• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar-mainers, who's your runner-up?

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
According to my friend, your are "allowed" to have a second main in addition to your first choice.... so if your first is Olimar, who else is a good pick?

Seems like some one with an opposite play style of Olimar would be good, so you can stay varied, or something...
:p

Ween

Smash Cadet
I've played and enjoyed playing with Olimar and Zamus the most, so my second main is Zamus for now, because I like the way she plays

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Haha..."allowed". Tell your friend he's a card.

Lesse...my runner up would probably have to be Samus just because she's a really awesome character. I played her in Melee for two reasons: most fun to play and most liked series.

So yeah, in Brawl my runner up will probably be either Samus, PT (as a fun character because Bulbasaur was one of my most wanteds), or Diddy.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
I don't have the game yet so I can't say for sure if I have a main, but it's most likely Olimar. The others - in descending order - are Lucario (who's competition for Olimar's spot), P.Trainer, R.O.B, Metaknight and Ganondorf. And maybe Pit. I won't know until I get the game so.. yeah. I think it would be unwise to pick a main when I don't have the game to play yet.

IllidR

Smash Champion
My secondary is most likely going to be King Dedede, he looks like hella fun to play as and I also love him and his adorable penguin face to death.

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
i'm not gonna pick my secondary until i get the game put the characters im looking at are pikachu, ike, PT, zamus, pit or toon link

Hammydude

Smash Rookie
Ill probably try metanight, mostly because of the gliding and the bad *** cape.

slowslow325

Smash Rookie
Order from my main to my never-will-play-he's-just-on-this-list-because-he-looks-cool.

Jigglypuff, Olimar, Metaknight, Pit, King Dedede, Diddy

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I use either Dedede, Ness, Fox, Donkey Kong, Toon Link, Meta Knight, or Marth when I'm not playing as Olimar.

Keep in mind I have had the game for a while so I have a lot of characters I have grown to like.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I was a Mario main back in the SSB64 days and my Melee main was Doc, so I'll probably be playing Mario in Brawl quite a bit. I've been using DK quite a lot the last few months, but I still suck with him.

Vive la Olimar!

VagrantGhost

Smash Rookie
If not Olimar, I'm thinking of Lucas, Toon Link, or meta knight. Of course, I haven't actually played the game yet so this is all conjecture. I have a feeling I'll stick with Olimar though - I'm a huge Pikmin fan.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Pit if we're talking new to brawl...if not, then Captain Falcon

Fautor Animus

Smash Cadet
Olimar is my main, and my secondaries right now are the Mario bros. and Lucario. But, more likely than not, i'm not going to need them that badly. My Olimar is quite good for only recently having got the game.

Mr. Pants

Smash Apprentice
olimar rules. kirby is my backup for now and i'm trying to get dedede in there too

Wazzle

Smash Rookie
NNID
wazzle
I'd have to say snake has replaced olimar as my favorite for now, but only because he is easier to use than olimar. Olimar and wario are my alternates.

Yakt-NJ

Smash Cadet
Olimar first obviously...

The remastered Pikachu is my only sure bet for a second at this point, but I'm intrigued by Wolf, Diddy, and Toon Link.. We'll see what happens.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wolf or Toon Link are my current choices for second main.

Nosferatu

Smash Rookie
Well
I used Samus in Melee
and i was really good with her
but
she got so ridiculously nerfed in brawl
i find her practically unusable now
so
my 2nd would have to be Ike
i picked him up expecting to hate him
and ended up loving him
i think because his moves are so sluggish that you have to get the timing just right
and thats how i was with Samus
so
in a way, hes carrying on my Samus legacy
only, without the double super missles flying out at once xP

Mercury

Smash Apprentice
Dedede as a power character, MK as a speed character, Ice Climbers as another unorthodox character. haven't really looked at IC until lately, i've seen videos where it looks like two people are playing the character at once so my hopes are up (as that's what i was hoping to do more often in Melee when i used them).

Top Bottom