic) picked two of the best characters from the very beginning. always enthralling and entertaining.

mexi vs smeesh -(devon would **** quite often, but often times mexi pulled through in the clutch like at insomina

smeesh vs mike- Mike came in a little bit later, but started to **** at a alarming rate. Not before long he was amoung the nerdiest. Him and devon were the two best in the state for some time. peach vs falcon matches were some of the best.

me vs david- the orginal matches with mario vs doc were classic

JBM vs me - I always enjoyed playing jbm and had lost some money matches with him for a while.
then one day i had been practicing up quite a bit and won in the lincoln tourney and a money match...we had some good matches for a while here on out... i started to lose my motivation for my inner nerd... now JBM is king nerd... fun though

i know a lot of these are mine... i didn't really have time to list anymore atm....
but i was just getting it started... anybody else can list any they can think of with interesting side notes and elaborate

BOLT08

Smash Lord
JBM vs Smeesh is for sure one. They are always intense matches
Tyser vs Smeesh - I always get jittery watching these matches, devon used to poop him but I dunno anymore. i think tyser has started getting the upperhand?
JBM vs Tyser even though JBM poops most of the time. (no offense tysa)
Uli vs ......I dunno Uli is too effing nice.
Although I'm not claiming these are AWESOME rivalries but these are who I consider mine

Me vs Secks - barely beat him the first time i met him at brinstar and then after that he just started pooping me ( i think) i dunno it's been forever since i played against that dood.
Me vs Tyser - I used to come close to beat him a lot and now he just poops me.
Me vs Dekl - Usually these are pretty close matches, but he usually wins but I'm always shaking afterwards cause i get so nervous.
Me vs YOSH - I've hated playing against yosh for as long as I can remember. His jiggs terrifies me. (most jiggs do) we're probably pretty close to equal wins against each other now.

Good sh*t murn. Good topic.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Echo/Smeesh - Everyone knows that these two were the best for a good year or two. They were epic as fuck.

Mexi/Smeesh - These two usually went back and forth. Even to this day its close battles.

Secks./Tyser - This one wasnt that big but it was around for a little bit although kinda overlooked at times. Ben ***** me for a good year then I got really nerdy and never lost to him. XD

Smeesh/JBM - They've been playing in Grand Finals together since December 08 til now. Matches are pretty epic but also pretty boring. Fuckin Marth vs. Falcon -_- Dumb . . .

Tyser/JBM - We argue a lot. We play against each other a lot. We got back and forth a lot. JBM is still better :'(

Dekline/Secks. - Not many old school folk know about this one I think. These two used to be rivals and hate each other. They probably still do. This is easily the most funny rivalry because shit just happened every time. Secks. was better than Dekline for a few months then Dekline got mad good and **** Ben every time they played.

Schism/Uli - This isnt really a rivalry but these guys play against each other every single tournament. Uli won almost all of em at the start then Schism started shitting him all the time. It was an interesting development. Schism has gotten better.

Theres a few more but I gotta go to Ames now. Peace fags.

Echo

Smash Champion
Good **** Murn this is the first real topic this thread has had, and it's a good one, too.

Though I'm probably biased, I'd put myself up there for best rivalry with Me vs Devon. Thousands of hours playing against eachother, nerding, teaching eachother stuff, finding new stuff... this match up is responsible for almost all of my Smash skill. We basically made eachother better and knew what those things were. Every time we play it's a good match, whether its a tourney or not. Though I do think he's always gone easy... so I never hold a record between us. Those were the matches that always had my heart goin.

I also find Mo vs Mexi to be one of the most legendary... they know every exact thing about eachothers playing that it's just suess every stock lol. They're like me and Devon they've just built their smash skill around eachother so it's close, and they're really the generation of tourney finals before me and devon got there. Plus... we all know about the vocabulary that was created solely from this match up.

Devon vs Mexi is close to that one though. It was ALWAYS close, and they were always at eachothers necks because they wanted to beat the other person so badly... combos left and right... don't really know what to say.

