• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
I agree, Olimar is easy to play, that's why there are so much Olimars/Alphs out there :3.

Actually we only have to throw our Pikmin and wait :).

The charts about difficulty on characters are something like this.

Sheik like 90%
Pikachu like 90%

Diddy Kong like 70%
Greninja like 70%
Marth like 60%

Mario like 40%
Olimar like 40%

Luiki like 30%

So of course Olimar is easy to.... WHAT? Mario and Olimar have the same difficulty?
C'mon ¬¬ don't say it's easy.

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
Olimar isn't hard in that you have to have mass gaming skill, it's more that you have to memorize what each pikmin does, and that's hard apparently.

StripedNinja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StripedNinja
Olimar isn't hard in that you have to have mass gaming skill, it's more that you have to memorize what each pikmin does, and that's hard apparently.
No, that isn't the hard part, no one's saying that. The hard part is applying that information IN THE MOMENT. You always have to know where all your pikmin are at all times, what pikmin are available to you, how to get pikmin to or away from you depending on the situation, what pikmin are next in your plucking order and how it affects you're options. You are constantly adapting to a ton of variables that you have to keep track of at all times, and the optimal punish in the same situation can change every time. Olimar players need to know how to adapt more than any other character in the game.

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Are people who don't play the character at a remotely high level actually trying to talk about him? That's a bit ridiculous.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I have heard your pleas, oh, Olimar mains!

I will fix the difficulty bar as soon as I get home!

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Just a reminder.. it is harder not easier... I don't know, just saying.

It is nonsense to compare Mario and Olimar with the same difficulty.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
I find it hilarious how much of a troll you are. I remember hearing something like this happened to the Samus mains when you put their character as easy. Do people always get butthurt if you put their character as easy?

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Actually, I like to see Olimar categorized like easy to play. This will help a lot to improve the knowledge because more people will try to use it :D.

Thank you KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer ^^.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I find it hilarious how much of a troll you are. I remember hearing something like this happened to the Samus mains when you put their character as easy. Do people always get butthurt if you put their character as easy?
It depends on the character really. Luigi, Falcon and Lucina mains were all accepting of the notion that their characters are "easy" to play. I've honestly only had problems from Samus/Olimar regarding actual demands for it changed.

Samus was originally on a numerical scale 7/10 which isn't really that easy at all, but a whole bunch of Wi-Fi Warriors literally demanded that it be raised to 10/10 and they harassed me about it for weeks. You can find the full thread here. At first I did actually try reasoning with them before I decided to just troll them.

I still get asked on Reddit sometimes by some of the angry Samus mains who posted in that thread asking me why the difficulty is so low, even though they know why. lol

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Still never changed purples damage modifier from 1.6 to 1.4
Priorities tho. Why have accurate info when you can just be a funny memer instead :^)
It depends on the character really. Luigi, Falcon and Lucina mains were all accepting of the notion that their characters are "easy" to play. I've honestly only had problems from Samus/Olimar regarding actual demands for it changed.

Samus was originally on a numerical scale 7/10 which isn't really that easy at all, but a whole bunch of Wi-Fi Warriors literally demanded that it be raised to 10/10 and they harassed me about it for weeks. You can find the full thread here. At first I did actually try reasoning with them before I decided to just troll them.

I still get asked on Reddit sometimes by some of the angry Samus mains who posted in that thread asking me why the difficulty is so low, even though they know why. lol
This is actually hilarious.

Honestly, Olimar is super difficult to play almost entirely because he's coded horrendously, but if you're losing sleep over a bar graph on a website that actually changed Ness' name to "Ebola Back Throw," you're fighting a losing battle. If people see the graph and think "hey, Oli's easy to play, guess I'll pick him up" they'll learn really quick that that's not the case. All of the bars are arbitrary essentially anyway, it's just a neat graphic.

Like, for example;

Yoshi has an existent difficulty bar. Clearly he's just trying to rustle people.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It hasn't been changed because I've got other things that need to be done. I'd rather mass update the site after all the characters are done than update after every patch.

But you can continue to be a salt factory if you want. No one is forcing you to use the resource.

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
It hasn't been changed because I've got other things that need to be done. I'd rather mass update the site after all the characters are done than update after every patch.

But you can continue to be a salt factory if you want. No one is forcing you to use the resource.
**** I make a joke and I'm a salt factory? Think you gotta calm down a bit man. Take a step back and realize that not everyone except you is always upset. I think this whole thing is really great, teaches people to not stress about little unimportant things.

Last edited:

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, Olimar is super difficult to play almost entirely because he's coded horrendously,
I feel like some pikmin just sit there and look at me like, "Naw, man, I don't want to die for you." And then my smash attacks don't come out.

Mr Moosebones

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Moosebones
Smash Bros iteration of Pikmin are the greatest trolls in video game history.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
Smash Bros iteration of Pikmin are the greatest trolls in video game history.
I had a fun glitch the other day. Olimar gets knocked off stage and a yellow pikmin joins him. The active pikmin with the red arrow is a Purple pikmin who just runs up to the ledge and stops there. Using the whistle didn't recall the Purple pikmin nor did it switch to the yellow by Olimar.

I couldn't do any moves until I got back to the stage. I basically had a pikmin next to me in the air, but the purple one was "active" and stuck at the edge. Just slap le trollface on top of that pikmin and spit in my eye, Sakurai.

Last edited:

Dig Dug

Chronic Lurker
I had a fun glitch the other day. Olimar gets knocked off stage and a yellow pikmin joins him. The active pikmin with the red arrow is a Purple pikmin who just runs up to the ledge and stops there. Using the whistle didn't recall the Purple pikmin nor did it switch to the yellow by Olimar.

I couldn't do any moves until I got back to the stage. I basically had a pikmin next to me in the air, but the purple one was "active" and stuck at the edge. Just slap le trollface on top of that pikmin and spit in my eye, Sakurai.
Oh god, this happens to me all the time, sometimes multiple times in the same match. I was beginning to think it was just me who was cursed or something. Generally when this happens, all three of my pikmin decide to hang out on the ledge while blatantly ignoring my whistles, leaving me a sitting duck off stage. The only comfort I get out of this is that if I die, they die too.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
Oh god, this happens to me all the time, sometimes multiple times in the same match. I was beginning to think it was just me who was cursed or something. Generally when this happens, all three of my pikmin decide to hang out on the ledge while blatantly ignoring my whistles, leaving me a sitting duck off stage. The only comfort I get out of this is that if I die, they die too.
Yeah, unfortunately, there are all sorts of weird pikmin interactions. Sometimes they just fall off the stage. Sometimes you'll throw a pikmin and that pikmin remains "active" despite you having other pikmin in your line, so you can't use pikmin that you should clearly be able to. Pivots aren't always reliable when pikmin drag behind. Sometimes whistle just doesn't work at all, even if pikmin aren't recovering from a recently-used move. And we all know what happens when Olimar is cornered at the ledge and suddenly pikmin start flying around in the air, trying to get back on stage.

A patch that gave simple quality-of-life improvements to pikmin AI and active pikmin recognition would be a de facto buff for the character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom