• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
It's an embarrassing sequel. They took the best selling game on Cube and inexplicably decided on a complete overhaul lol it's funny if you think about it. Should have just called it Mario Party 9. That's all it will ever be.

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
Let's see.

They took a moderately glitchy game full of things you shouldn't be able to do, fixed it, threw on some different physics.

And you, without knowing anything about it or about any hidden techniques yet to be found, are judging it to be an embarrassing sequel.

You can't judge jack **** if you haven't played it. Since I'm assuming you haven't (and if you have, you would be far from unlocking all the inner workings of the engine) you cannot accurately say anything about what's embarrassing about it or not.

That's like not seeing a movie and judging that it sucks besides one trailer, or pretty much anything you don't know about and judging it. Brawl is an entirely different kettle of fish. You can't play it the same way.

Come on Mo, you can not like it or whatever, but embarassing? Bull.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Believe me I played it and believe me every seasoned veteran there did not like what they were playing. I knew it was gonna be embarrassing when I started running forward with Falco and fell down. I said..what the hell happened? SOmeone said...oh you randomly fall sometimes when you start to run.

LOL are you seeeeerious?! I run sometimes and I never randomly fall down. Where the hell did they get the idea that this would be a good thing to put in the game? Imagine you were in a tourney match...last stock.....oh they missed an fmash...time for a crucial dash attack for the win! ....WAIT I fell down and got fsmashed and lost? Cool.

Mexi summed it up well lol....That's a baaaaaad game.

And you hypocritical fool....don't make any judgments until YOU have played. I have. So don't tell me not to make any judgments. You're already convinced it's the best game ever because you blow balls at SSBM and want something totally different. Well you got it, less depth in the words of Mew2King. Have fun.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
The thing is that people thought that Brawl was going to be Melee 2 but instead they got a whole new game.

I agree with Sir Roy Brawl is a fair game, I like the fact that u can go with Game&Watch or any other low tier(Melee list) and have a chance against Fox or Marth.

Sure the game feels different and theres no WD or, L-canceling but when Melee first came out nobody play with those techniques it was something to have fun with.

All I'm saying is if ur going to play Brawl have fun because sooner or later someone is going to come up with an Advance how to play like in Melee but it still fun.

And if people stick with Melee they can alway play it on the side events of Brawl like Melee is with Smash64, because more people are going to play the newer game.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
unfortunately for some people, who would have thought id spend a solid 3/4 of this post going on and on about what kind of inconsiderate, lying, selfish, piece of **** of a person that echo guy, or if you think your his friend LOL, you may call him mike, really is...

well **** folks...brawl?!
i was gonna fire up some smursh ending career shoutouts but im sure everyone would understand when i say it was a hella fun ride and for the folks who really know what im talking about, you know there was nothing else like it.
i retire this game. AND I RETIRE THIS NAME!

Big Burn

Smash Lord
i thought brawl was pretty fun... im not really sure about how competitive it will be... only time will tell and i won't judge harshly until i get a LOT of time with the game...also i saw that dark got 2nd in that brawl tourney with CF... dark is eternal nerd... apparently he has played the game a lot this week and thinks its to good, so i guess you can take that for what its worth...

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Sure it was fun. It's going to be fun to play all the new characters and all those sickass stages and try to get all the trophies again. But when the novelty of all that wears off, I just don't see this game having near the depth that SSBM had, which is what made it an amazing tournament game. I'm not doubting it's fun, I realized a couple of months ago that those games are fun when me, Devon, and Mexi started playing random 3player FFAs on Hyrule for hours.

Uli

Smash Champion
i thought brawl was pretty fun... im not really sure about how competitive it will be... only time will tell and i won't judge harshly until i get a LOT of time with the game...also i saw that dark got 2nd in that brawl tourney with CF... dark is eternal nerd... apparently he has played the game a lot this week and thinks its to good, so i guess you can take that for what its worth...
i agree 100% with this

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Mo,all I an say is I am glad you admit its fun. I also am hoping that it will turn around and be a great tourney game, just all the stuff hasn't been discovered. But the way I look at it is, brawl and Melee are two different games. I suppose they could have just made SSBM2, and just added characters and levels, but they wanted to make this a seperate game. Just like SSB and SSBM were seperate games, you have too play them as such. You can try the exact same tactics between the two of them, because there different games.

