• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Jace08

Smash Lord
can't wait to see you guys! jbm, smeesh, tyser, majik, david and ballin please tell me you will all be there this saturday. I hope people aren't tournied out since you guys did just have one last week

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I actually wanted you to come Tyser as well. Rob was telling the world how you should be a top 5 DDD and I need more DDD practice.

And I want like MK Mike and other cool people

resTy

Smash Champion
lol. Rob says good things about me? That's adorable. The problem here would be the date since I think you're holding your tournament at the same time as SMYM, which I will probably be attending. Thanks for thinking of me though, brah. Appreciate the love.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I actually wanted you to come Tyser as well. Rob was telling the world how you should be a top 5 DDD and I need more DDD practice.

And I want like MK Mike and other cool people
And to be fair, I said he would be a top 5 D3 if he didn't play brawl once a month, but he's too busy being a top 5 Samus (in the midwest) to care about being the best D3 or allowing me to get to be the best Wolf, which we would obviously be if he took the game more seriously.

MK Mike top 5 Samus is probably more legit because he's one of 5 Samus mains that's actually good as Samus, but he doesn't enter usually and when he does the midwestWW is stacked since we have like 8 man tournaments and half of the players are good.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Read the OP, it's in Tyser's sisters room.

Probably Dans, but there's a lot of buts in that, I don't like spreading stuff around, but his dad is in the ICU center at Methodist hospital.

only1Z

Smash Champion
We all wait for the day a tourney is held in one of the smashers sisters room....Maybe it won't smell so funny so fast.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Tourney moved to MK Mikes, no word on if his sisters room is available.

So far, myself, Bolun, Tyser and Devon are the only Nebraskans who have registered for SMYM.

ShermantheTank

Smash Journeyman
Just letting everyone know the tourny is gonna be at my place. I'm willing to have people, but I wanna play League with the Kansas players that are coming, so once the tourny matches are done we might need to kick people off of TVs for space :/

Other than that get ahold of Rob for directions, tourny starts at 1. See you all tomorrow.

resTy

Smash Champion
My Brawl Fever finally got cured. Gonna stop playing for a while again.

P.S. I'm probably not going to SMYM. I don't really wanna spend ~$100 and I need to focus on school more anyways. Since I've started Melee again, I've been fucking up :/

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I remember talking with someone who is 25 or older about how only him or I could drive the rental, so I'm assuming that's David. but idk if he's going.

resTy

Smash Champion
So, I tried to calculate the cost of going to SMYM. I'm poor games so I do this stuff...

(This is all assuming we have 7 people going on the trip)

Driving: ~490 miles from Omaha to Champaign (980 miles, total trip). Pilot can hold 21 gallons of fuel @ 22 miles per gallon, highway. Gas costs around ~$3.75. If I did my math correctly, it should be around $24-25 per person.

Housing: I'm not entirely sure here so I'm going to just say our housing is $70, which is probably higher than what we're really going to be encountering. Two nights stay will be $140, so ~$20 per person.

Tourney: $10 venue fee; $5 extra if you aren't preregistered. $15 for Singles; $10 per person for Teams. I'll be paying $25 bucks but some of you are gonna have to pay the extra $5 and are doing teams so that'll be $40 for the whole package.

Food: This varies so I'm going to estimate ~$10-30.

Misc: This also varies so I'm going to estimate ~$0-1,000,000

Total: $100-115 ± $0-1,000,000

This is mostly just a reference for myself since nobody else is poor games xD

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I think we could probably get free housing, bertbusdriver has space for 8 and I know he's 402 (seewhatididthr) friendly.

Top Bottom