• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
4 the gaemegenie 500 this saturday, the 22nd.

Looking at

1 car from South Dakota-4
1 car from KS-3? I heard there might be a 2nd car from KS too.
1-2 cars from Iowa-4-7
Should be at least 10 people from Nebraska. I'd say more, but some people are scared!

Quit being scared and get your groove on!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I have to work at 6 am on Fridays now, so I won't be hosting games on Thursdays after the next one because I have that Friday off to go to the Iowa City tournament. Assuming Iowa City doesn't freeze over. The coolish thing about it is that I get off at 3 so I can like do stuff on Friday Night and sleep all day Saturday or be able to go OOS fridays.

Anyway, we are still good to go on the 27th, but I think that might be the last Thursday games for a bit. Or maybe I won't work on 6 am every Friday and we can still get it going, idk.

I'll try and get a consistent day for games, but I am not sure if it will be mon/tues/weds for various reasons.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm actually hosting games tonight at my place, doors/megaman at 7 smash games at 8, people show up at 8:30.

402-305-5522

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Saturday March 29th is going to be a smash local "Best in Nebraska".

I have decided we will be doing "Doubles" first, mostly to judge interest and because I think this will be more fun, and by the time May hits and people are ready for UGFT that singles gauntlet will be more rewarding.

Rules and stuff.

#0-This is meant for Nebraska local players, but OOS is welcome, but you must team with someone from your carpool unless you want to pick up a "random" from here. I won't allow like Joker/Bpow to team with someone like JBM/Tyser.

#1-10$ per person, so 20$ a team.

#2-Round Robin 8 teams cap.

#3-You must keep the same partner for all 4 smash games.

#4-Nebraska scene players must play with other Nebraska scene players, no exceptions except for odd #'s of people (exceptions to this addressed earlier). This is for the best of Nebraska, OOS must win without Nebraska blood tied to it. JBM and the Tylers are Nebraska, for the record.

#5-We need 4 set ups per game. You can only have 4 sets of 2 teams going at a time, so that's all we need. For Singles I think we would want at least 2 more per game.

#6-Order of games will be chronologically. You do not start another game until everyone has finished.
Smash 64-Melee-Brawl-PM

#7 Point System for Doubles per game

1st-9 points
2nd-7 Points
3rd-4 Points
4th-2 Points
5th-1 Point

1st place and 3rd place Ties will be broken by a best of 3 in Brawl-. If 2nd place tie the $ will be split.

#8-Payouts for 8 teams or 16 people would be 80 for 1st 50 for 2nd and 30 for 3rd.

Register by quoting this post or saying you want to register afterwards but quoting would make it easier to see!

Last edited:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
2 Things.

LOL I forgot that I posted here about that tournament. That has been moved to the 29th of March.

#2-I am hosting games tomorrow, doors at 7, games at 8.

402-305-5522

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Saturday March 29th is going to be a smash local "Best in Nebraska".

I have decided we will be doing "Doubles" first, mostly to judge interest and because I think this will be more fun, and by the time May hits and people are ready for UGFT that singles gauntlet will be more rewarding.

Rules and stuff.

#0-This is meant for Nebraska local players, but OOS is welcome, but you must team with someone from your carpool unless you want to pick up a "random" from here. I won't allow like Joker/Bpow to team with someone like JBM/Tyser.

#1-10$ per person, so 20$ a team.

#2-Round Robin 8 teams cap.

#3-You must keep the same partner for all 4 smash games.

#4-Nebraska scene players must play with other Nebraska scene players, no exceptions except for odd #'s of people (exceptions to this addressed earlier). This is for the best of Nebraska, OOS must win without Nebraska blood tied to it. JBM and the Tylers are Nebraska, for the record.

#5-We need 4 set ups per game. You can only have 4 sets of 2 teams going at a time, so that's all we need. For Singles I think we would want at least 2 more per game.

#6-Order of games will be chronologically. You do not start another game until everyone has finished.
Smash 64-Melee-Brawl-PM

#7 Point System for Doubles per game

1st-9 points
2nd-7 Points
3rd-4 Points
4th-2 Points
5th-1 Point

1st place and 3rd place Ties will be broken by a best of 3 in Brawl-. If 2nd place tie the $ will be split.

#8-Payouts for 8 teams or 16 people would be 80 for 1st 50 for 2nd and 30 for 3rd.

Register by quoting this post or saying you want to register afterwards but quoting would make it easier to see!
I want to register I really think I can make it this time

Fingers crossed

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You broke my Elite 8 post streak.

Ok, sounds good, are you gonna bring a teammate or do you want me to find someone or do you just wanna hang out and see if anyone wants to team?

Also I need to post about the next/only Nebraska tournament

April 19th.

Roll Tier, sponsored by 70MGame

it has all 4 smash games singles/doubles and then 5 EVO games, SSF2T, 3rd strike, UMVC3, KOF13 and SSF4AE2001spaceoddessy.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
I'll just hang out and see if anyone wants to team

Also I'll probably end up leaving earlyish like last time so nothing too serious

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm sure we can find you someone to team with.

Right now we have

Team SD
Team Tyler
Fat david/Gingersnaps
GG222/Yeerk?(If he has it off work)

Me/JBM/Yosh/Ghoul/Rocha/Entro are wanting to be in it but don't have partners figured out yet. So I guess we only have room for one or two more teams!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
I can't go this time

My dad is leaving on Monday and we need the money

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Yo, smashfest/doubles tournament tomorrow.

Doors at 1:30 pm.

We still need like 3 64+smash64, 1 copy of melee and like 3 PM set ups.

I've heard of people having copies of 64/melee/brawl but not 64/cube/wii's or vice versa, if this is the case bring them. Or post about it here, that seems easy.

My computer doesn't have an SD slot on it for some odd reason and my old computer broke becasue Devon did it, so if someone could bring a laptop or something (maybe Tyler Kulp could stream again?) that has an SD slot I would like to copy your PM onto my PM player.

I can't go this time

My dad is leaving on Monday and we need the money
:/

That's okay try and make the 4/19 tournament, that one should be way more worth your time.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Results.

64-
#1-MRM/Ghoul 7-3
#2-Sm3esh/Gravy 6-3
#3-JBM/Yosh 6-4
#4-Cal/Majik 4-5
#5-Eat/*** 0-8

Melee
#1-MRM/Ghoul 7-2
#2-Sm3esh/Gravy 8-3
#3-JBM/Yosh 5-4
#4-Cal/Majik2-6
#5-Eat/*** 1-8

Brawl
#1-MRM/Ghoul 8-1
#2-Sm3esh/Gravy 7-2
#3-JBM/Yosh 4-4
#4-Cal/Majik 2-6
#5-Eat/*** 0-8

PM
#1-Sm3esh/Gravy 7-2
#2-MRM/Ghoul 6-2
#3-JBM/Yosh 6-4
#4-Cal/Majik 3-6
#5-Eat/*** 0-8

#1-MRD/Ghoul-28-8 $60
#2-Sm3esh/Gravy 28-10 $30
#3-JBM Yosh- 21-16 $10
#4-Cal/Majik-11-23
#5-EAT/*** 1-32

Thanks for coming out

We are gonna do a 16 person same thing, 4 4 man pools, every one makes bracket all 4 games in May.

Or if we have enough to do a 24 person I'd do that but maybe not here.

Overall, we really need to make sure we have enough set ups for this April tournament!

Last edited:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Probably going to host games tomorrow night at like 8 or so. I think I'd like to try and get some sleep though, so probably until like 2 or Savannah says gtfo.

But if you were planning on going to an oos tournament instead you should do that.

Though maybe we'll do some rr's!

Last edited:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
If we just ran melee singles without cumulative scores, then yes, but since it was combined the wins count as much as the losses, and 7/2 is better than 8/3.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hello there nice to see a new up and comer and we just had a tourney yesterday with PM there but if you were to find more tourneys you would have to pay attention to this thread when @ MegaRobMan MegaRobMan shoots post up otherwise events in our area is also posted on our Facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/199063406858260/

Last edited:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I am new to the smash community but am looking forward to any P:M tourneys coming around Omaha
Hey! I'll let you know I post here about them, trust me. But if you are interested in smashfests

Okay I am hosting games tonight.

Doors at 7 games at 8.

I'll have to hang with the baby until he passes out warning.

But come!

402-305-5522 if you don't know where it's at.

Also bring a working PM set up, since mine doesn't work.

Also we are in the works for a tournament in May.

Also someone else needs to start hosting games, every 2 weeks is fine here, but if we are going to start seeing improvement we need other places to gather more frequently. I probably won't be able to make a lot of those, I won't lie, but it's for the best!

tldr; post your smashfests here!

Satisfyler

Smash Cadet
I could potentially start hosting games if people are willing to drive to Council Bluffs. My schedule's very open so games could be whenever people wanted to come over. I have two setups (1 PM/Brawl or 2 Melee) and extra sticks if needed. Kinda small place but 6 people would be able to comfortably fit. Let me know if anyone's interested.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I may be down but me not having transportation and I'm all the way out in Millard doesn't help me much. If I can find a ride down there and if it's on a Friday/Saturday/ Sunday then cool.

Satisfyler

Smash Cadet
Hell, my little brother lives in the Millard area. I might be able to convince him to come over and pick you up. He's also trying to get into competitive PM so this might work out.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Damn well I hope that works out then and if he lives by Millard South or Harrison Street then that can work.

Satisfyler

Smash Cadet
Ok, I talked with my brother. He says he'd be down to pick you up for fests. He won't be coming to every fest but it's at least an option right now.

My goal is to host at least once a week, I might try for Fridays or Saturdays.

Top Bottom