• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
So what time does the tourney start?

Im sure everyone would probably enter if we had an actual time to start.

people weren't super high games and ran the tourney efficiently.

I don't have a tv, but I will bring a setup.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Oh you know I don't give a **** when it starts lol.

I mean, it's not like there's anything else to do. And I run it awesomely. I tell people to go play their games all the time. Except when you and david refused to play when you were outside talking for like 30 minutes that one time. But I prefer not to be a ****head about stuff because it doesn't matter.

But if people want me to be strict I will be.

I guess it's on me to set times but I'm just going to sit around and play games whatever, it's not like we have 30+ people coming.

And when people say we need to start early/later I always listen. Which is a sign of a bad TO probably but since I'm the only monthly in town I like to make people happy.

high games=happy.

Also thanks for bringing my gamecube. I want to say hello.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Lol Rob you took that personally. Its not really even about you its the players who show up at like 4-5 or later and everyone just plays games all day, and eventually we decide to wait for them.

Due to my new job, im not able to stay up as late. So, i'd appreciate it if we got things going. I would just like it if others could try to at least be there by 2 and start around 3.

If you guys aren't able to be that reasonable then im not interested in participating

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Eh, I don't want people to think I'm a bad TO if I'm planning on throwing a regional/seminational.

Iowa/SD are here so everyone come.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Can't teach a fat lazy old cat new tricks.
Especially not when that fat lazy old cat refuses to learn new tricks.

Rob I agree that there are certainly tons of things in melee that can only be learned by playing other people, but I feel like you've shorted yourself somewhat when it comes to tech skill. There's still quite a bit out there to practice where you don't need other people.
I've said this before

That's words you should have given me long ago.
That's words you shouldn't even need to hea. Self critique or never improve, plain and simple.

The thing is, we have told you to practice in the past. Not that we should have to; it should be common sense if you want to get better. I've pointed out two major flaws in your play in the past which is short hopping and wavedashing. I even told you face to face that you had to work on that months ago and I dunno if it went in one ear and out the other or what, but you haven't learned how to do either of them consistently. You have to practice, which I hear you don't ever do.

Other Smashers that I talk to tell me that you play Mega Man on your free time over Smash. If this is true, essay-posts about your shortcomings shouldn't even be written. It should be obvious why you aren't improving as quickly as I, as well as everyone else, expected you to for months/years now.
Bold for emphasis.

But no, you are right, but I have tried to wavedash and stuff like that vs the cpu before and I can't apply stuff like that to actual players, I mean when I'm playing vs people lower than me on the hypothetical PR I usually try and work on tech skill, but here's the deal.
Yes you can. But you never practice against the CPU.

I neeeevvvvveeeerrrr play vs people worse than me. People more on my level, mike and majik, would wreck me if I practiced doing that to them. and trying to do new stuff vs Yosh gets me down.
****ing johns. Have you ever once said "Dan will you play me in Melee so I can work on my wave dashing?" NOPE

And yes you're going to get wrecked, that's how it works. You try something new that you aren't good at, you get ****ed up. Tyser back me up here; remember last time we played at Davids? I know my wave dashing wasn't anywhere near the level it should be, but I was doing it, correct?

Dan sold all of his stuff.
Gave away

DAN ALSO SOLD HIS GAMECUBE/SIZE]

Gave away

Oh you know I don't give a **** when it starts lol.
I give a **** when it starts :(

high games=happy.
Okay this I can't argue with, if only because these tournaments aren't serious and smoking weed makes life better (especially the not serious parts)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
It's okay Dan, you are higher ranked on the lol PR than I am melee.

But you are right I usually don't ask you to play melee and it's because idk, I am bored playing video games unless I am with other people right now in my life. And I dunno you never want to play smash vs me, and I have asked you to play before but it was to practice chaingrabs, not WD.

Megaman barely excites me at times, tbh playing OS's 3 level MM hack was the most fun I've had playing video games since that 100 megaman hack spree.

I mean, you've seen me not playing megaman. Or smash unless I"m playing vs someone who asks me to play. Really I've only played Ninja Gaiden 2 the last week or so, and Megaman 2 and Megaman X.

This should change as I am hopefully going on a crazy cross united states smash tour in august so maybe I'll get motivated to play any videogames anymore.

and by that I'm not going to FC anymore for family ****. Taking Megaman bus to NE

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
It's okay Dan, you are higher ranked on the lol PR than I am melee.
Lol Rob, 1) that PR is a joke and 2) even if it wasn't I really don't care. I don't even care about my solo queue elo; ranked 5s are literally all that matter.

But you are right I usually don't ask you to play melee and it's because idk, I am bored playing video games unless I am with other people right now in my life. And I dunno you never want to play smash vs me, and I have asked you to play before but it was to practice chaingrabs, not WD.
I never really play Smash (including Brawl/Melee/PM/64/whatever). But as I recall I played a few games as IC that day you wanted to get some practice for Fino (lol like my IC can give you practice for Fino). And I played against Keith (lol Brawl) and would've played against Eric (lol Brawl) if I wasn't actively involved in playing League when you invited him over. Anyway the point is Melee is something I'd be way more inclined to play

And if you're bored with video games maybe it's time to move on. Writing? Going back to college? Actually finding that second job? **** man use your Google-hunting skill to find some basic programs and start working on your own hacks.

Oh and the kid is asleep and I needed a break from Mega Man hacks :p

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'm going on a long vacation to NC using megabus. It's looking like I'm going on a journey.

I'm gonna play vs the IL smashers on the way there, maybe.

I'm going to a melee/brawl tournament in KY on the way there (looking for my first brawl OOS win and first melee tournament win and OOS to boot).

Then I might end up seeing the GA smashers but idk.

Then I get to play vs Dr. PeePee and the rest of the NC crew, I think they might be doing a RR tournament the weekend of the 18th of August.

Then maybe GA smashers, then maybe KY smashers.

Then there's gonna be a tourament in IL to go to again.

So, that means the next tournament is going to be August 5th.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324937

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Fine.

August 5th-Omaha Local
August 11th-Melee/Brawl Tournament in KY
August 18th-Melee/Brawl Tournament in NC
August 25th-tenative Melee/brawl tournament in IL.

Doing all of this for 86 dollars via megabus.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Probably....

Fun story, wallet was stolen in Orlando Saturday, so no ID/Monies of any kind. Had to catch my flight out to NH today. 2 weather delays in charlotte, and I missed the last boston bound flight for the day. 9hrs till a morning flight. Stuck at the terminal

Salt

:phone:

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Sadly I dont know, I think its bad to take their ID and impersonate. I was in civies at the time, so how would they know, they took the whole wallet.

:phone:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Strippers stole my cousins wallet and he's in the navy.
Oh, and they said it was felonious to have an ID even, at least in Iowa where it occurred.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Bytes Adventure MM1

Alpha RM3

Cray 4 RM5

Beta RM2

I'm gonna do a MM6 one and a MM4 one as well, the MM4 one is gonna be single segment because I can do that one like that for the most part :)

Also the Tournament http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324937 has been officially changed to Sunday the 5th. I have to drop my parents off at the airport at 5:00 a.m. sunday so I won't be asleep ti like 6 a.m. so doors not until like 1:30 but there are plenty of set ups (as in TV's, bring wii's/cubes).

Top Bottom