• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello everyone! I'm excited to be joining the competitive Smash community. I'm not new to Smash, and I've played it since I was a kid. A few weeks ago my friend showed me the Smash Bros documentary and it opened my eyes to a world I had only heard about. Luckily, we found out a big tournament would be hosted locally, so we drove down to Frederick to see Pound 5.5. It was probably one of the coolest experiences of my life and it has definitely inspired me to get better and train hard.

I had wanted to play my childhood favorite, Link, but then I found out he's not as good as I had hoped. Somehow I ended up playing Dr. Mario.
Hello Mori and welcome to SWF!

Glad to hear you've watched the Smash Bros. documentary. Also good to hear you had an excellent experience at Pound 5.5.

IF you have any questions about the site, feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to direct you where you want.

Enjoy your stay here and keep at it!

Memento Mori

Smash Rookie
Hello Mori and welcome to SWF!

Glad to hear you've watched the Smash Bros. documentary. Also good to hear you had an excellent experience at Pound 5.5.

IF you have any questions about the site, feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to direct you where you want.

Enjoy your stay here and keep at it!
Thanks, man! I think my favorite part of the experience was how cool and friendly everyone was. Most everyone seemed happy to have newcomers hang out and play with veterans.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Thanks, man! I think my favorite part of the experience was how cool and friendly everyone was. Most everyone seemed happy to have newcomers hang out and play with veterans.
there r a lot of friendly people out there in this site that's why I love this site. There r lot of reasons why I love this site

BnW

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm BnW. I had played brawl casually but I moved on to other games. I just watched The Smash Brothers documentary and I decided that I would start playing melee. I don't have a car so traveling to tournies might be a little tough, but nevertheless I'm excited to join the community.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Hi, I'm BnW. I had played brawl casually but I moved on to other games. I just watched The Smash Brothers documentary and I decided that I would start playing melee. I don't have a car so traveling to tournies might be a little tough, but nevertheless I'm excited to join the community.
Welcome 2 smashboards i hope u enjoy your stay and make alot of friends.If u have any questions about Smashboards feel free to ask me. ^-^

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I guess this is a little over due but:

Hi everyone, I am Naroghin. It usually gets shortened to "Naro" (which is admitedly easier to pronounce) so I guess feel free to address me by either...

Also, eternal Link main.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Oh I didn't know there was a welcoming crew...
Hello, everyone, my username is Makai Wars but you can call me Pivi, or Makai.

I dont actually...brawl anymore, I'm 'retired' due to a broken disk reader, but I'm here at SB to learn the tools of the trade in preparation for SSB4. I hope to be a commentator one day, till then, I'll be bumbling around the IC boards.

Marcelina64

Smash Rookie
Hi Marcelin i hope u enjoy this site and make alot of friends. Please dont stop going on smashboards. u will love smashboards because i do
Hello Marcelina and welcome to Smashboards!

If you have any questions regarding the site, let me know and I'll try my best to answer them.

Enjoy your stay here.
Thanks guys!
This place seems cool already :)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Apologies to the new members who haven't been able to enter the site. DDoSs have been plaguing SWF recently.

Hello BnW! Welcome to SWF.

I am in the same group as you. Don't have a car but I try my best to go to events.

Glad to read that your excited! If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Hi everyone, I am Naroghin. It usually gets shortened to "Naro" (which is admitedly easier to pronounce) so I guess feel free to address me by either...

Also, eternal Link main.
Welcome Naro and I salute your committment to the Hero of Time.

I dont actually...brawl anymore, I'm 'retired' due to a broken disk reader, but I'm here at SB to learn the tools of the trade in preparation for SSB4. I hope to be a commentator one day, till then, I'll be bumbling around the IC boards.
There is a welcoming crew but it seems like I'm the only one active here.

Welcome Pivi to SWF!

I too wish to be a comentator someday. If you have any examples of you commentator, link me to them and I can let you know how you did. Also, if you have any questions while you're "bumbling around the IC boards", feel free to let me know and I'll try my best to answer them.

Enjoy your stay!

Thanks guys!
Glad to hear you're liking it here so far!

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink

Also, eternal Link main.
Welcome to smashboards . I hope u enjoy your stay at smashboards. I am a huge zelda fan.Im a link main 2 I havnt seen alot of link mains.Please dont stop going on smashboards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope u find what u r looking 4 on this huge site of mystery! XD i will be getting ssbb4 to. There r alot of ssbb4 thigs here. I hope enjoy your stay at Smashboards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys!
Im happy 2 here that XD that just makes my day

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Welcome to smashboards . I hope u enjoy your stay at smashboards. I am a huge zelda fan.Im a link main 2 I havnt seen alot of link mains.Please dont stop going on smashboards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope u find what u r looking 4 on this huge site of mystery! XD i will be getting ssbb4 to. There r alot of ssbb4 thigs here. I hope enjoy your stay at Smashboards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im happy 2 here that XD that just makes my day
OK man. I know you love it here and I like your attitude but please stop double posting. Use the edit button.

Etna

Smash Rookie
NNID
SSB_Etna
Hey everyone, name's Etna. Been a casual Smash player since Melee's launch, but never really got into the game until a few months back (Thanks to College buddies). Currently addicted to Project Melee 3.0, was overly hyped to see Roy rejoining the game (Thanks again PMBR ^^)

Anywho, I live in the U.S, Eastern area so if anyone wants to play, I'd be happy to play. Especially since very few people I know, outside of College are decent at Smash in my area.

