• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

Alby

Smash Rookie
Nebraska is pretty active for tournaments, usually one monthly that has at least 30 people, bigger tourneys every 2-3 months that have more, and weeklies that get 20-30 about every other week (for melee). As Rob said, pretty much all conversation happens on Facebook. This thread is actually pretty dead as far as being relevant to the original discussion.

thedarkyoshi

Smash Cadet
Can someone give me details on the weeklies going on during the summer? Address, time, date. I'm having an annoying time trying to find information about this.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Depends on what game but pretty much UG host smash tourneys every friday or big weekly with PM this week and i think melee next week with Yulai hosting a big fg tournament with melee and smash 4 with customs next Saturday.

Therr are weeklies for smash 4 every Tuesday and Thursdays in Lincoln but you have to ask the people who host then first to show up in the Nebraska smash 4 FB group

CodyOdyO

Smash Cadet
Yeah, it's all dependent on what games you're trying to play. For Sm4sh there's the Nebraska Smash 4 group on Facebook, and for the other games there's Nebraska Super Smash Bros. You should definitely join one, or both! If you can't find any immediate information about them then just inquire about it through a post. Somebody will definitely help.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Sleeping and alive. The wandering loved child that we keep secret nationwide to appease the overlords.

Temkin

BUSTER
Also gonna make a announcement here. Couple of big tournaments are gonna be happening this year, a few at portal and another UNO tournament. Hopefully all of them will be larger and more professional.

Temkin

BUSTER
That's my bad.

I kept brawl and melee together for long and so well too.
Nah it is just natural, I think. The games are just becoming to different and there is just a large enough people who play each game that they are slowly separating. The salt that comes with it is pretty funny thou.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Also dumb ass kids making decisions and not knowing the full history. Funny cause I told people if stuff like this happen I would help out the new kids. Also new kids being new kids.

That's my bad.

I kept brawl and melee together for long and so well too.
That was a different era man of our time when Brawl release cleave the fanbase into discord and hate and they were only 2 main games and the chill game with brawl minus later. Some brawl heads got worse crap than the smash 4 heads now. Your stubbornness was needed outside of Pictochat lmao. It's on 64 status now but with stigma.Here's a reddit post a while back and some history.

http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/34otvz/hey_its_nakat_this_was_written_by_v115_about/

Last edited:

Temkin

BUSTER
Newbs will be newbs. I am sure in the next few years Smash 4 will slowly be dying and pm and melee will slowly grow larger. I think all the new kids will want something more after having the taste of competitive Smash and look towards melee or pm.

Also what is everyone's opinions on online paying for tournaments. Might start running it more.

Alby

Smash Rookie
Wes let me know if you want some help with those events.

Related to online tournaments, have not tried netplay, but if it's better than sm4sh online play, I might be into it for $2-5. Would not play Sm4sh online tourneys though unless I absolutely had nothing else to do.

Last edited:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Eh I told Luis to run Ps1 over Pictochat at his brawl events, even though I am 100% convinced Pictochat is at worst the 6th best stage in brawl COMPETITIVELY.

Temkin

BUSTER
Wes let me know if you want some help with those events.

Related to online tournaments, have not tried netplay, but if it's better than sm4sh online play, I might be into it for $2-5. Would not play Sm4sh online tourneys though unless I absolutely had nothing else to do.
Well when I mean by online pay. Like using paypal or a similar website to register for a event. Not online tournaments lol

Temkin

BUSTER
3rd post in a row lol

Ghoul and I are planning the uno tournament now. And would like to hear everyone's opinion on it so far. We are gonna do pm, singles and doubles. Melee singles and doubles. No Smash 4. Have pools for singles in both games.

What we can't think of is a good name for it. Neither of us liked the mavs deliverance name and looking for a new one that will draw people in.

Alby

Smash Rookie
I misread your post, thought you said "online play" not "pay" lol.

Anyways, I'm not really bothered but you'll rustle some jimmies excluding sm4sh from UNO, it's definitely been a popular game at the Smash Mavs meetups I've gone to. If anything, I'd drop dubs from either melee or PM and put in Sm4sh singles. Last UNO tourney was 31 entrants for Melee, 41 for Sm4sh.

Temkin

BUSTER
I misread your post, thought you said "online play" not "pay" lol.

Anyways, I'm not really bothered but you'll rustle some jimmies excluding sm4sh from UNO, it's definitely been a popular game at the Smash Mavs meetups I've gone to. If anything, I'd drop dubs from either melee or PM and put in Sm4sh singles. Last UNO tourney was 31 entrants for Melee, 41 for Sm4sh.
Well the first two mavs tournamnets both had Smash 4. But did a joke pm tournamnet for the first one and a melee for the second. All of the new staff for mavs this semester play pm or melee. None of them play Smash 4 seriously.

Smash 4 can have a break for one tournament. Also it is getting to a point were I don't even know who is good at the game so I can't seed the brackets as good as I would like to.

Really the Smash 4 guys should start running their own tournaments instead of dependimg on people who have said multiple times that they don't enjoy the game. If they want good brackets someone from the group should take action. Aka Spanky4bestTO.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Naive and dumb would be more appropriate. Anyhow you got an apartment with Yeerk I need to hit you cats up for games pretty soon.

Temkin

BUSTER
I am not on the smash 4 page anymore because it was to much for me but post like these just make my day. So funny.
oh yeah man. We are still cleaning up some stuff and still working on getting a stream up but we are kind of close to you know. A little north but still grinding all day. Well I am anyways.

Alby

Smash Rookie
I don't care at all what you or any TO tries to do and I'm not telling anyone how to run anything, I'm just confused about how a group that plays primarily sm4sh would elect people who hate that game to run their group. Maybe they don't play it seriously because the group itself is not that serious? Or maybe the times are a-changin' at UNO, and nobody cares about Sm4sh compared to the other games, but I would think that the turnout at the last UNO tourney would sort of prove otherwise. If you think you can run a tourney excluding Sm4sh without pissing people off, I'd do that, because those are the better games. But I'm not sure why you'd need to even risk that.

Temkin

BUSTER
I don't care at all what you or any TO tries to do and I'm not telling anyone how to run anything, I'm just confused about how a group that plays primarily sm4sh would elect people who hate that game to run their group. Maybe they don't play it seriously because the group itself is not that serious? Or maybe the times are a-changin' at UNO, and nobody cares about Sm4sh compared to the other games, but I would think that the turnout at the last UNO tourney would sort of prove otherwise. If you think you can run a tourney excluding Sm4sh without pissing people off, I'd do that, because those are the better games. But I'm not sure why you'd need to even risk that.
I'm sure it will piss people off. Especially Cody because he will be missing out some free money.

Still the Smash 4 players are trying. Luis is hosting his weekly things... It's nothing professional but still something.

Also a lot of uno staff is pm and melee players this year and Neil won't be attending this semester I believe. So there goes 2 Wii u set ups.

So it will be interesting to see what game dominates this semester.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Cause we are FREEEEEEE and stubborn. Hope everyone enjoy themselves though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom