• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

resTy

Smash Champion
Okay, so after Hot Dickings and getting to see the difference in level between the best (Illinois) and us, I've come to a conclusion that we're never gonna reach that level of skill at least not any time in the near future, say a year or two.

I'm quitting Melee competitively now because reaching that level isn't possible in our area. The only good players in the state is me, JBM, David, Smeesh, and Echo. Everyone else either doesn't play at all or plays so little that their level compared to us is obvious. If we don't even have a real community then playing this game to get good seems kind of like a big waste of time.

It was fun and I still plan on coming out and playing games with you guys because I doubt you guys are going to quit. But my participation in out of state tournaments, as well as locals, is nonexistent from here on out.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Okay, so after Hot Dickings and getting to see the difference in level between the best (Illinois) and us, I've come to a conclusion that we're never gonna reach that level of skill at least not any time in the near future, say a year or two.

I'm quitting Melee competitively now because reaching that level isn't possible in our area. The only good players in the state is me, JBM, David, Smeesh, and Echo. Everyone else either doesn't play at all or plays so little that their level compared to us is obvious. If we don't even have a real community then playing this game to get good seems kind of like a big waste of time.

It was fun and I still plan on coming out and playing games with you guys because I doubt you guys are going to quit. But my participation in out of state tournaments, as well as locals, is nonexistent from here on out.
:(:(:(:(:(:(

Do what Dr. PP did and study video religiously

Echo

Smash Champion
Yeah I crushed a beer before I left but I was good lol. I guess I was speeding. And yeah, doubles is awesome.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Where is a good place to go for basic/advanced tech's (wavedashing and simpler things than that). I have a very basic knowledge of how to play, but I'd like to get up to speed so I can do more damage and become the best teams player in the state.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
part 3 just explained to me why I can't dash dance with Sheik but I can basically everyone else. I'm gonna rewatch it tomorrow

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Regarding Kahoka

@JBM: I THINK there would around 20 people at least that would enter Melee. Tell you what, if you and NE come for Melee and most of you enter Brawl, then me and Nicole will both enter Melee singles. However, the focus will def be on getting Brawl done, so you guys (and anyone else who wants to play Melee) will really need to step it up as far as bringing setups goes. Also, you might be able to get the St. Louis Melee players to come if you say something to them in the St. Louis social discussion. I'm not exactly sure WHEN Melee would take place, though, if it does. I mean, there is probably enough room to run Brawl and Melee at the same time. However, it would be a more efficient use of TVs if Melee was done on Sunday. Anyway, Hylian and Rauleen have offered to run Melee, so if you guys get the word out then Melee can pretty much be a full blown event rather than just a side event.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
That aint Echo, look at that Join date/Tag. That's obviously Mega Man X from the future. I'm a big enough MM fan that him and Protoman come hang and play games with me every few years.

Top Bottom