• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

§chizm

Smash Lord
If all these people go then all of Iowa is going to be like "Sorry, I dont have money to enter Melee anymore" like last time.
Friggin johns son.
Even those super duper newbs entered Melee -_-
Hey, I've entered every Melee tournament held so far at JMT....I can't say anything for the others though. :ohwell:
I think some of the KC people that are coming are entering melee though?
Also I will need a partner for dubs if it actually goes down.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm going to have to agree with "EBF" (wtf tyser) Brawl is just awful to us I don't have the kind of time to tell every brawl player why
if you want brawl practice/tourney JOker's holding one this weekend its in Des moines though

however don't let me discourage you
play melee and we won't have to cut you..... with our brawl cd's we made into ninja stars
I would love to see that happen but I don't care that much I play both.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Hey I don't know if anyone checked that thread I had made about Omaha NE Smash, but me and my bud are going to host a mini smashfest/tourny sometime this coming week. Me and him play Brawl mainly but we'll have a couple Melee setups too if you guys wanna show up.

We've got the entire week open so if anyone has a certain day that they'd like to request, let me hear it.

Uli

Smash Champion
i still need to ask my brothers >_>

also thursday or friday works for me for this smashFEASSSTT

EBF

Smash Cadet
JBM bought his ticket, now we can all break the news to him.
We aint going no more son . . . Sorry.
And Dmac and Z are going to JMT now? REAL!

EBF

Smash Cadet
Is my name supposed to be green?
And Dmac posted about a lot of Nebraskans going to something so I assumed Joker's.

SPOILERS!

In Bleach:
Rukia, Renji and Chad are going to fight Yami.
They all feel a ridiculous reitsu.
"Is that Ichigo?!!?"
"Duh . . . ."
Shifts to Ulq/Ichigo.
Ulq is busted up but still alive and Ichigo tosses him away like trash.
Ishida tries to stop Ichigo from finishing off Ulq because he says that Ichigo wont be human anymore if he kills.
Ichigo stabs Ishida in the stomach because Ishida is being a punk.
Inoue tells Kurosaki-kun to stop but he continues to walk forward towards Ishida to finish him off.

In Naruto:
Sakura is healing Hinata and I guess Hinata's rack is really hot or something.
Gai and crew say theyre gonna go help Naruto but Katsuya says otherwise.
Naruto throws another FRS at Pain which gets Shinra Tensei'd.
Naruto loses Sage Mode.
Makes 100 Kage Bunshin to attack Pain before the 5 second interval.
This fails and only 2 Kage Bunshins remain.
Naruto does a normal Rasengen and has the clone throw him at Pain.
He connects the Rasengan onto Pain's chest.
Stupid chapter AGAIN!!

dmac

Smash Champion
no i assumed you guys were going to POE with that listing. apparently i was wrong. and if you're skipping out on POE for any reason other than financial/job or girlfriend johns, you're a ******.

Echo

Smash Champion
I might feel like playing tomorrow for a little bit, but I'm not going to Joker's. No POE, No Go.

Secks.

Smash Ace
All this talk about krustin' on tournies makes me not want to go to them anymore.... I might reconsider going to Jokers now... might as well retire. I'll ponder for a bit.

Uli

Smash Champion
yeah im pretty sure im going to genesis now
who else is going besides jerrynerd?

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Wow, You guys are the kings of crust.

It does suck though that no one can consistently have the time/money to go to these midwest tourneys, and the fact we are 8+ hours away from almost all of them.. but airfare is cheap and you can just go to bigger tourneys and play better people than the midwest.

ben you better not bail for jokers, if you do... YOUSA *****!

yosh what is in florida? i am going to genesis for the biggest tourney of all time... idk about you donks.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Girl johns are not legit imo. Why? Because if a girl is being a ***** about "letting" a dude go to a tourney then she isn't a cool girl anyways. And I don't fk with *****es who try to tell me what I'm gonna do. There's always a mirrion more out there.

...We need Leon to get in here and confirm with me that this is how we deal with dem hoes.

Secks.

Smash Ace
Wow, You guys are the kings of crust.

It does suck though that no one can consistently have the time/money to go to these midwest tourneys, and the fact we are 8+ hours away from almost all of them.. but airfare is cheap and you can just go to bigger tourneys and play better people than the midwest.

ben you better not bail for jokers, if you do... YOUSA *****!

yosh what is in florida? i am going to genesis for the biggest tourney of all time... idk about you donks.
I was just thinking about the pros and cons..... I go to Jokers play meele blah blah enter a 8 man tourny the usual 2 hour drive etc... OR stay in Lincoln relax all day sat and sun drink some beer and pound some *****es..... its almost a no brainer..... I do really wana win doubles with Johnny though so I think thats the only reason I'd want to go to Jokers. I shall see.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
Just and update, tomorrow [The 3rd] we'll be smashing from 4 PM on. Anyone is free to show up, we've got Melee and Brawl setups. You can just drop me a PM and I'll give you the info on it

Echo

Smash Champion
I was just thinking about the pros and cons..... I go to Jokers play meele blah blah enter a 8 man tourny the usual 2 hour drive etc... OR stay in Lincoln relax all day sat and sun drink some beer and pound some *****es..... its almost a no brainer..... I do really wana win doubles with Johnny though so I think thats the only reason I'd want to go to Jokers. I shall see.
lol
but with an 8 man singles tourney, how good are you expecting doubles to be?! :psycho:
/sigh this game is so dead.

Anyway I'm headin over to David's tonight.

Secks.

Smash Ace
How can the game be dead if hundreds of people still go to tournaments lol that makes no sense?
Its dead in Nebraska.... me and Mike bearly kept the mother ****er alive my freshman year of college no one hardly played back then. If we hadn't people probably woulda stopped taking it seriously all together. Too much division we can't seem to get everyone excited about it anymore, just a select few. I'm at the stage to say **** it some people in Nebraska seem to already have anyway.

SlapY0Self

Smash Rookie
Did you go/miss HOBO 15? Will you be at the next Houston Major/Epic Brawl/SF4 Tournament (HOBO 16/TYS 1) on May 2, 2009?

Reasons why to Come:

Its at Funplex. Venue can hold 400+ People + Arcade + Projectors
All of the best SF4/Brawl players will be here! SF4/Brawl till 2am
HOBO 15 had 85+ players in attendence
Casuals being played (MVC2/SC4/SFHDREMIX/TVC/MELEE/3RDSTRIKE)
Out of towners. 1 month+ in advance. Book your tickets NOW!!!

Excuses that are Banned:

I have job/work. SO TAKE OFF!
I have something important to do. Stop being scaredd and COME!
I have school work to do! Tell your teacher I said It was OK TO HOBO/TYS!

For more information about HOBO 16/TYS 1, Go to--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142123 Or Go to--> www.smashbrostournaments.com/event/main/ See you there... NO EXCUSES!!!

EBF

Smash Cadet
Just and update, tomorrow [The 3rd] we'll be smashing from 4 PM on. Anyone is free to show up, we've got Melee and Brawl setups. You can just drop me a PM and I'll give you the info on it
Post your address on the boards, nobody is going to PM you.

Did you go/miss HOBO 15? Will you be at the next Houston Major/Epic Brawl/SF4 Tournament (HOBO 16/TYS 1) on May 2, 2009?

Reasons why to Come:

Its at Funplex. Venue can hold 400+ People + Arcade + Projectors
All of the best SF4/Brawl players will be here! SF4/Brawl till 2am
HOBO 15 had 85+ players in attendence
Casuals being played (MVC2/SC4/SFHDREMIX/TVC/MELEE/3RDSTRIKE)
Out of towners. 1 month+ in advance. Book your tickets NOW!!!

Excuses that are Banned:

I have job/work. SO TAKE OFF!
I have something important to do. Stop being scaredd and COME!
I have school work to do! Tell your teacher I said It was OK TO HOBO/TYS!

For more information about HOBO 16/TYS 1, Go to--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142123 Or Go to--> www.smashbrostournaments.com/event/main/ See you there... NO EXCUSES!!!
I hope you know how gay of a human being you are for posting this in this thread of all places . . .

More on topic with everything people are talking about:

Players we've lost basically:
Big Burn
Mo
Mike Falco
Aaron Hall

Players we're gonna lose soon possibly:
Echo
Secks.
Ian

Players who probably wont quit for a while but still likely:
JBM
Tyser
Uli
Dekline
David
Smeesh
Majik
AYosh

Didnt include Iowa players since they dont even practice anymore and are considered Brawl players to me.

I blame Mo and Mexi because they quit and they were the heart and soul of the Smash Community :'(

Big Burn

Smash Lord
i haven't really quit yet... I just have been really busy with stuff lately... I just don't see to much more reason to keep playing THAT often anymore... but of course I do enjoy playing. Also dark will be quitting after Genesis. It almost doesn't even feel right to keep playing after Dark officially quits. I feel like when Dark finally calls it quits, that kinda marks a milestone. I also graduate in May, probably should start looking for a job ehh?
I don't really see myself taking the time to go to many more out of state tourneys, but I did have a lot of fun in Champaign as a last out of state hurrah

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Its dead in Nebraska.... me and Mike bearly kept the mother ****er alive my freshman year of college no one hardly played back then. If we hadn't people probably woulda stopped taking it seriously all together. Too much division we can't seem to get everyone excited about it anymore, just a select few. I'm at the stage to say **** it some people in Nebraska seem to already have anyway.
Your freshman year? Pretty sure I was still playing on a regular basis with Devon, Mexi, and David.

I blame Mo and Mexi because they quit and they were the heart and soul of the Smash Community :'(
Ssshhhhhh. I haven't quit yet just on break ;) If there are any good tournies in the MW over the summer and we practice on a regular basis leading up to it, I could probably commit to the trip.

i haven't really quit yet... I just have been really busy with stuff lately... I just don't see to much more reason to keep playing THAT often anymore... but of course I do enjoy playing. Also dark will be quitting after Genesis. It almost doesn't even feel right to keep playing after Dark officially quits. I feel like when Dark finally calls it quits, that kinda marks a milestone. I also graduate in May, probably should start looking for a job ehh?
I don't really see myself taking the time to go to many more out of state tourneys, but I did have a lot of fun in Champaign as a last out of state hurrah
Dark's quitting after Genesis??? Is this confirmed?!

Top Bottom