• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Stage Discussion.

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Stage choice being a key element in any smash tournament, Olimar is known to have stages which limit him a lot.

Which stages, personally, do you have trouble with? Let's get over them.

I, Myself, have trouble with Battlefield and Rainbow Cruise only. I usually ban battlefield so that I can win my neutral fight, because Olimar also has some pretty advantageous stages (cough luigi's mansion cough) to counterpick with.

I haven't found a way to make Olimar work on rainbow, so I usually pick MK on that stage >.<

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
wow someone actually agrees with me on Luigi's mansion???

thanks.

Also Jungle Japes. Not something I'm comfortable with but some interesting things. I would never choose this stage in a serious match.

Rocann

Smash Lord
jungle japes, rainbow cruise, are no fun for olimar. many seem to think frigate but meh. I'm really good on BF, I would much rather ban junglejapes than BF or any other neutral (I have a good enough TL for rainbow)

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Jungle Japes is bannnneeeddd in FL.

The reason I ban BF is because it's tiny. Olimar can get knocked off the stage pretty easy there. Not a lot of room to switch it up and retreat into pivot grabs a whole lot.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
bf is my best olimar stage - fits my style more than my olimar

Rainbow Cruise...umm...duh

Frigate Orpheon - One side has no ledge which means olimar has no tether.

Norfair - I just plain don't like it...plus it has mean lava :D

Delphino - HUGE ONE - if you land in the water - IF - you lose all of your important pikmin

Pirate Ship - View Above

Those are where I get counterpicked most often - I could elaborate but I'm tired and want to go to bed :D

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yah don't like bf eh? I love it. I CP it against everyone except MK, GaW, and Kirby. for those, I'll pick either luigi's mansion or jungle japes! I love how if you control the middle of japes, you win. It's that simple. You fsmash their landing and throw pikmin while they're on either the left or right platform. It' s fun.

asob4

Smash Champion
weegee's, lylat, or corneria for me :DD

i always get delfino or rainbow picked against me
but i got g dubs

Awex

Smash Lord
I pretty much always pick Battlefield or FD. (FD gives me the option to switch to Dedede.) I don't like extravagant stages for Olimar.

I always ban Jungle Japes. ;p

asob4

Smash Champion
i ALWAYS ban rainbow cruise
oh how i hate it so

some guy counterpicked corneria against me at the chula vista weekly hahaha
let's just say it wasn't pretty

oh and i 3 stocked voxx at weegee's

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
why does everyone hate on jungle japes? Stage control is much easier to take, there's a platform to hide under, other spammers that normally give Olimar trouble don't. I don't see a problem. It has worked for me.

off topic: yo fearless, I watched some of your vids. It's scary. you're my clone aren't you? I could predict everything you did, cuz it's what I would have done almost everywhere!!!

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
why does everyone hate on jungle japes? Stage control is much easier to take, there's a platform to hide under, other spammers that normally give Olimar trouble don't. I don't see a problem. It has worked for me.

off topic: yo fearless, I watched some of your vids. It's scary. you're my clone aren't you? I could predict everything you did, cuz it's what I would have done almost everywhere!!!
I don't hate jungle japes. I don't mind any stage I play on, but I like FD and BF.

*Off topic*
I just happened to watch a vid of Fearless vs. Loto. Good match, I like the way how he approached with Dodge Dodge D-Smash.

Awex

Smash Lord
Water is so dumb.

I have characters that can play on Rainbow Cruise. I just want to avoid japes altogether. ;p

Rocann

Smash Lord
like shrink BF is probably my best olimar stage. it just clicks, I like it there more vs MKs because the only thing that gives trouble with them is when they trick you as to when they're coming down from the air, which the platforms alleviate somewhat. norfair blows because there is no room on any of the platforms to do any sort of grab chains, and obviously olimar doesn't like "vertical" stages so much because of his problems coming down on people from above. delfino is fine for me, never had a problem >_> pirate ship I've played like 0 times so idk

shanus

Smash Hero
I <3 BF, pokemon stadium 1, corneria, lylat, mansion

I </3 delphino, rainbow, japes

Sprinkle

Smash Rookie
Any stage where you can stay below your opponent is good for Olimar, like Battlefield or Lylat Cruise, especially against a character like ROB who is so hard for Olimar (at least for me...) I think Luigi's Mansion is pretty is good unless you're playing G&W or ROB, who counter picked it every time from what I saw. G&W will spam the turtle on those poles all day, and smart players wont chase you to the top.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Jungle Japes is bannnneeeddd in FL.

The reason I ban BF is because it's tiny. Olimar can get knocked off the stage pretty easy there. Not a lot of room to switch it up and retreat into pivot grabs a whole lot.
not in Tally.

Also BF is my BFF. Stage control is fine for me.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
I dont get why people say that rainbow is a bad level for Olimar. On the initial ship, he can ***** the wall on the right side of the ship pretty well, for both teching and comboing purposes. After the ship, although there aren't many edges, recovery is pretty easy regardless. It's also easy to camp because there are so many options for where to run away if they come to close. Finally, the stage has pretty small boundaries, so you can ko at lower percents. Of course this applies to all characters, and its not like Olimar has a difficult time koing in the first place, but either way, its still nifty. Jungle japes, I'm more iffy about. I don't think i play it enough to have a great understanding of his advantages and disadvantages on it.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
The reason I ban Rainbow cruise is that during the mid section with the pendulum I tend to get KO'd there everytime. The only time I'm taken there is by a Marth, MK, and D3. None of which I have a huge problem against on other maps but there is nasty. MK and MArth take advantage of my terrible recovery options, hogging the ledge as the stage moves and D3 will push me toward the edge. The only good thing for me is staying far back and having one Blue pikmin for a 0% Back throw KO.

But for things like that I could always go to the Fire Emblem stage.

Snail

Smash Lord
I really dont like mushroom kingdom
That stage is banned anyway, though :/

I love Battlefield, Olimar's Mansion, the other neutral stages and Battleship Halberd xD Not because it's a great stage for Olimar but I really like the music. Gourmet Race ftw O_o

I absolutely HATE rainbow cruise and Jungle Japes. Japes has an extremely high ceiling which makes KOing really hard (except with Bthrows), and falling in the water equals death most of the time. Rainbow Cruise... I'M TOO SLOW!

Top Bottom