• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

olimar problems

LoL123

Smash Rookie
Im a relatively decent snake player, but when i face a good olimar player it gives me problems
it seems that when olimar spams his grabs, it can grab me out of a mortar slide
recently i ve just been keeping my distnace and using nades and nikitas more.
any advice against olimar players?

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
if you can, keep him in the air.
olimar is very floaty and his dair has a ridiculous amount of landing lag, which his basically his only defense from below. plan accordingly and punish.
this shouldn't be to difficult, seeing as how snake can easily slide across the stage in very little time.

Slyde

Smash Cadet
Lol 69 anyway i like snake but i have no advice i just want to say i like snake as well as pit

Percon

Smash Lord
Uh... do just that. Spam grenades and maybe a Nikita or two. Don't mortar slide if you know he's gonna grab you. Ftilt him off the edge when he comes for you. You know what to do afterwards. GG

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying not to rage from the posts above me...

Blah...anyway...

I don't think you should mortar slide as much against Olimar. I would only use it when he is above you. My friend used to main Olimar. He LOVES to grab every chance he can get. I would just practice jumping and jumping into air dodges. But, mostly, jumping into air dodges. Because, everyone knows that the Olimar user will think of using a fair after you jump.

I wouldn't try to do my attacks fully either. (ftilts and such) I would basically do one attack and then do an instant airdodge out of the way of the Olimar. An attack into a grab works too.

Side step dodging usually doesn't work with Olimar. His grab comes back. Thats why you should get used to using instant airdodges.

Slyde

Smash Cadet
Asian? First i not asian and please dont say anything stupid (racist?)
:confused:

No not racist, r u trying to get me baned? Well we go to the same school, i know you are asian so don't lie to these people and yes you are arrogent and :psycho:

Seriaxe

Smash Apprentice
Wtf, i dont even know you? and please i dont need a stalker trying to follow me. I dont know stupid people like you so...

These people? well dont act like a idiot and post stupid stuff, i seen all your post and all you say is something bad and then say PIT IS THE BEST!

Top Bottom