• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Mainers?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I would use him to try him out. Hes probably like a Warlock or Hunter from WOW... gonna be over powered cause he has pets xD

-Onyx

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I'll definately try him, and I did love Pikmin. I'll wait to see how he works, I would like to main him.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
I've never played Pikmin, so I really dont know about Olimar, but yea, it would be nice to see how he plays, and his moveset sooner or later lol. Its pretty cool how come people are planning on maining Olimar since he looks SOOO unique from the others.

Pkaz01

Smash Cadet
I've never played Pikmin and I was going to main Pokemon Trainer before but now I guess it goes down to whoever i'm better at. Definitely between PT and Olimar unless someone else comes up and Ike has a chance of being a main too.

Pabs

Smash Cadet
I'll probably main P&O. If the need to "summon" Pikmin to use smash attacks is too much of a drawback though, I dunno. Interesting character nonetheless. I wish Brawl would be released sooner, this wait sucks.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
I'll probably main P&O. If the need to "summon" Pikmin to use smash attacks is too much of a drawback though, I dunno. Interesting character nonetheless. I wish Brawl would be released sooner, this wait sucks.
Yeah i like this, i hope that Olimar could set up Pikmin in the beginning of the match, then play some mind games, and go in for the kill. That would be pretty awsome. but i guess we gotta wait n see!

Xanthyr

Smash Journeyman
This wait is amazing. It's like waiting a little bit longer before you have your favorite food, just so you enjoy it that much more.

I'll definitely try him out for all he's worth. Never know if a main is possible.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
This wait is amazing. It's like waiting a little bit longer before you have your favorite food, just so you enjoy it that much more.

I'll definitely try him out for all he's worth. Never know if a main is possible.
Haha yeah, i agree with you, but yeah now that we got Olimar the wait seems pretty worthwhile for a month. :) We probably won't get any other newcommers now.

Awex

Smash Lord
I plan to. I wanted him in Brawl more than any other character, and I'd say he's my favorite on the roster right now. I'm hoping to make a name for myself as the best Olimar player. ;D

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
I plan to. I wanted him in Brawl more than any other character, and I'd say he's my favorite on the roster right now. I'm hoping to make a name for myself as the best Olimar player. ;D
Good Luck training, i would love to play you, Captain O's Vs Diddy Kong. haha best of luck to being the pro olimar!

Rikka

Smash Journeyman
Defiantly have a heavy eye on him. Just basing off the characters themselves, it's always been between Diddy and Olimar. Probably both, in the end.

JoeyJoeJoeJr

Smash Rookie
He seems like good fun and it will be interesting to see which rolll the pikmin play

Purple = Bomb
Red = Fire
Can't remeber the othersFinal smash should be great

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Personally, now that i think of it, Captain Olimar just might have the potential to be really good, i'll give him a try, maybe even secondary him.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
The reason i am thinking of maining him is because of this...

His style just seems soo unqie, i just like it. maybe a Pikimin spam attack will help LOL. but seriously. im liking the looks of him just by this very picture.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
It sort of depends on whether or not I have to manually pull out the Pikmin. That, and how much of a hassle it is to do so mid-battle, you know? I mean, if I'm going to have to constantly play defensively in order to pluck out the little guys, it might grow tiresome.

We'll see what happens.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
It sort of depends on whether or not I have to manually pull out the Pikmin. That, and how much of a hassle it is to do so mid-battle, you know? I mean, if I'm going to have to constantly play defensively in order to pluck out the little guys, it might grow tiresome.

We'll see what happens.
Yeah, i also have a solution to this, if you K.O your opponent upwards and they are still tumbling in the sky about to blink in the stars. you could pull them out and rack up more and more pickmin! but yeah lets see how it turns out.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I won't be maining him, but you can bet I'll try him post haste.
This gives me hope for Ridley, in my own way.

I didn't think Olimar would make it as playable, and I didn't (Or don't?) think Ridley will. Prove me wrong, Sakurai!

T3h Kaiser

Smash Cadet
^QFT.He is great...maybe even my first!
Quote for truth? What about Olimar in Brawl, other than that he's a confirmed playable character, is a truth? You were given a few screenshots and now you're convinced he's going to be great?

I'm as excited as the rest of you, but simmer down for a bit and see how it works.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Quote for truth? What about Olimar in Brawl, other than that he's a confirmed playable character, is a truth? You were given a few screenshots and now you're convinced he's going to be great?

I'm as excited as the rest of you, but simmer down for a bit and see how it works.
Yeah, sorry about that im its just that Olimar seems really interesting and there is TONS to discuss about him.

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
Like other characters first I need to see his moves. And play with him. After that. We'll see who I am going to main =D

Ruggeth

Smash Journeyman
This is more of an unusual character update than Pokemon trainer. I saw the possibility, but I didn't count on it. (As I did for sonic.)

Anyways, he looks like a VERY interesting character, relying on pikmen. I am most certainly more interested in his final smash than anything else now.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
I already mained Sonic and Ice Climbers.

So Olimar's gonna go to my secondarys with Peach and Mario.

mudkip143

Smash Rookie
Yes im going to main him! forget about maining PT, Sonic, Pit, King DeDeDe. i dont care if he's bad. he's going to be like Peach, the underdog, which is who i main in melee. im guess im like gimpyfish, i dont care i just like Pikmin & Olimar.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
He'll be my first or second main...I'm not sure if Pit or him is first...

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
After seeing that he is hated as a character by few I have decided no matter how bad his moves might end up being he will be my main, along with Diddy/Sonic/PT.

Top Bottom