Considering these 3... I'd say its a tossup of these for the best rivalry. Then again I wasn't there for the first rivalries you guys had, so I can't say for sure. There are alot of good ones.

Also, I would like to mention a doubles rivalry.
Me/Mo vs Devon/Mexi. Anyone thats watched these matches happen knows that these are the most legendary doubles matches that have ever existed. I can't even begin to talk about **** that has happened in these...

Some other legendary ones:

Me vs Mo was always good, still is. I've always found us to be on an equal level... so our matches go either way. Plus when I was first coming up to Omaha he wasn't really around much so I just kinda saw him around tournaments, except for when we nerded one time in the UNL dorms. The first time I beat him I was pretty happy lol... guess that's when we started playing more. But even at other tournaments like that Laser Tag place he's beat me and it's never upsetting, they're good games. We're probably even against eachother record wise...

Me vs Murn... the First time I ever came up to Omaha he was beating me up so I always thought since i nerded so hard and he stopped playing that I should be able to beat him. I remember when he started playing again and saw him beating some other people I was nervous to have to play him. It was always more of a fight to just stay ahead of him, because when he started playing again he got good really fast. Alot of good matches here though.

Me vs Leon... we were on the same level for a long time... always went back and worth, always had a lot of fun playing him, still do.

Everyone vs Professor Yosh... This is a rivalry for everyone because Yosh has always played a bad character. He's another one I played alot of games with and taught me things that made me as good as I got at the game... he was just always at a disadvantage because of his character so I seemed to come out on top. Always fun playing him though because of the nerdiest things he does with Yoshi lol. Also fun playing doubles with him.

So yeah these are just some of the ones I've taken part in. I had some time to type all this out... but not enough time to think of all the greatest smash matches we've had or seen... theres too many. Maybe we'll have to discuss this over some games.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Wow this topic is awesome.

Biggest rivalry is impossible to decide. I think i've had a rivalry with each player. I strive to be the best. My ignorance has gotten in the way and i've said impulsive things before and still do. This is mainly because I never knew the proper mindset in smash till about a year and a half ago (not telling :p).

Me vs Murn- This dude... First time I played him I beat him in falco Dittos. After that he switched to falcon I went Marth. I beat him again. The following time we met in tourney the dude played the best smash anyone but Devon or Tyser has EVER played against me. We both 0-deathed each other back and forth. He beat me in a 10 dollar mm where i decided to break my controller. Then he proceeded to beat me in tourney at the same venue. Even now when we play he ***** my face as I do his. I play more often than most of the smashers especially him.. Maybe that is why I have the edge IDK.

Me vs Echo- This dude **** me all the time. It was him or devon about 2 years ago, and the one time with murn. I am glad he did though. He and devon have both motivated me to get where I am today and I am thankful. Echo is a great player, he always seemed like he made the right decisions back in the day. He's still amoung the top players yes, but Idk if he has the #1 spot. More effort and I'm sure he could make a comeback.

ME VS SMEESH- **** U SON! dude for 2 years when i first started this game 3 stocked me every last match of the set. Then I started playing with echo and ben alot. I got better, matches got closer. I ****ed up, he won the set. Now really I'm not sure what to say about him. He and I are the top 2 at this point in my opinion. He finally is landing everything he wants to. Smeesh on= ****.

Me vs Mo- I have always, ALWAYS looked kinda up to him. not as a marth player, but encouragement to be the better Marth. Its nothing against him its just sole competition. Surprisingly He and I take the game alot a like. He *****, gets frustrated, then gets *****. I'm sure he has felt the same way at times.

Mexi- Always good matches. Always. He has never ***** me in a tourney and i've never ***** him.

