• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Hey, I'm HayabusaTaichou.
Since I recently was so enamoured by what the latest installment of Project M had to offer (Roy's my boy) that I actually went to the trouble of modding my PAL Wii just so I could play it; I figured that I'd also create an account here to get in on the discussion relating to that. So I'm probably only going to be active in that part of this site.
Helllo and welcome to Smashboards! if u have any questions feel free to ask me. ^-^ I hope u enjoy this site and make alot of friends

OmarionDaKing

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I'm Omarion. Michigander here. Been playing smash since the first installment on the 64 but I spend the most time playing melee. Really looking forward to the new one in 2014. Would be cool if anyone could kinda steer me towards Michigan smash communities? Nice to finally meet some people who appreciate the game.

Avantgrave

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0963-0522-3867
Hey guys I'm Omarion. Michigander here. Been playing smash since the first installment on the 64 but I spend the most time playing melee. Really looking forward to the new one in 2014. Would be cool if anyone could kinda steer me towards Michigan smash communities? Nice to finally meet some people who appreciate the game.
Welcome to Smashboards from a fellow newcomer! If you're looking for people near you, start in this section of the forum, and there should be a thread for people from Michigan, I think there's also one for people in west Michigan, not sure exactly where you are though:
http://smashboards.com/forums/midwest.92/

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Hello welcome to smashboards i hope u enjoy your stay.If u have any questions feel free to ask me.

RedHairedGent

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1907-9301-7602
New to the smash community, I never really knew it existed in the form it does until recently. I played Melee extensively and learned of advanced techniques years ago, but didn't ever delve into the competitive aspects. Now that I'm a bit older, and I picked up a Wii I figure this is a great time to jump into Project M. I'm definitely rusty, but I've been emulating Melee recently and I feel I still have a pretty decent grasp on the game. Definitely will stick around, may check out the more artistic sections being an artist myself (mainly for self motivation). Looking forward to being a part of this!
Any advice is extremely welcome!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello Red and welcome to SWF!

Nice to hear you are jumping into P:M. Just in case you haven't checked it out yet, here's the link to the Project M workshop which contains a P:M social, custom content section, and character boards. Sounds like you know your way to the artist section but have fun there.

I don't know what to give advice to but if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them.

Welcome again and enjoy your stay!

wildlands

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7568-7625-6294
After watching KoC3 last night, I've decided I need to get back into SSB. Haven't played competitively since the release of Brawl, but I have been holding onto my GC and N64 for some reason all these years!! Plus WoW PvP is all but evaporated.
So I plan on diving right back into SSB, and what better way to start than with a shout-out to the largest SSB community!!

If anyone in the Seattle area wants a buddy to practice with, please let me know!

Cheers!

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410
I've been meaning to do this for a while, but never really got around to it. I'm young enough that I grew up with Melee, it being one of the earliest games I vividly remember. Now as a Junior in highschool, I've decided I really want to try and get into the smash competitive scene. I didn't really like Brawl though, and my nearby friends didn't play Melee anymore. We found a bridge in Project M and i've been playing it as often as possible.

The only problem is that I don't have a wii that can read dual layered discs, or a copy of Brawl anymore. I plan on buying one that's verified to work from my pal, along with a higher quality gamecube controller than the ones I have, and then really practicing. I'm still in the phase where i'm attempting to get wavedashing and l-cancelling down. I practice that in Melee at times, but the latter has been a bit of trouble.

In matches with my friends, my favorites characters are Ness, Squirtle, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Marth, and Falco.

I also like anime, tabletop roleplaying, cartoons and the like, and collect video games at times. I run the gaming club at my school.

DragonZProductions

Smash Rookie
Hi Everyone! I'm DragonZProductions or DZP for short. I played Melee when I was young and loved the game. I also played Brawl when it came out and was also a fan of it as well. I main Ice Climbers in Melee and Sonic in Brawl. I got back into after watchings KoC III last night and now I want back in. I just need to find people around the Myrtle Beach, SC area to practice with. Hope to talk to you guys later :D!

LittleSpoon

Smash Rookie
Hello SWF, I'm LittleSpoon. I am a smasher from Washington and in 2014 I want to enter as many SSB64 tournaments in Washington or Oregon that I can. I love smash.

HappyMaskSalesman

Smash Rookie
Hi. I am from San Francisco and I currently attend SFSU. Just generally love playing smash but was never into the competitive scene. Recently watched "The Smash Brothers" and it inspired me to try and be a part of this awesome community. Currently practicing melee since I am not a huge fan of brawl. Really excited just to be here.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Greetings. I'm Headcrab Jackalope. I'm a huge fan of SSB. I grew up with Melee, played a lot of Brawl, and recently acquired 64. My favorite video game franchise is the Pikmin series. I'm a huge marine biology nut and I enjoy keeping aquariums. I'm only 13, but I try to act as mature as possible. I'm been lurking around here for a while, and decided it was time to make an account. Hope you enjoy my company!:)

NNID
masonisawesome13
3DS FC
3308-4678-2953
Hi. I am Toon Link: The Smasher! I'm new here and am a huge fan of the "smash"-ing series! (do you get the pun?) My favorite character is obviously toon Link and my second favorite is Pikachu from my most favorite game ever, Pokemon. I'm sure i will get along great with people here!

Hiccup

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys! I'm Hiccup (Hic for short). I've been playing meele ever since I was little and I just started playing Project M 3.0 a couple of weeks ago, but recently I have been considering going competitive. The only problems are that I'm so amateur I can hardly wave dash or ledge hog and there does not seem to be very many people in NH who play a lot. Besides this I am very excited to be a part of the FGC :D

Yoshi64

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone! Im Yoshi64, as you can see :p

Anyway, I only battle for fun really, and this isnt my most played game either. I play CRAP TONS of Mario Kart Wii, competitively :O

RejectedLink

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys I'm RejectedLink I am new to competitive smash but it has been a dream of mine for a bit and now I have some free time and i will be taking this up. I will also be streaming the game so people could come and help me out!

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm Crim. I absolutely love Smash, it's in my top 5 game series of all time. I'm not a stereotypical gamer at all, but it's still a fun and sometimes competitive hobby. I love chilling on the couch eating popcorn and playing some good ol' Nintendo and Sony games occasionally, just because it's a nice break from the rest of life (including finals this week). Maybe I know some of you from around the web, but if I don't, nice to meet you! I'm pretty open and friendly and take criticism pretty well so don't expect me to go ham on you even if you're pissing me off. Alright, well I hope this can become a new home forum for me, and I can't wait to meet you all.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Hello welcome to smashboards i hope u enjoy your stay. If u have any questions feel free to ask me this is for everybody that is new and replied here

CommunistWillyWonka

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm CommunistWillyWonka I've been playing Super Smash Bros, for a while now and never knew this site existed until I saw the Kings of Cali 3 tournament couple days ago. I'm usually game on PC, PS4, Wii/U etc. Plus this site is pretty freaking legit too and it's cool to be here.
-CWW

MrSaturday

Smash Rookie
Hey, figured I've been lurking on these forums too long and finally decided to make an account. I have yet to play Smash competitively, but the idea is something that's been in my mind lately. I only recently discovered P:M and so far am loving it. It actually made me go out and repurchase a Wii.

I would really like to get better at this game and make some videos with the PVR that's been collecting dust since the end of my Call of Duty days. Unfortunately, my internet is currently terrible and there are no skilled players in my area that I am aware of. Hopefully, college campus will have something to work with in the fall.

Looking forward to being part of the community, and maybe driving out to meet some of you at a Smash tournament in the distant future :)

ZexM

Smash Cadet
Hi, I'm ZexM
everyone always pronounces it as one word (zexm), but it is actually two words ( Zex M). It stands for Zechs Marquise, one of my favorite Mobile Suite pilots form on of my favorite animes, Mobile Suite Gundam- Wing. I main Marth.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey, I'm CommunistWillyWonka I've been playing Super Smash Bros, for a while now and never knew this site existed until I saw the Kings of Cali 3 tournament couple days ago. I'm usually game on PC, PS4, Wii/U etc. Plus this site is pretty freaking legit too and it's cool to be here.
-CWW
Welcome CWW!

Glad to hear you watched KoC 3 last week. If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask for help here.

Enjoy your stay here!

Hey, figured I've been lurking on these forums too long and finally decided to make an account. I have yet to play Smash competitively, but the idea is something that's been in my mind lately. I only recently discovered P:M and so far am loving it. It actually made me go out and repurchase a Wii.

I would really like to get better at this game and make some videos with the PVR that's been collecting dust since the end of my Call of Duty days. Unfortunately, my internet is currently terrible and there are no skilled players in my area that I am aware of. Hopefully, college campus will have something to work with in the fall.

Looking forward to being part of the community, and maybe driving out to meet some of you at a Smash tournament in the distant future :)
Welcome Mr. Saturday to SWF!

I know how it feels to have a lack of scene. College is a good way to find others who play Smash. Get the word out there and you'll definitely find players nearby.

Enjoy your stay and hope to see you at future events.

Hi, I'm ZexM
everyone always pronounces it as one word (zexm), but it is actually two words ( Zex M). It stands for Zechs Marquise, one of my favorite Mobile Suite pilots form on of my favorite animes, Mobile Suite Gundam- Wing. I main Marth.
Welcome ZexM!

If you happen to have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me for answers.

Enjoy your stay!

LordJackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lordjackal92
Hey, I'm LordJackal. I've been doing stuff on YouTube for a while, and thought about joining up here, but I've always been too busy to really devote any time to it. Now that I'm back home for a while, I decided to sign up and talk about Smash...I haven't for a while. Nice to meet you all!

RyanR

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm LordJackal. I've been doing stuff on YouTube for a while, and thought about joining up here, but I've always been too busy to really devote any time to it. Now that I'm back home for a while, I decided to sign up and talk about Smash...I haven't for a while. Nice to meet you all!
Glad to see another Zelda main :teeth:

Marthy

Smash Cadet
NNID
marth_lowell
3DS FC
0173-2031-9695
Switch FC
SW 1197 9118 8506
Hello, I'm Marthy. I'm new here so I hope to make friends. Also, I love to play Smash. So yeah, that's about it.

Battlechili1

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'm Battlechili1, denizen of justice and destroyer of tyranny! (In other words I play and kick butt against a lot of video game baddies like Ganondorf and Bowser). I decided to join since I saw a thread that interested me, however I'm an avid gamer and am currently hyped for the next Smash Bros. game. I was never huge on Smash Bros., though after Brawl came out I finally really started to love Smash Bros games. Brawl won my heart over with its grand epic orchestral music and large character roster and awesome story mode campaign.
My favorite characters to use in Smash Bros. tend to be Falco, Link, and Ike.

Video game wise, besides Smash Bros, I particularly love Zelda video games. Being a hero garbed in green wielding a sword while riding a horse and destroying evil is a blast. Added to that, I also really like Star Fox games (excluding Command), Kingdom Hearts games, and Metal Gear Solid games. My fave game is Solatorobo though, which is what my avatar is from.

Outside of video games, I really like watching anime. Think shows like Gurren Lagann and Madoka Magica.

Other than that, if there's anything else you wish to know about me, feel free to ask! It's a pleasure to meet you all, and I'm glad to join and be a part of this new community!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hi my names Ryan and I like turtles...
Hello Ryan and welcome to SWF!

Turtles are overrated. Owls are much better.

Welcome Jackal to SWF!

You can visit the site at your own time. I too am pretty busy and haven't visited the site in the recents weeks. Glad to hear you made the time to introduce yourself.

Hello, I'm Marthy. I'm new here so I hope to make friends. Also, I love to play Smash. So yeah, that's about it.
Welcome Marthy!

That's what we're all about. Smash, friends, etc. Just be friendly and open and the friends will come pouring in.

Hey! I'm Battlechili1, denizen of justice and destroyer of tyranny! (In other words I play and kick butt against a lot of video game baddies like Ganondorf and Bowser). I decided to join since I saw a thread that interested me, however I'm an avid gamer and am currently hyped for the next Smash Bros. game. I was never huge on Smash Bros., though after Brawl came out I finally really started to love Smash Bros games. Brawl won my heart over with its grand epic orchestral music and large character roster and awesome story mode campaign.
My favorite characters to use in Smash Bros. tend to be Falco, Link, and Ike.

Video game wise, besides Smash Bros, I particularly love Zelda video games. Being a hero garbed in green wielding a sword while riding a horse and destroying evil is a blast. Added to that, I also really like Star Fox games (excluding Command), Kingdom Hearts games, and Metal Gear Solid games. My fave game is Solatorobo though, which is what my avatar is from.

Outside of video games, I really like watching anime. Think shows like Gurren Lagann and Madoka Magica.

Other than that, if there's anything else you wish to know about me, feel free to ask! It's a pleasure to meet you all, and I'm glad to join and be a part of this new community!
Hey Battle. Welcome to SWF!

I approve of your fight for justice but tyranny...Not so much especially since I main Ganondorf in Brawl/PM. Glad to read that you've listed some of your favorite games/animus. Maybe you will find a new friend on SWF who likes the same games/animus. Also, glad to read that you're glad to be here. Members like you really help brighten up our community.

Everyone one of you: Please enjoy your stay and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me for help!

Codester

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheCodester87
3DS FC
0130-1912-9132
Hey everyone! I'm Cody, have been playing Smash since I was a wee lad when it first came out on the N64 and have continued to play off and on over the years. A buddy of mine discovered project M and the release of 3.0 which re-sparked my interest In Melee specifically. I look forward to meeting some of you at local tournaments.

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
Hi everybody. I'm Alex (aka Ting) and yeah, Smash is my life, always my favorite. Lately, I've been more focused on Melee. I never really played competitively, I just tried to get everything in the game, and just have a good time with friends. But recently I've felt that I should lean more towards the competitive area. I think I would really enjoy going to a tournament one day. I've also been getting much better with my main, Captain Falcon, by watching players from EVO and the like. I hope I'll enjoy this place, and I hope that one day, people might recognize me.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey everyone! I'm Cody, have been playing Smash since I was a wee lad when it first came out on the N64 and have continued to play off and on over the years. A buddy of mine discovered project M and the release of 3.0 which re-sparked my interest In Melee specifically. I look forward to meeting some of you at local tournaments.
Hello Cody and welcome to SWF!

Glad to hear the build of 3.0 has revitalized your interest in Smash! P:M will continue to evolve down the road. Good luck at tournaments. They are fun to be a part of!

Hi everybody. I'm Alex (aka Ting) and yeah, Smash is my life, always my favorite. Lately, I've been more focused on Melee. I never really played competitively, I just tried to get everything in the game, and just have a good time with friends. But recently I've felt that I should lean more towards the competitive area. I think I would really enjoy going to a tournament one day. I've also been getting much better with my main, Captain Falcon, by watching players from EVO and the like. I hope I'll enjoy this place, and I hope that one day, people might recognize me.
Welcome TS!

I highly recommend attending a tourney. The experience, the atmosphere, the rush...It's something you need to experience yourself to fully enjoy the competitive scene. If you can, I recommend attending Apex 2014 in January of next year. I will be attending for my third year in a row and it is a blast! Good luck on your progress in Melee and have fun!

JON

Smash Rookie
Hey all, I'm JON :) great to meet all you fellow smashers! I've been playing Smash Bros since the 64 Era moving through the motions! :) Currently just got hold of Project M as I never quite fell in love with brawl (it was good but just not quite there) and always hung on to Melee, as I know many of you have also done. Anyways I'm Based in Yorkshire in the UK and would love to start playing meets/tourneys, hopefully I'll meet some of you in the new year.

Looking forward to it, bring on 2014! :younglinkmelee:

RedHotRubberDucky

Smash Cadet
Hello and greetings to all. I am the infamous RedHotRubberDucky. You may call me RedHotRubberDucky.
A little about myself:
I'm the RedHotRubberDucky and I'm really rad!
Those other duckies from the swamp are pretty bad!
Squirrels, Lizards, and Horses too,
But with my help, I'll help you pull through!
Yeah, Go me, Yeah, Get some!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey all, I'm JON :) great to meet all you fellow smashers! I've been playing Smash Bros since the 64 Era moving through the motions! :) Currently just got hold of Project M as I never quite fell in love with brawl (it was good but just not quite there) and always hung on to Melee, as I know many of you have also done. Anyways I'm Based in Yorkshire in the UK and would love to start playing meets/tourneys, hopefully I'll meet some of you in the new year.

Looking forward to it, bring on 2014! :younglinkmelee:
Welcome of JON to SWF!

Good to read that you're trying out P:M. If you plan to go to tourneys, check out the Europe section to see if Yourshire has a scene: http://smashboards.com/forums/europe.226/

Enjoy your stay!

Hello and greetings to all. I am the infamous RedHotRubberDucky. You may call me RedHotRubberDucky.
A little about myself:
I'm the RedHotRubberDucky and I'm really rad!
Those other duckies from the swamp are pretty bad!
Squirrels, Lizards, and Horses too,
But with my help, I'll help you pull through!
Yeah, Go me, Yeah, Get some!
Welcome to SWF RHRD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom