• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllidR

Smash Champion
So how did everyone's EB Games tournaments go? I hope that each and everyone of you use Olimar?

Well I won my tournament WITH Olimar and will be advancing to the second round. They gave me a trophy with a guy in a wrestling outfit (?) engraved with something about Brawl. I'll post a picture of the trophy later, its absolutely hilarious.

Anyway, share and stories.

Lightrain

Smash Rookie
Wiseguy-Nice signature. It's funny.

Also, even though I probably wouldn't join any clan soon, I probably will main Olimar. Are there any signatures that would help show that? I personally have no idea of how to make a signature.

assassinX105

Smash Apprentice
I'm going crazy here, my mom won't wake up, I need to go get brawl, but she won't wake up...............................WHY WON'T SHE WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lightrain

Smash Rookie
If you're that desperate to get it, you cold always walk/take the bus there. Provided that you're allowed to. On the other hand, if you could wait, then it's better to 'cause then your mom won't think of you as an obsessed gamer who can't wait a few hours.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
i went, used olimar.....and lost first round XD

it was reeeeeeealy close, and now i've been playing snake, and i'm happy.

IllidR

Smash Champion
i went, used olimar.....and lost first round XD

it was reeeeeeealy close, and now i've been playing snake, and i'm happy.
Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAKEEEE?????

How could you switch! It just takes so practice is all to get used to Olimar, he's well worth it. Me and Egruntz were even having some Olimar v. Olimar yesterday, it was great.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Wiseguy-Nice signature. It's funny.
Thanks. My bro is studying animation, and was good enough to whip it up for me over the Spring Break.

So how did everyone's EB Games tournaments go? I hope that each and everyone of you use Olimar?

Well I won my tournament WITH Olimar and will be advancing to the second round. They gave me a trophy with a guy in a wrestling outfit (?) engraved with something about Brawl. I'll post a picture of the trophy later, its absolutely hilarious.

Anyway, share and stories.
The only "tourney" I've played so far are matches with my brothers, but I'm REALLY enjoying Olimar. Using him was a bit tricky at first, but thanks to your video thread I got used to him pretty quickly. :)

My old characters (Mario and DK) are also better now than they've ever been. I've very, very happy overall. Can't wait to get together with my pals after school for a Brawl-athon!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
4468-0673-2536 = my FC

Sorry for the inactivity, Ive been going to tourneys that require a bit of traveling.
Great, Ill add you. Pikmen, I require friend codes from you all!

Mine is - 1289-7880-6249

I have to test my Olimar against all of yours, he's so awesome, totally my main.

Also really loving Pit, Ike, and Toon Link.

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
While were at it heres my FC: 5026-4124-5890

G4E and textbook just waiting on confirmation, hopefully play you all before long =)

-True

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I've got some free time tonight, so I'll do the whole friend code thing then. Right now, I'm stuck in class...

EDIT: Back at home. Here's my Brawl FC: 3952-6731-3196

I just input: True, G4E and Textbook. If you don't return the favor I'll be highly offended. ;)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm sorry to say that I agree with Glitch Master on this..... Olimar....... isn't that much of what I thought he would be. Only one of his specials does damage. I think I'm sticking with Samus..... or maybe I don't like it because I have an HDTV......
Gasp!

I win most of my matches with Olimar! (Well, Snake and Toon Link too) and he has TWO specials that do damage technically, Pikmin Throw, and Pikmin Chain (You just have to hit right with it, it's quite good)

And I never, NEVER rely on specials, I always use my aerials, f-air and d-air (hooray for teh spike) are the best.

Olimar is great, he just takes strategy, but whatever works for you guys.

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
If you added me make sure to PM me that you did that way I make sure to add you in return, otherwise I might overlook it and we wont be able to play in the lagfest that is known as nintendo wifi.

kidding

But yeah... pm me with your friend code if you add me.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
Gasp!

I win most of my matches with Olimar! (Well, Snake and Toon Link too) and he has TWO specials that do damage technically, Pikmin Throw, and Pikmin Chain (You just have to hit right with it, it's quite good)

And I never, NEVER rely on specials, I always use my aerials, f-air and d-air (hooray for teh spike) are the best.

Olimar is great, he just takes strategy, but whatever works for you guys.
I don't know, it was just slow. I'm sure it wasn't Olimar, though, because my HDTV lags with video games such as Guitar Hero III and Medal of Honor 2, and we were using wireless controllers.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
As of now, I'm no pro as Oli, but I'm getting much better. In the meantime, I've found other mains in Diddy, Wolf, and Snake. I AM NOT A TRAITOR. I just have 7 mains. Olimar is one of them.