Tyser vs JBM- I think that if you all realized how much tyser hates placing below me and how much I hate tyser beating me then you would all understand that this is the biggest rivalry. Tyser, is a good guy inconsistently. I try to be his friend but he makes dumb or selfish mistakes and it frustrates me. It also frustrates me how he doesn't take the game seriously as far as traveling. The dude is a nerd. He would **** ANYONE of us if he just played fox. Sure maybe we would adapt but Tyser is very technical, Pretty good spacing, and is patient. He makes foolish mistakes that costs him matches and he doesn't clutch when he needs to but he's a great player. I guess the rivalry between us is a love hate thing for me. I wanna see the kid win, but I will not allow him to beat me.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
vs a Smeesh, for some reason he beats me 90% of the time in tourney, if it wasnt for him. I would have taken that first ffc tourney hands down. We also had a true krust moment when he combo me across the stage and I spiked him before the knee could come out.

vs Mo, I poop his stocks until he remembers that he plays a better char. its hilarious :laugh:

vs Mexi, its all even until I get f-smashed

vs Echo, in his emo days his samus was poopy but couldnt take on yosh. these days its combo combo combo

vs Tank, 0-100 spike combo, pretty epic moment

vs Tysah, back then that samus was an lesser version of echo but then he hatched into a super trolling nerd. He makes it to hard to avoid samus' goofy bullshit moveset. I poop his other chars tho.

vs JBDOUCHE, nuff said

vs Ben, If only you guys seen the Secks. in the making back in GI. I was aiming to make an relayable teams partner and I think it was an success.

vs Leon, I think that guy hates me

vs Quin, I know that guy hates me

vs Mario1234, our mario/yoshi matches were the best. but then he went tier whoring to quit getting pooped by everyone else.

vs Cue, you guys may not know this but dave is the king of smash. he doesnt have to apply himself.

vs Bolt, at any time I can say GTFO! Bolt

Mexi vs smeesh, its always an wild card when it comes to brackets, has been since day one

Mo vs Mexi, mexi wins then mo wins then mexi wins ect..

Echo vs smeesh, after "the week" these two had an explosion of ****, they even brought sexy back ;)

I never did like watching matches and often ignored them so I dont know what to say for everyone. Echo sums me up pretty well for anyone so everyone else can get fucked :p I just know the game to well, thats my advantage.
The most legendary rival would have to be mexi with his absents form the crew for long periods of times then coming back to play as good as always. this includes his oos performances as well. his mexi games are too real deal.

Ill have to dig up my tapes for evidences

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Ben vs Dekline is a pretty hilarious rivalry mainly for one big reason: even when Ben was quite a bit better than Dekline he seemed to lose to him consistently for some reason, causing hilarious frustration.

JBM vs Devon/Murn are good ones. Remember, a true RIVALRY has to be characterized by something. Often, the two sides are very even. Or perhaps there is genuine dislike between the two parties, as in the Ken/East coast rivalry. Or maybe there's just a ton of history.

I considered Echo's 5 game victory over me in the finals of that Glenwood tourney to be sort of a changing of the guard looking back, as I was the best player before that and he probably became the best for awhile. I dunno if there's enough history to call it a real rivalry though.

Mexi vs Devon that has tooooons of tourney history lol I dunno why but they've just been matched up in a ton of tourneys and I'd say Mexi prolly has the upper hand in all time record. I dunno what it is, Mexi just always had that clutch factor where tourney play never seemed to throw him off.

Tyser vs Ben was enjoyable because they always challenged each other.

And of course like Mike said...Me and Mexi have so much history and know each other so well it's pretty funny :p

Btw JBM how did your friendlies with Mexi go the other night?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Playing mexi is alot of fun. Devon, tyser, and him are the only 3 that I can say I get mindgamed by consistently.

The matches were in my favor for the most part. I was able to zone him towards the ledge and out of all the games we played i think i missed maybe one gimp. Mexi needs to learn new marth. He is good vs marth on stage but he doesn't have the right idea when being offstage against him.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
cool im glad this topic sparked some interest... def some good posts... talking about all the great times and matchups is making me want to play some smash sometime next week... get pooped

Tyserification

Smash Lord
There is a new Marth actually. Just compare M2K to older Marths like Ken and EK and stuff. Its friggin unbelievable.

Des Moines / Ames was mad fun. You douches missed out.

Echo

Smash Champion
theres a new everything...
compare the whole game to the way it was a few years ago :/

yo jbm is there a plan yet for the kc tourney? as far as car rides and what day we're leaving?

Top Bottom