• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Shoutouts to Mexi getting blown up on stream in a Johnny Cage mirror match bad and calling himself king of MK and another guy from Omaha,Nebraska named Dubquis who got DQ'd first game for pressing the start button and then getting body by a OG Tekken/MK player named Slips who uses Scorpion. All of this happening at Frousty Faustings IV in Northbrook, IL.

Edit: Yay for GG Nebraska players matches at Frousty Faustings.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
"Melee results are nuts, people hate hbox and armada and the scene is dying incredibly loud after Apex due to the most brawl metagamed set ever occured in melee."

That's the summary of opinions in the melee community, imo.

"WTF, there was a brawl tournament?"

That's the general feeling around the brawl community, imo.

I still want to play the game, but I might have to pick up YL so JBM will know what I mean when I say "You know, I could play a lot gayer..."

I need games this week before Thursday so Nebraska doesn't get embarrased in brawl and melee.

resTy

Smash Champion
Once Hbox vs. Armada was announced for Grand Finals, nobody should have even been shocked at the outcome. Yeah, it's gay as fuck but ain't nothing we can do about it and both of these nerds deserved their places so I'm not even mad. Other than that one set, the entire tournament was pretty awesome, in my opinion.

And for the record, picking up Y.Link will be a waste of time. There's a reason Armada only uses him in one match-up. I promise straight destruction vs. a Fox/Falco/Sheik/Marth/Falcon. Just lettin' ya know before you put effort into something that's not going to pay off.

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
i bet money conspiracy is really tyser
I'll take that bet. Put $1000 on it?

I am flattered that I'm still getting love from the Omaha post...that I got flamed by Tyser about in the DSM thread.

I haven't played brawl for about 3 years, and don't know anyones screen names. I think I played smeesh (devin?) a few times back in omaha but other than that I have no clue.

Either way...if the omaha scene is open to a new player looking to play for fun my brother would like to play some matches with a group.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Major Edit: You guys need to step your PEACH game up. I got wrecked the hardest, not by kels or anyone you may expect, but from some peach player.

I think I embarrassed a few people at this tournament in melee, lotta people were talking about how they would wreck me because of how bad my sheik looked only for me to later 2-0 them. People kept calling me "That old 2003 sheik".

Made it out of pools in both melee (37 people entered melee) and brawl (48).

Pretty good story but I'll put it in collapse if you want to read
Best story ever

I had to play Kain in pools, and in between getting ****, I played decently enough to be ahead of him 50% 2nd stock to Kains like 110% 2nd stock. 2nd match of pools. The stage is Delfino. We are at the part where the stage has been on the flat plaza area for a while, you know the part with the D3 walk offs and crap on the right side and the water on the left. The it has been like this for a bit over half way through the transformations lifespan.

Pause is turned off, mind you.

Some dude, totally walks in front of the TV during kain and I's match during pools, and stands there for a few seconds.

I am mashing pause.

After taking a few seconds he then just unplugs his controller and tries to walk away with THE CONTROLLER KAIN IS USING.

Kain is like "That's not your controller, yours is on the other wii"

The ship sets sail and Kain gets killed with his controller unplugged.

The guy is all like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClnSMCdw6E8

I just look at the guy and start laughing.

I ended up barely winning the match because I was so disgusted with how stupid people are.

2ND DECENT STORY EVER

Also I beat Krystedez in TWO money matches (Ness/Mario) and Pit. Sadly this was before I thought about recording the matches.

But...

Our 1st match of the Pit v Wolf set, the Wii just magically fell off of the table and crashed at the PERFECT TIMING. We were both at our last stock, 0%. So we just did a 1 stock match and he won. Then I came back and won the last 2.

NEBRASKA PIT PRACTICE HELPS!

Kain's reaction to me beating Krystedez-"Yeah, he was just playing way better when he was playing against me."

Gotta keep those wolves hungry.

Also beat Zwarm in a money match. (recorded the last match.) First match I beat him pretty convincingly but the 2nd and 3rd matches were last hit last stock.

I also beat Hadesblade in dollar money match (because he refuses to play Wolf in a serious match) though he beat me the match beforehand.

This was kind of a funny story since I started the entire thing by saying "Yo, I'm gonna record these matches, even if you **** me, unless I like SD at 0 something stupid".

Also beat his D3 pretty convincingly in friendlies beforehand. (recorded 2 MM matches).

Totally SD'd at 14.

I lost to Ike and Kirby, the same stupid combo I lost to, in the same order, at BTEH with Mr. Doom and JoWii. Kirk and Kappy. Kirk straight wrecked me, no johns.

BUT I ALWAYS LOSE TO KIRBY BY GETTING SWALLOWED AND DYING!!!!!!!!!!! IT HAPPENED LIKE 8 TIMES (since Kappy was also in my pool we played 6 matches so he had plenty of opportunities).

Someone teach me Ike and Kirby. (I know how to beat Kirby, just don't ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever go near the ledge.)

I SD'd a lot today :/

Edit wtf is with the lingering arrow at 2:28-2:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYyAR_BEI6A might have to ask a pit main or something.

resTy

Smash Champion
I just caught that "Peach player" thing. Peach isn't that tough honestly; just scary. Stay patient and you should be okay. Once you get greedy, you lose the match. You haven't been in the game very long though so your Peach experience is hella low. Also, the dude you lost to is John who's pretty good, if I recall correctly. Don't be too disappointed.

And 2003 is kind of right. You play like a not as good version of Tope.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
The only thing that disappointed me was that I should have beaten ORO but I SD'd 2nd match, 3rd stock :/ It's hard to beat Falcon when he has a stock lead.

That peach was good, but I do poorly in matchups I don't know. In all games.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I don't even mean to double post and I do it anyway.

Tyser-"I'm getting top 8 at SMYM, Quote me on this"

Thursday at like 11:30 p.m. January 26th.

Bolun Ye "I'm getting out of pools at SMYM. Quote me on that too."

MaJiK

Smash Ace
capcom is super trolls
like tyser could never come close to what they've done

"I'm getting out of pools just like last time" -MaJiK

Top Bottom