Mister

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrMisterMisterMr
3DS FC
4742-4981-8845
Heyoo, everyone! The name's Mister, and I've been playing smash bros. casually since the N64 days. I didn't really get into my competitive play until I discovered Project M. Now, with PM 3.0 released, I thought I might as well join in on the conversations about it here. And I must say, PMBR, you did an amazing job with the update. Hats off to you!

Shamunt

Smash Rookie
What's up peoples! My names Shamunt and I have been a longtime smash bros fan playing causally since the n64 and I have been paying attention to the competitive scene for a while but never really competed myself. anyways I'm a south floridian so anyone from my area please hit me up, let me known if you got LANs going, local tourneys, etc. I will be down for them

sage3995

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I'm Tom or Sage and I recently watched the Smash Bros. documentary and decided to host a local tournament with some friends. It has ignited a love I didn't know I had for the game and I have decided to pursue it further. I am going to learn all the tricks and stuff and hopefully will be able to attend tournaments (only in London though). Tips for Falco would be appreciated!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey everyone, name's Etna. Been a casual Smash player since Melee's launch, but never really got into the game until a few months back (Thanks to College buddies). Currently addicted to Project Melee 3.0, was overly hyped to see Roy rejoining the game (Thanks again PMBR ^^)

Anywho, I live in the U.S, Eastern area so if anyone wants to play, I'd be happy to play. Especially since very few people I know, outside of College are decent at Smash in my area.
Hello Etna and welcome to SWF!

Glad to hear you're enjoying 3.0. I'm guessing Roy's your main so here's the link to the PM Roy section. You can check out all the details on him there.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me.

Enjoy your stay!

Heyoo, everyone! The name's Mister, and I've been playing smash bros. casually since the N64 days. I didn't really get into my competitive play until I discovered Project M. Now, with PM 3.0 released, I thought I might as well join in on the conversations about it here. And I must say, PMBR, you did an amazing job with the update. Hats off to you!
Welcome Mister to SWF!

You'll find that the PM boards are very active. You'll find an array of discussions there. Here's the link.

If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me for help.

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay.

What's up peoples! My names Shamunt and I have been a longtime smash bros fan playing causally since the n64 and I have been paying attention to the competitive scene for a while but never really competed myself. anyways I'm a south floridian so anyone from my area please hit me up, let me known if you got LANs going, local tourneys, etc. I will be down for them

Hello Shamunt!

Check out the S64 Discusssion board or the Alt South region zone for events.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Hope you find events to go to. Enjoy your stay!

Hey everyone. I'm Tom or Sage and I recently watched the Smash Bros. documentary and decided to host a local tournament with some friends. It has ignited a love I didn't know I had for the game and I have decided to pursue it further. I am going to learn all the tricks and stuff and hopefully will be able to attend tournaments (only in London though). Tips for Falco would be appreciated!
Welcome Sage!

Nice going man. Good to hear you did something you love. About Falco tips, if it's Melee Falco you seek; here's the Melee Falco boards. You'll find guides, matchups, and everything else you need to know Falco inside and out.

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Egad?! A Wild Lurker Appeared!

Well, I lurked for a while, and never threw my hat into the ring, but who cares! I am a fellow smash fan, and love to brainstorm newcomers. My favorite SmashBros game is Project M, with Melee as the runner up. I aspire to make gaming youtube videos, and hope to meet some nice fellows on this here forum!

Mister

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrMisterMisterMr
3DS FC
4742-4981-8845

Well, I lurked for a while, and never threw my hat into the ring, but who cares! I am a fellow smash fan, and love to brainstorm newcomers. My favorite SmashBros game is Project M, with Melee as the runner up. I aspire to make gaming youtube videos, and hope to meet some nice fellows on this here forum!
Hey, phantom! Congratulations on stepping out of the shadows of lurking! I hope you enjoy it here.

BnW

Smash Rookie
Apologies to the new members who haven't been able to enter the site. DDoSs have been plaguing SWF recently.

Hello BnW! Welcome to SWF.

I am in the same group as you. Don't have a car but I try my best to go to events.

Glad to read that your excited! If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

I do have one question for you. I'm focusing on melee at the moment, I know i'm late, and I couldn't really find an introductory guide to playing melee overall. I'm playing Marth at the moment but all the guides are too advanced for me. Any help learning the basics would be appreciated.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277

Hello Phantom!

Glad to hear you decided to join us! Since you've originated as a lurker, I'm guessing you know you're way around. If you have any questions though feel free to ask.

Welcome again and I wish your success in gaming YT vids.

I do have one question for you. I'm focusing on melee at the moment, I know i'm late, and I couldn't really find an introductory guide to playing melee overall. I'm playing Marth at the moment but all the guides are too advanced for me. Any help learning the basics would be appreciated.
The basics? To my current knowledge, I don't think there's a written basic guide. I best I can think of is using videos.

Try these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfBuAo_Bfvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFtGQRm1bTg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQxy26IijUA

Let me know how it goes.

BnW

Smash Rookie
Hello Phantom!

Glad to hear you decided to join us! Since you've originated as a lurker, I'm guessing you know you're way around. If you have any questions though feel free to ask.

Welcome again and I wish your success in gaming YT vids.

The basics? To my current knowledge, I don't think there's a written basic guide. I best I can think of is using videos.

Try these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfBuAo_Bfvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFtGQRm1bTg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQxy26IijUA

Let me know how it goes.
Thanks, i'll start on it right now

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
hello welcome 2 smash boards. I hope u enjoy your stay. ^-^

sharpman5000

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-1852-6914
My name is sharpman "sharpman5000" Sharp

And all I ever wanted is for Samus to have a short hop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom