• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chappified

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm Chappified. I've been playing smash since melee and have recently wanted to get into the site where all the competitive players reside, since with Halo being taken off the MLG Pro Circuit, I don't have a professional game to watch anymore, plus smash is way too much fun. I mainly play Brawl at this point as it's the only smash game I have (lost my melee disc and emulating smash sounds dumb) and I main Mario in that game.

ofmars

Smash Rookie
I am a smash player who loves melee most of my life and cant wait for smash4.
#RoM7 hype + Prog constantly saying join smashboards got me to make an account.

Deafy

Aspiring Deaf Semi-Pro Smasher
Hey everyone!

Long time smasher here who unfortunately never got into the community much. Until now that is! Any of you who play League may recognize me from YouTube/Twitch as that's what I spend a lot of my time doing, making League videos occasionally straying into other areas of the gaming industry.

Anyway! I'm glad to have been getting back into smash (specifically melee and project m) in the past couple of months, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all in the near future!
Welcome back to the Smash community!

ChrisCK

Smash Rookie
Hello, nice to meet you all!
I'm Chris, 22 years old and from Canada. I've been living in Japan (Tokyo) for about 3 years now.
I used to play SSBM when I was younger, and recently have got back into games. I would be interested in meeting/playing anyone in the Tokyo area in the future ^^.

FDRhadcrazymoves

Smash Rookie
Hey all. My name is Chris or FDRhadcrazymoves. I used to play Melee a lot and was pretty good locally. I have zero idea how to pull off any tricks like wavedashing and stuff, so I quit and played UFS competitively for a bit the game went under like twice so I gave up and tried my hand at LoL and I'm only mediocre. I recently saw that Melee has a competitive scene still and wanted to get back into it and try and finally learn the tricks. I hardly ever lose to normal players, so now I want to get better and compete. Currently I just speedrun games and have not played anything competitive in years, you know with speedrunning you're just competing with yourself, so this will be kind of new to me. I live in GA and would love to find a crew of sorts to help get me back into the game. So let me know if you are a local GA player, and want someone new to beat on and possibly help train. Can't wait to dive into a new community and I hope to get back into this game :D

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hello, smashboards! I've been a Smash fan for a few years, and I'm hooked. Gonna get Proj M up and running this weekend finally as well. I'm an avid Nintendo gamer, although I do not own many systems, mainly because my parents are big supporters of video games. But, I love them nonetheless, especially retro games. (Also, my signature has an awesome petition!)
Welcome to SWF, patar4097! P:M is great and I am glad that it is drawing in a lot of new members. That is pretty cool that your parents are are avid supporters of video games. I knew a guy back in Elementary School whose mother threw out my gameboy when brought it over. My parents was furious but she refused to pay for it :/ She thought video games were the devil. My parents were pretty cool about it and my mother is still a huge fan of Dr. Mario.

hello everyone! you can call me doc, i just joined because a friend referred me to this site.
i've been playing smash bros since the first game came out and started playing competitively shortly after brawl came out. then i started playing project m when 3.0 came out and never went back. i still have a lot to learn when it comes to advanced techniques and i guess it's pretty obvious who my main is.

also i get nervous easily please don't eat me alive
Welcome to SWF, Doc! Feel free to check out the P:M boards for any tips concerning advanced techs and match ups! I am glad that you were referred here and don't be afraid to ask questions!

Hi Doc! Welcome to the SmashBoards community we're lucky to have you here! We won't eat you alive! We're generally nice people :D
...........I'm hungry..............

Hello everyone, LastArc here. Long time lurker of smashboards and finally have decided to sign up. I'm from Philadelphia, PA and have been watching the smash competitive scene since around 2006. I play Project M mostly and I main Roy. Nice to meet you all ;)
Welcome to SWF, LastArc! I suggest checking out the P:M boards as well as the Regional Zones forum concerning any tournaments around Philly. I know there are some there. As well, it wouldn't hurt to check out the P:M Roy character sub-forums as well.

Hey guys, it's been a while since I have posted on here, but hello everyone... :)
Welcome to SWF, Mega Man X 2001! I am glad to see another Mega Man fan! Feel free to check out the Mega Man character Sub-forum in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS! (Man it feels good to say that finally!)

Hello!
Hello!
I was a lurker around here for almost years, sometimes often, some not.
Then I decided to create an account, but only today I had time and effort to confirm my e-mail, so I can finally post.
I'm an languages student, but pretty poorly developed yet. I apologize for my lack of knowledge in English, but I promise I'll make the best I can to write correctly here. And please, if I'm wrong, correct me. I thank you.
Well, that's it for now and I hope for great discussions here.
Welcome to SWF, LoneR.O.B. This is a great place to practice your English so don't be afraid to ask for help! It is great to have you here and I look forward to reading your posts!

evening nerds. i'm silent disco and I've been a huge fan of Smash Bros. for a solid decade now, always playing (and getting my *** whooped) with friends and eagerly awaiting Smash 4/whatever you wanna call it.

I look forward to poking and prodding at you gentlemen and playfully insulting you whenever possible. Cheers.
Welcome to SWF, silent disco. I am in the same boat - I have been a long term fan but mostly anyone and everyone can probably beat me. Still, I love the series. If you are interested in discussing Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS, feel free to check out those forums!

Hi I'm an underacheiver
Welcome to SWF, MrTea. Nothing is bad with being an underachiever! I hope you enjoy the forums!

hi im a super nerd fite me irl
nice to meet you all, i like league of legends + anime + other stuff
Welcome to SWF, brightowl. League of Legends is a game I would like to get into but sadly I don't have the time. I know we have an active LoL thread in the Lighthouse.

Hey everyone!

Long time smasher here who unfortunately never got into the community much. Until now that is! Any of you who play League may recognize me from YouTube/Twitch as that's what I spend a lot of my time doing, making League videos occasionally straying into other areas of the gaming industry.

Anyway! I'm glad to have been getting back into smash (specifically melee and project m) in the past couple of months, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all in the near future!
Welcome to SWF, Gbay99! As I said before, we do have an active LoL community here in the Lighthouse. It is good to have someone who participates on Youtube and Twitch here. It's also great to see fans getting back into Super Smash Bros!.

Hello~ I registered here ages ago but never really posted until now. I'm not a competitive Smash player but I enjoy beating the tar out of three King Dededes as Luigi. My favorite series is Mario (my favorites are the RPGs) and I want Paper Mario, Fawful and/or Dimentio in Smash 4. Can't wait to post in the community!
Welcome to SWF, Super Fawful! I t is great to see you come back to SWF! Feel free to check out the Brawl/P:M boards for advice and hints on maining Luigi! We also have threads dedicated to the Super Mario Bros. franchise. Lastly, in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS boards, we have support threads for Paper Marip, Fawful, and I believe Dimentio. Paper Mario has quite the following there!

Hello! I'm Sara and I'm a Marth main from the UK. I believe that I have the potential to to do great in the Smash community.

It's a pleasure to meet you guys! ^__^
Welcome to SWF, Matsuokai! If you need any help with maining Marth, feel free to check out the Melee, Brawl, or P:M boards....whichever you prefer. Math has a sub-forum for each game.

Hello everyone!

My Profile/Smash name is Spice. I am a student at WSU in Eastern WA, and I've been playing Smash since the N64 version first came out. I played Melee continuously since it came out, and continued to do so after Brawl came out, since I really did not care for Brawl (I find it it to be relatively boring and spammy).

About two months ago I first started trying to learn advanced techniques, and have somewhat mastered wavedashing and L-cancelling at this point, though I am having trouble finding where to incorporate wavedashing in combat. Most of this will probably come with a lot more practice and research. I also recently got introduced to Project M and absolutely love it (it's even caused me to start playing Melee a lot less).

I am trying to learn as much as possible and plan to start attending tournaments in the near future. I am always looking to improve, so help and advice is always welcome, both in terms of research and technique.

Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Spice

EDIT: If anyone has any advice on where to begin searching for certain things on this site it would be greatly appreciated. Currently I'm looking for specific advice and ideas for improving my Melee and P:M game in terms of techniques I should be focusing on and training tips. Thanks again!
Welcome to SWF, Spice! It is good to see some Smash64 fans here! I started my Smash journey on the N64 as well. For advice concerning advance techniques and staregies, head over to the competitive forums. Many of the best competitive players post there. I suggest heading over the the Melee and P:M forums concerning advanced play. You can also do a Search by clicking the magnifying lens int he top right hand corner above your profile picture. You can search for thread titles or keywords.

Well hello there! My name is Nick. :3
I registered today and I've posted once. I'm a very competitive Smasher, but I'm now more interested in Hacking it, and THEN playing it with friends.
My Mains are Marth,Link, Lucario and Project M roy
My favorite series would be Sonic The Hedgehog(due to me growing up with him), but as a less embarrassing favorite to have would be The Legend Of Zelda and i would like Ghirahim for Smash 4. Thanks for reading! Cant wait to be active on the boards!
Welcome to SWF, FenrirFlame! For playing the game competitively, I suggest going to the competitive forums/threads for either Melee, Brawl, or P:M. We also have an active hacking community so if you are interested in that, I suggest heading to the Brawl Workshop. We do have a Ghirahim support thread in the Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS Character Discussion forum so please show your support of the character there!

Hi I'm Chappified. I've been playing smash since melee and have recently wanted to get into the site where all the competitive players reside, since with Halo being taken off the MLG Pro Circuit, I don't have a professional game to watch anymore, plus smash is way too much fun. I mainly play Brawl at this point as it's the only smash game I have (lost my melee disc and emulating smash sounds dumb) and I main Mario in that game.
Welcome to SWF, Chappified! It is great to see so many people involved in the competitive scene. While Brawl's competitive scene is somewhat lacking, there are some semi-active posters here. I suggest looking into getting Project M if you have yet to get that.

I'm 2Fab. Smash is fun. That is all.
Welcome to SWF, 2Fab. Short and sweet; just how I like it. Smash is a lot of fun. So is Smashboards.

I am a smash player who loves melee most of my life and cant wait for smash4.
#RoM7 hype + Prog constantly saying join smashboards got me to make an account.
Welcome to SWF, ofmars! I suggest checking out the melee forums for advice and tips on Melee advanced techs and such. As well, head over to the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS to get all the hype your body can stand. It's pretty crazy over there.

Hello, nice to meet you all!
I'm Chris, 22 years old and from Canada. I've been living in Japan (Tokyo) for about 3 years now.
I used to play SSBM when I was younger, and recently have got back into games. I would be interested in meeting/playing anyone in the Tokyo area in the future ^^.
Welcome to SWF, ChrisCK! That's cool you are living in Tokyo! What are you doing there? I have been living south in Kumamoto for the past 4 years. I don't know much about the Japan tournament scene but I know of some Japanese Smash Bros. websites if you want to check them out. I am glad you got back into the games!

Hey all. My name is Chris or FDRhadcrazymoves. I used to play Melee a lot and was pretty good locally. I have zero idea how to pull off any tricks like wavedashing and stuff, so I quit and played UFS competitively for a bit the game went under like twice so I gave up and tried my hand at LoL and I'm only mediocre. I recently saw that Melee has a competitive scene still and wanted to get back into it and try and finally learn the tricks. I hardly ever lose to normal players, so now I want to get better and compete. Currently I just speedrun games and have not played anything competitive in years, you know with speedrunning you're just competing with yourself, so this will be kind of new to me. I live in GA and would love to find a crew of sorts to help get me back into the game. So let me know if you are a local GA player, and want someone new to beat on and possibly help train. Can't wait to dive into a new community and I hope to get back into this game :D
Welcome to SWF, FDRhadcrazymoves! That is a pretty interesting username. Feel free to check out the Melee boards concerning playing competitively and advanced techniques. Many of the best Melee players occasionally post in that forum. As for finding players or tournaments in Georgia, I suggest heading over to the Regional Zones where you can find your area of the US and find local players as well as tournaments or even host your own.

Welcome to SWF, everyone! Feel free to ask Old Man Grey, myself, or any other member questions regarding SWF and Super Smash Bros. If you have a question/inquiry regarding forum policy, contact a moderator, super moderator, senator, or admin. We have these fancy banners under our user names so it's easy to distinguish. We don't bite (except for me...well I more stab than bite). Remember to follow the rules and, when it doubt, check the terms and uses section. All the best and happy posting!

EDIT: I think I welcomed everyone but my browser went on the fritz. If I forgot anyone, simply tag me by doing this
@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

and say "HEY YOU JERK! YOU FORGOT ME!" or something around those lines.

Last edited:

ChrisCK

Smash Rookie
Thank you for the welcome! I'm majoring in economics at a Japanese university, and otherwise I do business and translation/interpretation type of work. How is Kumamoto, and what do you do there? ^^. I've been to Fukuoka once and had a great time, I wish I could have visited other parts of Kyuushuu. I would be glad to check out some Japanese Smash Bros. websites, thank you!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thank you for the welcome! I'm majoring in economics at a Japanese university, and otherwise I do business and translation/interpretation type of work. How is Kumamoto, and what do you do there? ^^. I've been to Fukuoka once and had a great time, I wish I could have visited other parts of Kyuushuu. I would be glad to check out some Japanese Smash Bros. websites, thank you!
I teach English here with JET. After my 5th year, I plan to find other forms of employment. Fukuoka is a great place. Our little big city lol. Kumamoto is pretty good though. I live in a smaller-sized city which has a lot of nature. I like Tokyo but I would never want to live there. Too crowded and expensive for my tastes.

DiZ0

Smash Rookie
Indianapolis. Occasionally the MD/DC/VA area
What's up Smashboards, brand new member here. I grew up a Sony kid who only played SSB at friends', lately have been playing a lot of P:M at college and am looking to get started in the tournament scene. I've been looking at this site periodically for guides and such, figured I should go ahead and make a profile. Main with Samus and Snake, getting my Falco game up there, like to mess around with Squirtle and Captain Falcon.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Hi everybody im bui my real username was
sw96
I have no friends and im dead inside so I decided want to change that I want to be free. :)

Hot_Bid

Smash Rookie
Hello Smash Boards!

I remember buying SSBM and all the guys on my floor in college playing constantly in our room. We racked up 100,000 kills on a memory card in less than a year.

I remember in 2005 playing my roommate at NYU, every day, in a SSBM 1-stock random vs random best-of-5, loser has to go across the street to buy two sandwiches for lunch. Those sandwiches after a close win were the best I'd ever had. Victory tastes better than any topping.

I remember winning the local college tournament (100 people!) where people rarely l-canceled and someone asking me if I was good at this game, and I remember replying, "I'm good enough to realize that I'm terrible."

I remember I stopped playing smash after college, and I've never been to a REAL tournament. Years passed, and I forgot about this game.

I remember watching EVO and then the Smash documentary, and the nostalgia hit me like a knee to the face. I'm an sports fan, real and electronic. I watch the NBA and the NFL, but I also watch StarCraft and Dota 2 with equal enthusiasm. And now, I watch Smash too.

See you all at Anaheim.

http://i.imgur.com/DGLYblK.jpg
(plasma = no lag)

Last edited:

King of Mars

Smash Rookie
NNID
King_Of_Mars
3DS FC
4527-8910-2607
Hello, everyone! My name's JC and, like many of you here, I've been playing Smash Bros. for years. I've never played in any major tournaments--mostly daily matches with some of my students during lunch. After interacting with some of the Smash players at EVO last year, I decided to become a bit more active on the forums in order to meet and play with other Smash Bros. fans. I'm very much looking forward in getting to meet members of this great community.

Last edited:

King of Mars

Smash Rookie
NNID
King_Of_Mars
3DS FC
4527-8910-2607
Hello Smash Boards!

I remember buying SSBM and all the guys on my floor in college playing constantly in our room. We racked up 100,000 kills on a memory card in less than a year.

I remember in 2005 playing my roommate at NYU, every day, in a SSBM 1-stock random vs random best-of-5, loser has to go across the street to buy two sandwiches for lunch. Those sandwiches after a close win were the best I'd ever had. Victory tastes better than any topping.

I remember winning the local college tournament (100 people!) where people rarely l-canceled and someone asking me if I was good at this game, and I remember replying, "I'm good enough to realize that I'm terrible."

I remember I stopped playing smash after college, and I've never been to a REAL tournament. Years passed, and I forgot about this game.

I remember watching EVO and then the Smash documentary, and the nostalgia hit me like a knee to the face. I'm an sports fan, real and electronic. I watch the NBA and the NFL, but I also watch StarCraft and Dota 2 with equal enthusiasm. And now, I watch Smash too.

See you all at Anaheim.

(plasma = no lag)
Hello, neighbor! (Long Beach here!) EVO made me fall in love with Smash Bros. and its community all over again, so I know what you mean.
[

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Hi There Smasher!

My name's Rage, I'm new here and looking forward to meet, be a good friend,help and fight with all the smasher here and also looking forward and still waiting for the super smash bros 4.

Thank you Smash board staff for all this

Pokerhappy

Smash Cadet
Hi there, I'm Pokerhappy. I've been playing smash since 64, but I've recently gotten back into the game and into the more competitive aspects. I play Sheik/Doc in Melee and Diddy/Others in P:M, and I'm hoping to learn from Smashboards and get involved in the scene and such.

ChrisCK

Smash Rookie
I see, Kumamoto sounds nice! After the JET do you plan on staying in Kumamoto? I agree with you about Tokyo being crowded and expensive.. I live close to Shibuya station so I have to deal with the crowds every morning/evening. Fukuoka and Sendai are about the perfect size in my opinion.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I see, Kumamoto sounds nice! After the JET do you plan on staying in Kumamoto? I agree with you about Tokyo being crowded and expensive.. I live close to Shibuya station so I have to deal with the crowds every morning/evening. Fukuoka and Sendai are about the perfect size in my opinion.
Yeah, I'm married so we plan to stay around for a while. Not to be rude but I think we can take this discussion to Private Message :)

Last edited:

A_VD

Smash Rookie
The name is Arno or just AVD. I played Melee almost religiously when it came out and used to take it kinda serious. However, I never found out there was an ACTUAL competitive scene for this game until a year ago. Since then I've been playing a lot again and dragged a friend into this whole ordeal. Sadly, me and my friend haven't found anyone still playing this in Belgium. Maybe there is a huge scene that we just seem to miss, or maybe it has died out : (

Anyways, would love to become an active and good Melee player again.

Galamoz

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0748-2158-0278
Hello, my name is Galamoz.
I've been playing tons of Melee when it came out mostly playing Samus or Link.
Project M is around so I guess it's time I made an account!

Geth Drips

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm Geth Drips. I'm from northern AZ, first played Smash 64 as a young kid then played Melee off and on over the years, but never seriously. I started playing again when my brother picked up a Wii and a copy of Brawl around Christmas time. We played that for maybe a week before we switched to P:M, and we've never looked back! I main Marth and Zelda in that game, as well as a bit of Sheik, Ivysaur, Luigi and most recently, Ice Climbers. I dabble in Melee as well (found a copy at my local bookstore for $40 one day, couldn't pass it up!), where I main Sheik, Marth and Ice Climbers as well. Been lurking for a little while and figured it couldn't hurt to sign up, especially after watching all these tournaments this year (stoked to see Melee at EVO!).
As for my skills, I can do quite a few of the advanced techniques but i have a problem with consistency, and I've learned I have a lot of bad habits that I can hopefully get rid of with help from some seasoned smashers! I've never been to a tournament, or played anyone at a higher level besides my brother, so to find some other smashers around my area would be awesome.

Littleloki

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I pretty much just joined the Smashboards and I'm looking to make some friends :p. I've been playing smash forever, but I'm not the greatest. I really want to meet some people and learn! So message me and stuff. It'll be fun. :3

Metafiction

Smash Rookie
Hello there everyone. I'm just a college kid from West Tennessee who likes playing Brawl. That's really all that needs to be said here. Looking forward to getting up to some Smash-related shenanigans around here.

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Hello, I'm a computer science and math double major at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. I meet with a group of Smashers twice a week to play Project M. I main Zelda in Project M. Zelda was my main when I played Brawl, and she's my main whenever I play Brawl-. Needless to say, Zelda will be the first character I test in Smash 4. My first order of business is to become acquainted with members that can help me become a better Zelda player, but I look forward to meeting everyone. In the future, I hope to bring new life to the Project M Zelda subforum.

I grew up on Mario, Pokémon, and Sonic. I've only owned Nintendo systems, but I like Sony too. I haven't acquired any new Mario or Sonic games recently, but I did get back into Pokémon again. I currently own Pokémon Black, White 2, X, and Y.

I'd also like to mention that I'm a fan of the Alabama Crimson Tide football program. Roll Tide Roll!

Have a great week everyone. :)

Anuran

Smash Apprentice
Hello, just getting involved in the community, looking to main Marth. I also play pokemon (OU) and League of legends.
Also i'm a freshman biology major at GSU.

Last edited:

OhHeyDJ

Smash Rookie
NNID
OhHeyDJ
3DS FC
2707-1792-0685
Hey there! I guess I'm somewhat of a veteran here on the forums from back in the Melee days. I went by a different username back then. I love playing smash competitively but I haven't in about 2 years. I'm really looking forward to SSB4. Peach was my main in Melee and I played both Zelda and Fox in Brawl. I'm looking forward to reconnecting to the community I've loved for years.

Last edited:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Hello Smash Boards!

See you all at Anaheim.

(plasma = no lag)

An old room mate I lived with for 5 years would do the same thing. We usually played best of 3 games 4 stock whoever loses makes dinner.

Yumekuie

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yumekuie
Hey guys! I'm new to Smashboards, I've heard about it but never registered or took a look at it until now. I've played Smash since the N64 days, although Melee was my most memorable. I'm not that great at Smash though, I hope to get to competitive level someday and hope to play Smash with the rest of you guys!

Hit me up if you wanna talk~

Anuran

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! I'm new to Smashboards, I've heard about it but never registered or took a look at it until now. I've played Smash since the N64 days, although Melee was my most memorable. I'm not that great at Smash though, I hope to get to competitive level someday and hope to play Smash with the rest of you guys!

Hit me up if you wanna talk~
sounds like we are in the same boat tho I started with Melee

FigsFinity

Smash Rookie
Unless there's a more prominent user, i'm Figs. I come from the shadows of lurking; i've been watching this board for quite some time, but have been rather turned off joining by most of the posts that I see here. Normally making the effort to join seems like a pointless hassle, but my recent increasing interest in bettering myself as a Samus player in PM has lead me to do so. I did main a mean Game & Watch in Brawl, and I wasn't an avid or serious contender in my Melee days to claim a main. To be honest, I wasn't **** in either game until I picked up the sticks with G&W and then my perception of the game changed comepletely (I trained the **** out of my G&W shoebox of truth). Now i'm looking to develop my Samus game, having the excitement of learning her from the ground up. My usual training partner uses Dr. Mario, quite the challenge to play against since his game is far more developed and well rounded in this game; making for a difficult matchup, but an intense one as well.

A bit about myself:
I'm pretty big on psychology and comedy, studying the former and performing the latter. That being said, I absolutely enjoy watching others play as well as playing someone that's better than me, that **** gets me rock hard. Not much for competitive play, but this game does tempt me to enter some tournaments and learn a few things. I was constantly on forums years ago, but not so much now that i've reached two decades of living, that **** gets boring when you stop playing video games as much(smash being the exception). I'm pretty glad that i've found and adequate training partner for smash on campus, since we both transistioned into Project M at the same time (though he was beast at Melee, while I at Brawl) That's pretty much my life story for now. Hopefully you'll see me posting around the Samus boards asking questions that haven't been asked before and ideas worth spreading.

tl;dr
I play Samus in Project M. I laugh and learn easily. I also eat the butt.

Rigz

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone,

My name is Rigz, been off and on in fighting scenes for the last 6 years now. My main games forever were SC4, Dead or Alive 4, and Pretty much All Street Fighter games. I recently started playing Smash Bros, again on the 64 with a few friends and I was floored by how amazing it was so long after release. I started watching Smash tournaments on Youtube and found EVO 2013 game play footage. The Finals floored me (Mango vs Wobbles) and I knew that this is a game I need to start picking up.