But, I have yet to play brawl, so in reality, I am just offering an opinion, but while I do believe it will be a different game, I think that it will be played differently and create just as much of a great game and tourney scene that melee did. But only time will tell for sure. All I know is that I am going to walmart about 11pm sat march 8th, and am gonna wait and get my copy of brawl, and nerd out till I pass out.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=144161

check that out, there's another Echo on the boards :p

Sir Roy

Smash Journeyman
First of all, if me and Mike hadn't had a discrepancy about times, I'd have played it.

Second...

You're already convinced it's the best game ever because you blow balls at SSBM and want something totally different.
First of all *******, I'm far from being terrible at the game. You yourself haven't played me in years, so you don't how much better I've gotten. I might be able to beat you now. The fact that you come around once in a blue moon and play, does not give you the ability to come out and tell people who suck at the game and who doesn't. And I used Roy and managed to, recently, not constantly take last place. That certifies right there that no, unlike what you think, I do not suck. I'm not saying that I'm a King at this game, but I'm far from being completely incompotent.

Second, who the **** do you think you are talking to me like that? We're supposed to be friends here and you tell me that I blow? **** you dude. Not only have I lost respect for you in the fact that you are supposed to be a decent human being, but the fact that we're supposed just be having an easy debate going here and you go out and vocally punch me in the face. We all know someone who's god awful in all seriousness at the game and I'm not you egotistcal *******, get over yourself. I'm wrong for wanting something different after playing it for five years? Get the hell out of here dude.

(Me and Echo talked, it's all good now, we had a miscommunication about times. Tis cool. My reservations about strangling him are soothed. Yay!)

Lastly, I don't proclaim that brawl is the best game ever. Did those words appear under my name in the forums? No. The reasons people are faulting it (like yourself) is because they got good at Melee, were expecting a Melee 2.0 and guess what? Wrong. I will give the game credit where credit is due, and like any game critic (I guess I am a semi-official one, I used to work for a company that did so.), I will criticize when nessessary.

So to sum it all up in a nice little sentence, **** off Mo, everyone else go play brawl and enjoy yourselves.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I thought brawl was kinda a let down not saying its BAD cuz i hardly had enuff time to play it to judge it.
But i will agree that randomly falling down when you start to run is by far the dumbest most worthless completely ******** thing i've ever heard of. What possible purpose could that serve other than to screw that person over?

Secondly, I'm sure there are combos that we just didn't have enough time to play it to find any. I mean, i didn't figure out any awesome combos in SSBM after the third 4 person FFA match i ever had.

With that said, I hate peach.

E P I C

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i watched hugs play brawl.. he just does combos.. and big d's downthrow, uair, KNEE is too good.. we just suck at brawl right now is all :(..

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
**** people are hating and ****, i'm still gonna play brawl but with a different controller lol.

unless i get nice internet anytime soon i won't be playing online games with brawl, so sorry.

E P I C

Smash Journeyman
i am not getting brawl.. gonna focus more on skool since im failing all my classes at the moment.. perhaps in the summer time maybe..

only1Z

Smash Champion
I saw 1 guy playin dedede, and all he did was miss his chain throws :p But amazing aerials if they can hit~

only1Z

Smash Champion
Fairly disappointed in your last post...tsk tsk....good luck in your endeavor though, he looks fun.

only1Z

Smash Champion
The ***gotry, sir. Adding a catch phrase, that was just terrible, to an already annoying character that didn't even have one in the first place is one of our greatest dubbing crimes.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
King De's back air looked pretty poop from when I was watching Tyser nerd.

lol that's funny that you think you can beat me though Quen. Anyways it's very simple you tried to rip my post apart when you knew absolutely nothing about the situation, you hadn't played the game, and you didn't know whether or not I had played the game. When in reality, YOU are the one who hasn't played the game yet you offered an opinion on it being "fair." This, by definition, makes you a hypocrite. I don't appreciate someone practicing hypocrisy trying to tell me I'm mistaken, wrong, whatever. I hope I spelled that out clearly enough. lol thanks for trying though.

Aaron where do you live right now? Still in CB?

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Yup, still in council tuckey, just chillin and working. Sometime after brawl is out you'll all have to come over when my wife is gone for the weekend and we can smash it up.

BTW, is anyone going to the gamestop brawl tourney?

Uli

Smash Champion
pretty sure that me and a couple of people are gonna kreep one of these gamestop tourny. dont no which store yet : \

which one you plan on going to aaron?

Top Bottom