• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Mainers?

Nok2

Smash Cadet
Wow Captain Olimar i've never heard of him until now but I think he'll be an interesting character to use.
Can't wait to see his move set. But my main will Probably be Zelda/Sheik & Meta Knight

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im def not maining olimar as iv never even played pikmin once. however he does look like a cool character. id like to play him every now and then, but my main as of now is sonic, and the only person to overtake that is knuckles

Nok2

Smash Cadet
I figured there would be Pikman as a character but never expected this. I can already see his final smash being something like a Pikmin Rush where tons of Pikmin swarm the stage. anyone agree

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I'll try him

Makes you wonder how many pikmin he can have a time, before the game freezes...

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Out of the confirmed characters, Olimar has the highest chance of being my main. Of course, that could change between now and Jan. 24.

Ca$hoholic

Smash Journeyman
The Cold north! even though it is pretty hot...
Wow Captain Olimar i've never heard of him until now but I think he'll be an interesting character to use.
Can't wait to see his move set. But my main will Probably be Zelda/Sheik & Meta Knight
OMG not even the trophy in melee or anything else? :O

I figured there would be Pikman as a character but never expected this. I can already see his final smash being something like a Pikmin Rush where tons of Pikmin swarm the stage. anyone agree
My guess of FS is the spicy spray which gives the pikmins a great amount of strength and speed!

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Not only will I main Olimar if he isn't terrible, I will use my newfound prowess with the captain to badger my own garden into doing its bidding for me in real life.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
At the moment, I can't even imagine how different it's going to be to use Olimar...

His style would be really unique...

I'll have to wait until a special moves update or something

Goat12000

Smash Cadet
I might main him but first i wanna see how he performs without his pikmin.
also i wanna see how much the pikmin and withstand before dying, also anyone notice the red pikmin getting hurt by fire.

Zevox

Smash Lord
I'm probably not going to main him (Sonic, Pit, and Diddy are competing for that spot, and Marth presuming he returns), but I'll certainly play as him. I liked the Pikmin games, and Olimar looks like he'll be fun to play as.

Zevox

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Good Luck training, i would love to play you, Captain O's Vs Diddy Kong. haha best of luck to being the pro olimar!
I hereby challenge both of you, two Olimar's versus King Dedede. :p For myself I'm just amazed by this crazy character, if he's a lot of fun I'll use him sometimes but Dedede is what I've been waiting for.

Cheezball

Smash Ace
I am going to main Olimar, Bowser, and Pit. I am probably going to use Pit and Bowser at first, but when I unlock Olimar, I am going to main him. I also will use Pit and Yoshi when I get Olimar, but not as much as I will for Olimar.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Considering how many people love Olimar, and are maining him, it would have seen a disspointment if he did not make it in the game. but yes, great addition, i will make Olimar my third main

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Olimar would probably be my second or third main, if Ness doesn't come back.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Well, idk. Olimar will be fun to play as, but I may not main him. Maybe third, but iw will take major nerfing of DK or Mewtwo for him to make it on my list.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I am totally maining Olimar. He is imo the best character revealed on the dojo, and Nok2, if you havent played Pikmin, and love strategy games, pick Pikmin up, its awesome, and was really well done.

Olimar ftw! and does anyone know where I can get an "Olimar mainer" sig to replace my Olimar support sig since hes been confirmed?

@Cheezball, I dont think you'll have to worry about unlocking him, i think he's a starter, it sounds wierd but it made sense to me. The only ones we know are hidden on the dojo are Sonic and Snake, and Sakuri normally doesnt reveal hiddens, and being that the two we know are hidden are both third party, I think all the rest are starters. Yay! I can pick up Olimar first!

:007: Squirtle approves!

Patriot$

Smash Rookie
deff. going to main him, all the way... i loved Pikmin a lot, and he seems to be a complex character and not so cut and dry, and he doesnt seem like he shall be overused

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Olimar is my brothers type of character, so he's going to main him and ill main someone else actually. i was thinking of maining him, but my brother likes his style a lot. so yeah im sticking to Diddy and Dedede

Ridley22

Smash Ace
He is probably going to be one of my secondaries. Yes multiple secondaries.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
I mained Ice Climbers in Melee because I liked their uniqueness. Olimar, depending how he plays, will likely be the same. As will Pokemon Trainer. And Sonic. So four mains, I guess.

Impossibilities

Smash Apprentice
lol threads like these seem kinda silly because there's a whole nother REALM of characters we don't even know about...Sakurai said he'd only list the starters...that's only half of the total characters...this game WILL BE MASSIVE, and you don't really know who you like the best...20 starter characters that's almost as much as all of the melee starters and unlockables...crazy! I've loved pikmin a lot...some of my more hard core gaming friends think it's a little gay for olimar to be in a fighting game, but I just say screw 'em...if this dude has nice mechanics and playability (nintendo I believe in you.) then this will definatly be a fun one to try out...is it feb. 10th yet?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I really hope to main him along with PT and Diddy,
Exact same ones I plan to main. woot.

@Impossibilities, I think I can say Ill main him, I dont care if any of the three I want to main suck, or are the best, especially Olimar.

I am definitely making Olimar my first main, no matter what, because Pikmin was an awesome game (both of them) and he was my most wanted Smasher.

Top Bottom