As I already have a 2DS which I picked up to play a few games to pass time, I now anxiously await Smash and continuously check for updates everyday. My other hobbies include: Writing, Watching cartoons, and making music. Hope to be here for a while. Thanks for having me.

Poison

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm Poison. I'm an absolute noob when it comes to Smash, but I plan on changing that. I'm hoping to start going to locals in May or June, even though I know I will get destroyed. Whatever it takes to get better.

I'm a pretty competitive guy, and I know what it takes to get good at a game. Hopefully I can apply that to Smash and get good.

I'm 19 and live in London, ON, Canada, so if anyone else lives in the area and plays Melee, please hit me up so we can practice together!

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
Hey every body. I go by Kumatora on most things internet since I'm a huge Mother fan and that name's usually strange enough to not be used already. I'm a 22 year college student and have been playing Smash since it first came out while I was in the third grade. Makes me feel kind of old...
Anyways, I've been following the threads for a little while now and just now decided to make an account on the chance that I may want to actually partake in the conversation.

Demiurgic

Smash Rookie
NNID
Narkolept
Hey, friends. I've only really been playing since Brawl came out, though I've played Melee and 64, too. It feels like a fair bit longer than it is, at least to me. I've been into smash speculation for as long, too, though most of my ideas back then make me cringe now.

Also, I know I've seen GoldenYuiitusin on the old SSB Blitz forums and Ariand/AEM on the ssf2 expansion forums. I'd rather not say my name, because I didn't post a lot, and when I did it was verbal diarreah.

Hawki

Smash Cadet
Hey Smashers, I guess I've been an underground competitive smasher out in Sydney, Aus, mainly because I don't know where the scene is out here. Me and my brother host a smash night with 64, melee and P:M, just about once a week with 4 or 5 other friends. We are looking into hosting bigger scenes locally though to kick-start a scene in the North of Sydney so if anyone has some advice into how to go about doing this I'd love to hear it.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Hey everybody! I've been poking around for a little while now, so this is a little overdue.

I'm Kenbo, one half of the Let's Play duo 'SewerBuddies' (There's a link to our Youtube channel under my profile - I'm not going to put it here because then it'll look like I'm only here to advertise!) Smash bros. is my favorite game (all of them), and I joined to chat about the next installment as well as meet people to play with over Project M. I mained Yoshi in 64, Fox in Melee, R.O.B. in Brawl, and I'm still trying to find my main in P:M (I have too much trouble playing Fox with lag, so I'm transitioning to someone else - right now, it looks like Mewtwo).

I played ridiculous amounts of Melee back in my college days, but afterwards I wasn't able to find anybody who could play at my level. So, years went by with only L9 CPUs to play and I got stale. I went from consistently reaching finals in local tournaments (and winning two) to not even passing the first round. I've got a big hill to climb if I'm ever going to get back to where I was, so I'm just going to keep jumping into fights online until I'm on my feet again.

KingDerks

Smash Rookie
Hey im Derks, I finally got my wii back from my sister and am looking to play some smash whenever. I like to use either toon link or king dedede. Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Odysseus

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm Odysseus. I'm a bicycle messenger/teacher/student/musician. I've been a smash player since it was first released for 64, but more importantly, I recently saw that documentary. It reminded me of the music scene I was a part of years ago.... traveling from town to town, playing little venues, making friends and hoping to make it back around to see them again. We were always trying to figure out how to have enough money to keep touring, and it reminded me of the smash brothers community that was presented in that documentary. I miss those days, and though it's unrelated to smash tournamenting, its nice to see similar connections being made across mediums. I checked out this place because I want to find out how to get involved in my current local area of Wichita, Kansas. There's not much out here, but I'm down for hosting a small tournament if I can find some people who are down. Please, hit me up if you are down for starting something.

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Smashboards, Scoob here. I've always been a fan of the Smash Bros series, ever since I got my N64 as a kid. These days, I've been playing Project M and loving it to no end. Mostly I've played with friends, but I'm looking to get serious. I hope to go to my first ever tournament soon, thanks to this website! I hope I can improve and help others do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom