• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old School NES Characters

Vanilla

Smash Apprentice
I thought it was cool how Ice Climbers were brought into 3D for the first time with SSB:M. I'm thinking it would be cool if we could see some other old school NES characters come back to the forefront a little bit more.

Here are three I think would be awesome:
  • Mach Rider
  • Lil' Mac
  • R.O.B. (he was in the new Mario Kart for DS, so this may be realistic)

What are your thoughts?

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
Little Mac (NES version, not the silly ******** looking SNES one) would be a great addition).

After seeing the Mach Rider trophy, I think he would be a nice addition too, but I have no idea how he would fight.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
The_TooCool_Master said:
Little Mac (NES version, not the silly ******** looking SNES one) would be a great addition).

After seeing the Mach Rider trophy, I think he would be a nice addition too, but I have no idea how he would fight.
he could be a falcon clone. *shrug* but that's lazy thinking on my part. never played mach rider.

Thomas (Kung-Fu)
Balloon Fighter (Balloon Fight)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!!)

um, i think that's it. =)

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
Those are good. Here are a few more.

Mr Stevenson (Gumshoe)
Alice (Baloon Kid)
Imajin (Doki Doki Panic)
Lina (Doki Doki Panic)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
Sky skipper (Sky Skipper)
Tamagon (Devil World)
Mike Jones (Star Tropics)

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
If they insert little mac into the game, he should use some of the moves that his enemies did in Punch-out. It would definitely help to fill the emptyness left after giving him his one, two, punch and rapid punch combo.

Honestly, If they have Little Mac, they should have Hoi Carlo from Super Punchout as well. [theold Asian man with a staff]

Humpski

Smash Rookie
Just have a browse through te trophies and see who could fit as a character.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Balloon Fighter is the one I want.

I like punchout, machrider, and all the old classics, but Balloon Fighter would just Pawn in this game. If I had to choose another classic person, It would probably be Little Mac.

Also does anyone know the name of the Main Charater from the game "Urban Champion" on the old NES?

EDIT:

Changed a spelling mistake.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
DraKmoN001 said:
Duck (Duck Hunt)
;)
I think it would be kinda cool if they put the Dog from Duck Hunt in the game:

Dog:
Up + B - Flight of the Ducks - He holds two ducks by the neck to lift himself until the ducks manage to get free of his grip. Anyone too close will get hit with their wings.
Down + B - Tackle - Dog jumps in the direction he is facing. Anyone he hits gets knocked over.
Smash B - DUCK! - Dog releases a duck that flies across the screen and hits anyone in its path.
B - Disc Attack - Remember the disc shooter in the game? Dog would fire these bad boys at people.
A attacks - Simple biting and scratching attacks
Taunt - Take one guess...

Now THIS would be a fun moveset. :chuckle:

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
haha, the dog from duck hunt?

i think there is a better chance of seeing one of the nameless guys from the world track meet

EDIT: **** my horrible, horrible spelling... i should have stayed in school... lol

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Little Mac
Mach Rider
The duck hunt dog would actually be kinda cool, lol

Joe & Mac

Master Higgins (Adventure Island)

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Probably not, just some old school characters I would like to see. I really don't remember if they are Nintendo property or not.

The_TooCool_Master

Smash Apprentice
One awesome old school character would be the Exciter Bike biker! He'd always be on his bike. His strike moves would be tricks with bike or punches and kicks from his sitting position.

His B moves?

B-u : Jumping wheelie
B-f : Dash wheelie, fall down if doesn't touch anybody
B-d : Holding B after B-D would do like DK's attack. He's make donuts with his motorcycle hurting everyone.
B : Charged Up dash(including smoke and burns on level).

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
I've always wanted Little Mac in the next smash. Good Call on the Adventure Island Kid! I forgot about him! I also think Little Nemo would make an insanely awesome smash character, but I was told by a moderator a while back that nintendo doesn't own him because it was a movie first or some crap. But anyway, besides the obvious one's, here's who I want to see:

-Little Mac
-Skull Kid
-Little Nemo
-Adventure Island Kid (Master Higgins is his name someone said?)
-The Marble from "Marble Madness" (Plain old ball thing doin' sweet sh*t?)
-Paper Boy
-King Dedede
-Ridley
-Snow Bros.?

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Impp said:
If they put in Little Mac, could they then put in Mike Tyson?
Even if they could.... why would they want to? Little Mac would be sweet, but Mike Tyson, lol, even if he is in the game that's a bit too far IMO. If they're going with real people I'd rather have Shiggy anyway :p

burrito

Smash Lord
If little Mac isn't in this game I will be dissapointed. He would definitely have some awesome moves.

I am also hoping for a new punchout game for the Wii.

primusfan

Smash Ace
Impp said:
If they put in Little Mac, could they then put in Mike Tyson?
If they did that, Mike Tyson would bite of Miyamoto's ear. It would be cool to see Little Mac in they game. Or maybe one of the other characters from Punch-Out.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
MeleeMan said:
Probably not, just some old school characters I would like to see. I really don't remember if they are Nintendo property or not.

Master Higgins from Adventure Island is owned by Hudson.

he can be found in that *other* fighter, the smash clone, along with Optimus Prime. ;)

Dream TV Mega Mix or something like that. there was a quick thread about that here a few days ago.

snake was also in that game, along with Simon Belmont.

FalcoLombardi

Smash Rookie
ya i think that mach rider would be cool to bring in. i think they should put donkey kong jr. too. thats just my thought though.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
FalcoLombardi said:
ya i think that mach rider would be cool to bring in. i think they should put donkey kong jr. too. thats just my thought though.

i am also pro- DK Jr. :) i think we're the only ones. ;)

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I'm all for Mach Rider making the cut - though not as a C. Falcon clone.
Think Mad Max - which the idea behind Mach Rider is based atleast part on. A bad@$$ brawler from a post-appocalytic future. What more can you ask for?

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
xianfeng said:
Dk jr. would br a DK clone he can't do anything else he useless

i'd be fine with him as a lighter, faster, weaker DK clone. i don't use DK, but i'd use DK Jr.

Top Bottom