• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's Best Memontum Canceling Aerial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I've noticed that to DI better it's good to know which of your aerial's stops certain monetums the best. Sort of like how GnW has bucket braking, but just to a far less extent.
I'd prefer if we just discussed it so maybe we could add the information to a guide, orhelp newcomers perform better(or even veteran players with bad DI :D)

If someone asked me personally in most cases for me it'd be Nair, but that's up for disucussion. Iv'e seen someone get hit wait a Dk F smash at like 40, and almost completely stop momentum with a fast salled Nair. I've been using this more and more lately but it's usually in terms of Horizontal DI.

Discuss?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
His upair has the shortest duration of his aerials. It's the best one to use for momentum canceling. I wasn't aware that his nair reduces momentum more than any other aerial. You sure?

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
His upair has the shortest duration of his aerials. It's the best one to use for momentum canceling. I wasn't aware that his nair reduces momentum more than any other aerial. You sure?
Theory plox? Probably works.
Scenared: *launch*--*N Air with tap&smash DI while in/coming out of move frames aimed diagonally upward*

Better DI plox.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
i use upair with tap+smash di diagnolly up, also, if you hit with a move that will kill you if you just do that(like snakes fsmash at 70% in middle of fd) try doing a dair instead after just one upair, its risking your chance of reaching the edge alot but it gives you a better chance of survival

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
i use upair with tap+smash di diagnolly up, also, if you hit with a move that will kill you if you just do that(like snakes fsmash at 70% in middle of fd) try doing a dair instead after just one upair, its risking your chance of reaching the edge alot but it gives you a better chance of survival
Wow, I said that in my previous post. XD
Also, DAir is a bad habit; UAir dominates all.

I've actually been wondering this myself, I usually just spam cstick in the opposite direction.
That's a bad habit; get rid of it.
The correct method, rather, would be what I said in my previous post, and use UAir, not BAir.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Wow, I said that in my previous post. XD
Also, DAir is a bad habit; UAir dominates all.
you just said upair but didn't say about all the dis, and im telling you, if used right and you have no other choice to live upair->dair is a lifesaver

asob4

Smash Champion
uair is just a little bit faster
i usually use fair as i point towards the stage with it, it makes me feel better lol
it's a mental thing
i live to 160+ :D

Fino

Smash Master
Hmm, I mostly use uair when tap&smash DI, I'm more curious about using fair though. You sure about this Fino because I've done both and uair works better.
I was saying, if he's used to fair... don' worry about it. He mains marth, wouldn't wan't him to start uairing with marth to momentum cancel. If he's comfortable fair'ing (the second best option) he should do it.

I myself use uair and then whistle. WAC that KO son XD

~Fino

Excellence

Smash Champion

I was saying, if he's used to fair... don' worry about it. He mains marth, wouldn't wan't him to start uairing with marth to momentum cancel. If he's comfortable fair'ing (the second best option) he should do it.

I myself use uair and then whistle. WAC that KO son XD

~Fino
You survived my Yoshi Up Air at 189%, that was so bull ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom