• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's Matchup Thread (Old thread)

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
mmmh think i dont know how fight him, problem when he comes with down air and try to read him (same problem as jiglipuff)

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
mmmh think i dont know how fight him, problem when he comes with down air and try to read him (same problem as jiglipuff)
If you have problem reading that, just space yourself enough or wait for him with a pivot grab/smash.
If you do that some times, he will stop trying to fall above you with Dair.

Seleir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yoshigold
3DS FC
2707-1692-7697
Switch FC
2632-8168-1029
guys megaman vs olimar olimar really have trouble vs megaman

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Megaman doesn't have anything to get in on Olimar. Just shield his specials when he throws them at you and outspace his jab/nair. He pretty much has to fish for grabs.
I had a lot of trouble dealing with his jab. It didn't seem like I had much to contest it, so it usually forced me into shield (if I moved away he'd just follow me over to the edge and I'd be in a worse position).
Here's my set for reference, please tell me what I can do better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQUHyvuu6BU
(Disregard the few times I rolled right into a smash of his, tech errors hehe)

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I had a lot of trouble dealing with his jab. It didn't seem like I had much to contest it, so it usually forced me into shield (if I moved away he'd just follow me over to the edge and I'd be in a worse position).
Here's my set for reference, please tell me what I can do better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQUHyvuu6BU
(Disregard the few times I rolled right into a smash of his, tech errors hehe)
You're to stationary. You just stand around a lot of the time, and wait for him to approach you. I'd recommend being more mobile and using short hop and side-b more to keep yourself moving while pressuring him with Pikmin throw.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
You're to stationary. You just stand around a lot of the time, and wait for him to approach you. I'd recommend being more mobile and using short hop and side-b more to keep yourself moving while pressuring him with Pikmin throw.
Hm. I'll keep that in mind, thanks. It's an unfamiliar matchup for me so I didn't really know what to do.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
If you don't mind, I will like to add 3 things.
  1. If he has a pikmin latched on and he charge a Side Smash, you HAVE to get close to punish that fail.
  2. Use Dsmash a little more because it covers both side and have a great annoying power.
  3. Sometimes, with a Pikmin latched on, megaman's lemon will hit the Pikmin.

manueluno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
manolonoe
I have to say this is a funny thread. No disrepect intended but looks like the mod is a teacher dealing with a bunch of toddlers all asking questions at the same time. Then one asks who Myran is... hilarious!

Aaanyway, Olimar looks fun. I like the micromanagement side of his game. Will probably pick him up as a secondary and spend some time around this forum.

Sorry if this is not relevant to the MU duscussion.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I have to say this is a funny thread. No disrepect intended but looks like the mod is a teacher dealing with a bunch of toddlers all asking questions at the same time. Then one asks who Myran is... hilarious!

Aaanyway, Olimar looks fun. I like the micromanagement side of his game. Will probably pick him up as a secondary and spend some time around this forum.

Not gonna lie, that seems to be the case more times than not haha. Probably due to being the only top level Olimar who is active on here.

manueluno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
manolonoe
Great dude. I will be asking questions soon as well. I main D3 and don't have too much trouble with Olimar. But, to be fair, I have only faced a few at FG so I don't know the MU that well.

How do you deal with the pengüin?

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Great dude. I will be asking questions soon as well. I main D3 and don't have too much trouble with Olimar. But, to be fair, I have only faced a few at FG so I don't know the MU that well.

How do you deal with the pengüin?
It's easy for Olimar, D3 is way to slow to do much. Olimar can easily over pressure with spaced pivot smashes/grabs and abuse side-b.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz

Not gonna lie, that seems to be the case more times than not haha. Probably due to being the only top level Olimar who is active on here.
I'm not a top player but I answer some things too xD... no? ok u_u.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I'm not a top player but I answer some things too xD... no? ok u_u.
I know you answer things. It was more in regards to everyone asking me questions all the time since I'm a credible source of top level play. Your help is appreciated as well.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
I know you answer things. It was more in regards to everyone asking me questions all the time since I'm a credible source of top level play. Your help is appreciated as well.
Thanks for your kind words bro. It's all ok ^^.
My goal is to be as good as you.

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
Any opinions on the Mewtwo matchup? The most recent posts in the M2 matchup thread were talking about this matchup, with varied opinions.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
The only issue I've ever had with Mewtwo is his side-b. I know you act out of it first, but I'm never sure how to react and usually end up getting up smashed. Are you supposed to jump out? Fair? Other than that, Mewtwo is easy to rack damage on and kill. Not really a threat.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The only issue I've ever had with Mewtwo is his side-b. I know you act out of it first, but I'm never sure how to react and usually end up getting up smashed. Are you supposed to jump out? Fair? Other than that, Mewtwo is easy to rack damage on and kill. Not really a threat.
Jumping is usually the safest thing to do out of confusion, 'course now you're above Mewtwo with no second
jump but it'll usually prevent him from getting a hard punish.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Ok guys, I have been playing A LOT against Diddy and I'm confident enough to say that, if I don't make too much mistakes, I can win the match.

But I really need TONS of advices about Sheik's MU.
I tried every pivot *something* and SH (short hop) backwards to Fair in order to punish his grab and dash attacks, but nothing seems to work.
Also I get "bounced" (bouncing fish) almost every time I try to get back to the platform, if I don't then I get "bair'ed" against the platform and gg wp good bye. Bouncing Fish also succeed against me after a grab.
When I'm far enough I can use side B to cancel it, when I'm lucky down B but most of the time isn't the best decision.

Please consider me like I don't know nothing about and tell me anything you can against Sheik, I really need it.

Thank you.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Respect his attacks. He has to come to you, just run away and throw stuff. It's an awful MU for Ganon.
Any suggestions for what to do when he knocks you up in the air? How do you get back down on the ground while avoiding his side-b combo? I really have trouble with this.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Any suggestions for what to do when he knocks you up in the air? How do you get back down on the ground while avoiding his side-b combo? I really have trouble with this.
Bait it out by saving a jump, or use your up-b and cancel into a fast fall aerial if the's under you. You could also just whistle his aerial to land.

Steam

Smash Hero
What would you say olimar's worst matchup is? I need a secondary specifically for him since he completely destroys Lucario/Bowser.

Last edited:

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Sheik
What would you say olimar's worst matchup is? I need a secondary specifically for him since he completely destroys Lucario/Bowser.
Sheik. But I don't know how well a secondary Sheik will go over. What olimar(s) are in your area?

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Ok guys, I have been playing A LOT against Diddy and I'm confident enough to say that, if I don't make too much mistakes, I can win the match.

But I really need TONS of advices about Sheik's MU.
I tried every pivot *something* and SH (short hop) backwards to Fair in order to punish his grab and dash attacks, but nothing seems to work.
Also I get "bounced" (bouncing fish) almost every time I try to get back to the platform, if I don't then I get "bair'ed" against the platform and gg wp good bye. Bouncing Fish also succeed against me after a grab.
When I'm far enough I can use side B to cancel it, when I'm lucky down B but most of the time isn't the best decision.

Please consider me like I don't know nothing about and tell me anything you can against Sheik, I really need it.

Thank you.
Anyone? please?

Top Bottom