Florida

イーグランツ
Gimping Ness with Olimar:

While Ness makes an attempt to recover to the stage, quickly latch a Pikmin onto him. Of course, you should be doing this for ANY character trying to recover, but for Ness it's a special occasion. When using PK Thunder to recover, his bolt will automatically hit the latched Pikmin instead, thus having Ness fall to his doom. The Ness could just whack the Pikmin off before using the third jump, but early Ness players won't think of it. Thoughts?

assassinX105

Smash Apprentice
I'll add you guys after school, here's my friend code 4768-7116-6553 (sorry for the inactivity, playing brawl to much). also I'm maining everyone in this game, but mostly I'll play as olimar, wario, sonic, and pikachu (maybe yoshi)

kafke

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, Sorry I've been off lolz I got brawl (monday night) And haven't been off since. Ummm I think I found a glitch with our captain, its a bad one too. Well, just today I was playing my large custom stage. I had 5 pikmin (maybe 4, but not 6). Training (Idk if that helped the glitch), and my pikmin did not help attack. I couldn't throw them, couldn't Ariel attack, Nor smash, and if I tried to pluck more pikmin, it acted as if I already have six. Glitch?

Oh and my Brawl FC is 0259-0014-5141

It's my game (got it for my b-day) but my bro also plays it online, so My online name is .&K

please post FCs

snowbonez

Smash Apprentice

While Ness makes an attempt to recover to the stage, quickly latch a Pikmin onto him. Of course, you should be doing this for ANY character trying to recover, but for Ness it's a special occasion. When using PK Thunder to recover, his bolt will automatically hit the latched Pikmin instead, thus having Ness fall to his doom. The Ness could just whack the Pikmin off before using the third jump, but early Ness players won't think of it. Thoughts?

HELLOOOO!! PEOPLE!!
BIG BREAKTHROUGH HERE!!
great idea, never thought of it...and ****, it'll be some good medicine for my Ness using, upB spamming friend.:chuckle:

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
theglitchmaster is a good person to ask kafke, and it sounds like your game just froze. glitches occur alot of times, and this has happened once. is no glitch.

IllidR

Smash Champion

Does this actually work? If so then I have to try it against your Ness. =P

kafke

Smash Apprentice
theglitchmaster is a good person to ask kafke, and it sounds like your game just froze. glitches occur alot of times, and this has happened once. is no glitch.

:) The only thing is it got fixed when I d-smashed. It was weird, I think it was the level that caused it though. There was a lot of moving platforms. BTW Is there any way to fix the lag? I've noticed that when I'm online, I get lag (little for w/ friends, but a lot for w/ anyone.) Oh, and I'm still maining olimar. He's not that bad. My bro calls him rigged XD

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman

I'lol. :laugh:

That sounds diabolical.

Uhm... BTW, egruntz... I PM'd you a long looooong time ago about become a tentative member of the pikmen? I was never added... could you look into it? I'm a huge pikmin main guy...

Thanks! :embarrass

Florida

イーグランツ
HELLOOOO!! PEOPLE!!
BIG BREAKTHROUGH HERE!!
great idea, never thought of it...and ****, it'll be some good medicine for my Ness using, upB spamming friend.:chuckle:
:) I came across it while fighting some event match-- the one where you play as Ness and you have to fight the three, annoying, tiny Olimars? Yeah, that one.

Does this actually work? If so then I have to try it against your Ness. =P
Of course it works. :p I've tested this out some more, and any Pikmin should be able to gimp Ness's recovery; all but purple. Using yellow Pikmin would be even better, I suppose, so you can call them back afterwards since they survive the PK thunder.

I'lol. :laugh:

That sounds diabolical.

Uhm... BTW, egruntz... I PM'd you a long looooong time ago about become a tentative member of the pikmen? I was never added... could you look into it? I'm a huge pikmin main guy...

Thanks! :embarrass
Oh, it's totally evil. I guess the Ness players should be glad that they're allied with us? Speaking of alliances, I'm planning on cutting ours completely. I honestly don't see the need, and beyond that it won't get anywhere. Maybe in the future, but for now everyone will just be having a good time playing some brawls.

Sorry about that, I know that you've been reminding me for a while, I've just been a little busy... (with Brawl). Though, since my computer is fixed now, I should be getting you up on the list pretty soon, as well as anyone else who hasn't been added yet. Thank you for your patience.

Wiseguy, confirm our registration so I can kick your ***, thanks.

Florida

イーグランツ
That's almost as sad as Snake's gimped Up+B. Poor Ness and Lucas, ha.
No, Lucas will accomplish recovery with this technique. Remember that his PK thunder can travel through enemies and obstacles, which includes pikmin. It's only Ness that got it hard.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Wiseguy, confirm our registration so I can kick your ***, thanks.
Same for me pleases? =D
Sorry, I'll do it as soon as I get home. This week's deadline for the school paper has kept me occupied. Fear not, I'll show you clowns what a TRUE Olimar master is like in due course. ;)

By the way egruntz, how do you edit the nifty character pic at the bottom of your profile? No disrespect to Bowser, but I'd like an Olimar pic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom