• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Mainers?

aleps

Smash Apprentice
Yeah he and PT look like difficult characters to master, thats why I like them both. Olimar was one of the ones I supported the most, so its right for him to be my main.
Olimar for Top Tier! :p

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Yeah he and PT look like difficult characters to master, thats why I like them both. Olimar was one of the ones I supported the most, so its right for him to be my main.
Olimar for Top Tier! :p
Olimar looks great, but i hope there are no Tiers in brawl so people dont always pick the highest tier..,. lol just saying but yeah nice choice!

Kaleo42

Smash Apprentice
I'm definitely try to main him. I love playing the strange characters that make people WTF!!! (Like Icys)
i'm with you on that one, i went with the puff though (before The King showed the world what she can really do). I'm going to master (if it's possible) sonic 1st, then i'm heading straight for the little guys, i can't wait to see samus get knocked off the screen by a pikmin
:laugh:

k-sin

Smash Cadet
Definitely maining him cos (MM) Young Link is going to be a no show and even if that Young Link returned he'd need masks to make him interesting.
So Olimar provides a wonderfully fun and funny character with a crazy way of fighting that I was hoping to get from (MM) Young Link. That and Pikimin makes it as my 2nd top strategy game of all time.

You may have guessed that Majora's Mask is my top game. =P

Florida

イーグランツ
they are so many people have said they are going to main him after one update?
Half of the people who've "decided" to main Olimar today, will move onto maining the next newcomer revealed. Olimar has always been my most wanted character. And now that he's finally here, looking completely complicated and bad-***, there's no way I'm turning back.

Ridley? Megaman? Minda & Wolf Link? Bah-- Olimar all the way.
Link being a close secondary ;o

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
I'll end up maining either
--------------------------
Olimar
Metaknight
Pokemon Trainer
Sonic
DeDeDe
Ike
Pit
---------------------------
Depending on which ones play style I like most :/

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
Half of the people who've "decided" to main Olimar today, will move onto maining the next newcomer revealed. Olimar has always been my most wanted character. And now that he's finally here, looking completely complicated and bad-***, there's no way I'm turning back.

Ridley? Megaman? Minda & Wolf Link? Bah-- Olimar all the way.
Link being a close secondary ;o
well the did make the kick arse thread and so true the next newcomer they will be like OMG! main main main!

Olimar looks pretty awesome. i have wanted him in but he just doesn't appeal to me as a possible main. I will main Yoshi. the only ground i have on that is because i love the character and i loved him in Melee. As for new characters, PT looks very interesting (because i love the classic games) but until in play all the character i don't know who i will main. Maybe i will not main yoshi..... Nah just kidding. ^_^ but that is my 2 cents.

i agree with egruntz, the next character people will be like OMG he is be my main. then when the game comes out.... they will play sonic

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
well the did make the kick arse thread and so true the next newcomer they will be like OMG! main main main!

Olimar looks pretty awesome. i have wanted him in but he just doesn't appeal to me as a possible main. I will main Yoshi. the only ground i have on that is because i love the character and i loved him in Melee. As for new characters, PT looks very interesting (because i love the classic games) but until in play all the character i don't know who i will main. Maybe i will not main yoshi..... Nah just kidding. ^_^ but that is my 2 cents.

i agree with egruntz, the next character people will be like OMG he is be my main. then when the game comes out.... they will play sonic
Yoshi? All my friends down on Yoshi for many reasons. :laugh:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
they are so many people have said they are going to main him after one update?
Gerodu, I dont care if he's the Mewtwo of Brawl, I will 1st main him until the next smash game. Olimar in Brawl was my one real wish, and now that its been granted, I feel that I need to main him, plus, hes original, another plus, hes got AI, so that adds to his awesome.

Also:

"sung to the tune of Captain Planet"

"Red, Blue, Yellow, Purple, White!, By these Pikmin combined, I am Captain Olimar!"

Just thought i'd throw that in there, yesterday I found it actually doesnt sound bad haha.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Even if he is the Mewtwo of Brawl. People can still get good with him, with effort. Look at the Shadowclaw video.
Oh I know, I watched that video, that was amazing. I'm simply saying I will main him even if he's as lousy as Mewtwo GENERALLY was in Melee.

Im quite sure pros (and myself if I work hard enough) will be able to use him in an amazing way.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Some think he may be at a disadvantage for needing Pikmin to attack, but I see that him having more than 1 to use is a huge advantage. If one is defeated, just simply pluck another one from the ground.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Some think he may be at a disadvantage for needing Pikmin to attack, but I see that him having more than 1 to use is a huge advantage. If one is defeated, just simply pluck another one from the ground.
Yeah, so he may be at an advantage other than a disadvantage.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
Gerodu, I dont care if he's the Mewtwo of Brawl, I will 1st main him until the next smash game. Olimar in Brawl was my one real wish, and now that its been granted, I feel that I need to main him, plus, hes original, another plus, hes got AI, so that adds to his awesome.
i am not referring to you, i am referring to the people who have never played Pikmin. Or, couldn't give a rats arse before and now they are like ZMOG MAIN!!. I predict half the pikmen will main him.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
i am not referring to you, i am referring to the people who have never played Pikmin. Or, couldn't give a rats arse before and now they are like ZMOG MAIN!!. I predict half the pikmen will main him.
Ah ok, yeah, I see your point. I look forward to trouncing those who jump on the bandwagon and dont stick to their word with Olimar.

Sonic will fear the Pikmin....

Top Bottom