• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old School NES Characters

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I don't understand why so many people want Balloon Fighter. Misplaced nostolgia? My point is there are many classic characters that are better suited to SSB, such as Little Mac, Mike Jones, Mach Rider, and Takamaru (from Nazo no Murasame). Even Bubbles from Clu Clu land has a better shot (actually, I'd really like to see Bubbles)
Putting Balloon Fighter makes about as much sense as including the dog from Duck Hunt (as playable).

FalcoLombardi

Smash Rookie
kilroy said:
i'd be fine with him as a lighter, faster, weaker DK clone. i don't use DK, but i'd use DK Jr.
thats what im saying, he'd be faster and more agile. I don't use DK either but if they put DK jr., I would use him for sure.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
mastr0fmyd0main3 said:
I've always wanted Little Mac in the next smash. Good Call on the Adventure Island Kid! I forgot about him! I also think Little Nemo would make an insanely awesome smash character, but I was told by a moderator a while back that nintendo doesn't own him because it was a movie first or some crap. But anyway, besides the obvious one's, here's who I want to see:

-Little Mac
-Skull Kid
-Little Nemo
-Adventure Island Kid (Master Higgins is his name someone said?)
-The Marble from "Marble Madness" (Plain old ball thing doin' sweet sh*t?)
-Paper Boy
-King Dedede
-Ridley
-Snow Bros.?
FINALLY! Someone mentioned Paper freaking Boy. Lots of people are talking about Lil' Mac... there's a thread about him - support his cause and post in there as well.

You guys have really good mentions in here, but let's keep it to (somewhat famous) NES characters, yes?

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
I read somewhere that Balloon fighters was supposed to be in SSBM...either them or Ice Climbers and they went w/- well obviously...of course idk if it was true and I can't remember where I read it...curse the vast deepness of the Internet...and Google...

OK new old school ones not mentioned at the time I start typing this:
Stanley the Bugman (DK 3)
Guy from Freedom Force (though created by Sunsoft and most likely not in it because he's an anti-terrorist fighter)
Mighty Bomb Jack (really old game from '87, but Nintendo doesn't own the character since it was also on the Atari and Commodore 64)
Spike (from Wrecking Crew - why not? Shocker character)
Guy from Card Hero (doubtful but still old)

OK I've tapped out my ideas from this vast Internet...

And sorry but a disagreement because Paper Boy IS NOT Nintendo...it's Atari...

entity

Smash Apprentice
My pick would be Captain James T Kirk from the old NES star trek games.

Phaser FTW.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
What about Alex and Ryan from River City Ransom?

I also fully support putting a cany throwing child (Nemo) in the game
Another fun fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Nemo

Little Nemo is from a weekly comic strip originally, created almost 100 years before the video game came out. I think it's safe to assume that Little Nemo is out as far as Brawl is concerned.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I made a "small" list

Ballon Fighter
Bee 52 (lol jk, would make a funny joke character)
Billy and Jimmy Lee (double dragon)
Bomberman
Boy and his blob
Bubbles (clu clu land)
Castelvania characters
Chef (burger time)
Donkey Kong Jr.
Exicte bike
Final Fantasy characters
Gimmick
King author (ghost & goblins)
koopalings (Super mario bros. 3)
Laughing Dog
Lemmings
Lolo & Lala
Paper boy
Megaman
Tamagon (devil world)
Stanley (DK3)

Bubblun & Bobblun Tag team FTW

Sailus

Smash Cadet
Characters from NES games?

Lil' Mac - Mike Tyson's Punchout
Crystalis Hero - ...Crystalis
Red Mage - Final Fantasy I

And they must make Dark Link (Zelda II) a skin for Link. Replace the black tunic =P

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
I want to see the dragons (either solo or team) from bubble bobble, that was my favorite game back then

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I want to see the dragons (either solo or team) from bubble bobble, that was my favorite game back then
Bubblun & Bobblun or Bub & Bob, They are awesome I think that they would be better off making them a dou character though.

Top Bottom