• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Hello I am magiciandude! I actually registered years ago just to contribute to the original SmashWiki when it was Smash boards. I've been playing the Smash series since the year the first game came out. I never took the competitive scene seriously until last year when I decided to try out and have been involved ever since (although I have yet to particpate any tournaments). Project M has been taken over my interest lately ever since I downloaded it a few months ago. Nice to meet you all.

TicTic

Smash Rookie
Hello Smashboards
My name is TicTic a smasher from California who is just barely learning how to handle the competitive scene. I play Melee where my main is Falco and Project M where my mains are Mario, Wolf, Ike, and Toon Link. I also play competitive Pokemon cause Wynaut? Anyway nice to meet you all. :)

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Hello, I am CroonerMike. I've been creeping on this website for quite a few years and I have finally decided to join up. I started with the original Super Smash Bros game on the N64 along with my two older brothers. Now I have been playing Super Smash Bros since. When I am not playing games, I study music up at college and give private lessons. It's great to meet you all.

Paisano

Smash Rookie
Hey There I'm Paisano! I have recently made this account maybe like 3 months ago! I barley learned last year about super smash brothers games being played competitively and I have been trying to learn everything i can to play the game in a competitive level. I really like to play super smash brother melee and I'm looking forward to maybe one day being able to join a tournament and play against some of my favorite players, And i would also love to be more in this smash community.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Hello there... anyone who happens to read this post, I'm Mach5Mike. I've been a vistor of Smashboards for quite some time (around the time I learned about Project M), but after reading through all of the recent Smash-related discussions that go on here that I can't find anywhere else, I finally decided to create an account here. If my avatar and main icons don't make it clear enough, I'm a devoted Mario main. That's not to say I don't have variety in my other mains though (Link, Marth, Sonic, Captain Falcon, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus). I can't wait to get to sharing my own thoughts as Smash 4 news continues to come in daily, and I hope to become a more passionate Smash Bros. fan than I already am by interacting with all of you guys :D

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Hellooooooo~ I'm Nitrus! ^^ I signed up a day or two ago and havent said hey yet so yeah! I love Smash Bros and can be aggressively passionate towards things Smash related ahaha, in a sense that I often get extremely angry at Sakurai on a regular basis >~< I prefer 64 and Melee over Brawl because I view it as kindof a half-assed title that doesnt live up to its potential, but I did have hundreds of hours of fun with it. I came here just because I want to banter and debate on all things Smashy! c: And maybe make a few friends.

MK_ultra

Smash Rookie
ay whats up i'm Trevor. i'm new here. i'v been playing smash sense to old days of melee when i was in elementary school and have moved on to brawl. i'v been talking competitive smash with some of my friends for a while now and have seen and heard plenty of things about this site and just felt like joining. i understand how to do most of the tech based things that the pro players do but just aren't fast enough controller wise to pull it off. yea feel free to talk to me i'll be here pretty often.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello I am magiciandude! I actually registered years ago just to contribute to the original SmashWiki when it was Smash boards. I've been playing the Smash series since the year the first game came out. I never took the competitive scene seriously until last year when I decided to try out and have been involved ever since (although I have yet to particpate any tournaments). Project M has been taken over my interest lately ever since I downloaded it a few months ago. Nice to meet you all.
Hello Smashboards
My name is TicTic a smasher from California who is just barely learning how to handle the competitive scene. I play Melee where my main is Falco and Project M where my mains are Mario, Wolf, Ike, and Toon Link. I also play competitive Pokemon cause Wynaut? Anyway nice to meet you all. :)
Hello, I am CroonerMike. I've been creeping on this website for quite a few years and I have finally decided to join up. I started with the original Super Smash Bros game on the N64 along with my two older brothers. Now I have been playing Super Smash Bros since. When I am not playing games, I study music up at college and give private lessons. It's great to meet you all.
Hi there, I'm a guy that does things.

Okay bye.
Hey There I'm Paisano! I have recently made this account maybe like 3 months ago! I barley learned last year about super smash brothers games being played competitively and I have been trying to learn everything i can to play the game in a competitive level. I really like to play super smash brother melee and I'm looking forward to maybe one day being able to join a tournament and play against some of my favorite players, And i would also love to be more in this smash community.
Hello there... anyone who happens to read this post, I'm Mach5Mike. I've been a vistor of Smashboards for quite some time (around the time I learned about Project M), but after reading through all of the recent Smash-related discussions that go on here that I can't find anywhere else, I finally decided to create an account here. If my avatar and main icons don't make it clear enough, I'm a devoted Mario main. That's not to say I don't have variety in my other mains though (Link, Marth, Sonic, Captain Falcon, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus). I can't wait to get to sharing my own thoughts as Smash 4 news continues to come in daily, and I hope to become a more passionate Smash Bros. fan than I already am by interacting with all of you guys :D
Hellooooooo~ I'm Nitrus! ^^ I signed up a day or two ago and havent said hey yet so yeah! I love Smash Bros and can be aggressively passionate towards things Smash related ahaha, in a sense that I often get extremely angry at Sakurai on a regular basis >~< I prefer 64 and Melee over Brawl because I view it as kindof a half-***** title that doesnt live up to its potential, but I did have hundreds of hours of fun with it. I came here just because I want to banter and debate on all things Smashy! c: And maybe make a few friends.
Flashed Inferno's here!
ay whats up i'm Trevor. i'm new here. i'v been playing smash sense to old days of melee when i was in elementary school and have moved on to brawl. i'v been talking competitive smash with some of my friends for a while now and have seen and heard plenty of things about this site and just felt like joining. i understand how to do most of the tech based things that the pro players do but just aren't fast enough controller wise to pull it off. yea feel free to talk to me i'll be here pretty often.
Melee was the first game I ever played. It's fun. I found this. Sounded cool. Might stick around. Kbye.
Hello everyone and welcome to Smashboards! I apologize for the delay but I've been busy with life matters. Anyway, I'm your designated guide and if you have any questions about the site, please feel free to let me know. I am a member of the Welcoming Committee and it is my unpaid job to help assist any newcomers with assistance if they need it.

Welcome again to SWF. I hope you enjoy it here, sorry for greeting you all personally but I hope you enjoy your stay!

Tsumiya

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! I have enjoyed Smash Bros for a long time. Like many I was disappointed with the competitive side of Brawl. I recently discovered project M and have a lot of fun =) I am looking forward to enjoying with everyone!

I dont know what character I am best with yet since I get audio and visual hiccups in dolphin despite having a very powerful machine XD

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello everyone! I have enjoyed Smash Bros for a long time. Like many I was disappointed with the competitive side of Brawl. I recently discovered project M and have a lot of fun =) I am looking forward to enjoying with everyone!

I dont know what character I am best with yet since I get audio and visual hiccups in dolphin despite having a very powerful machine XD
Hello and welcome to SWF! Enjoy your stay here and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Hello there, people! I go by the name "Sgt. Biscuit" and, while I don't find myself to be all that great at smash, I hope I'll have a great time here.

Oh, and here's a little smiley face for some added flair --> :)
Welcome Sgt to SWF!

I do hope you enjoy it here. If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me for assistance. Enjoy your stay.

NefariousShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NefariousShyGuy
3DS FC
3609-1047-1128
Hey, I'm NefariousShyGuy. I know it's a bit of a tongue-twister to pronounce, so you can just call me ShyGuy or Nefarious.

I've been playing Smash ever since I was a kid back on the N64, and I can't wait to start digging deeper into Smash by being a part of this wonderful community.

Hobbies:
Playing video games
Game development
Watching and drawing cartoons
Japanese language and culture

Currently I'm mastering at Smash 64. After that I'll be mastering Melee and Brawl. I'll try learning all I can about Smash on this board. Nice meeting you all! :b:

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Hey, I'm NefariousShyGuy. I know it's a bit of a tongue-twister to pronounce, so you can just call me ShyGuy or Nefarious.

I've been playing Smash ever since I was a kid back on the N64, and I can't wait to start digging deeper into Smash by being a part of this wonderful community.

Hobbies:
Playing video games
Game development
Watching and drawing cartoons
Japanese language and culture

Currently I'm mastering at Smash 64. After that I'll be mastering Melee and Brawl. I'll try learning all I can about Smash on this board. Nice meeting you all! :b:
Hello and welcome to Smashboards, NefariousShyGuy, when you get to mastering brawl, come to the Smashboards arena to play a few matches if you want to practice.

Well enjoy your stay here at Smashboards, if you have any questions feel free to ask a mod here on the site

Guard Break

Smash Rookie
Greetings denizens of the Smashboards. I am Guard Break, breaker of the guards. I'm here to invade your forums and provide you all with the adequate amount of stress you need in your diet. Stress is delicious and tastes best with shredded wheat.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Greetings denizens of the Smashboards. I am Guard Break, breaker of the guards. I'm here to invade your forums and provide you all with the adequate amount of stress you need in your diet. Stress is delicious and tastes best with shredded wheat.
Hello Guard Break and welcome to SWF! I agree. Stress is important and I believe everyone should have at least one healthy helping of stress.

Been playing smash for about 1 month as a fox main with a little bit of puff.
I'm from MN so basically nothing happens around here
Welcome Panda to SWF! I'm from Brawley, CA so I share your pain.

If you two have any questions, feel free to ask me for help. Enjoy your stay here guys!

Souls

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm no one who is thinking of joining a tournament with a friend. Trying to figure out how it all works though before hand.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey, I'm no one who is thinking of joining a tournament with a friend. Trying to figure out how it all works though before hand.
It's pretty simple. Just show up at the tournament, pay for the enterance/venue fees if they have any. Enter for the game you want and play on a bracket. If you win enough matches, you advance. If not, you don't advance. If you know the name of the tourney, maybe I could link you to it.

Souls

Smash Rookie
It's pretty simple. Just show up at the tournament, pay for the enterance/venue fees if they have any. Enter for the game you want and play on a bracket. If you win enough matches, you advance. If not, you don't advance. If you know the name of the tourney, maybe I could link you to it.
Ah alright, I was thinking I had to sign up and **** beforehand. The tourney in mind is Apex, I'm just seeing now that it's like a really big one too and I'm making an account for their site.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Ah alright, I was thinking I had to sign up and **** beforehand. The tourney in mind is Apex, I'm just seeing now that it's like a really big one too and I'm making an account for their site.
Oh....Apex....That's a big one. The account you're making is for pre-registration. You pretty much are sigining up and paying for the venue/entry fees to enter the tourney and the games you are signing up for. It's better to do what you're doing as you CAN sign up in person but it's more time consuming and a hassle for the staff. Once you signing for everything online, all you have to do on the day of the event is give the staff your tag you entered as and you get a badge and you're good to go.

Souls

Smash Rookie
Oh....Apex....That's a big one. The account you're making is for pre-registration. You pretty much are sigining up and paying for the venue/entry fees to enter the tourney and the games you are signing up for. It's better to do what you're doing as you CAN sign up in person but it's more time consuming and a hassle for the staff. Once you signing for everything online, all you have to do on the day of the event is give the staff your tag you entered as and you get a badge and you're good to go.
Awesome, thanks.
Also I see there are something about qualifiers? I don't need to do that to enter?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Awesome, thanks.
Also I see there are something about qualifiers? I don't need to do that to enter?
No. Qualifiers are basically tournaments where you can earn seeding points. In order to earn seeding points, you have to make it to the top 8 I believe. Seeding points are just basically that you get a better seeding in your pools/bracket when the pools/bracket is being made. You don't need to enter a qualifier to enter Apex. It just helps with top player placing.

Souls

Smash Rookie
No. Qualifiers are basically tournaments where you can earn seeding points. In order to earn seeding points, you have to make it to the top 8 I believe. Seeding points are just basically that you get a better seeding in your pools/bracket when the pools/bracket is being made. You don't need to enter a qualifier to enter Apex. It just helps with top player placing.
Alright, great. Thanks for all the help.

charlos

Smash Rookie
Hi, I'm charlos, a Peach main from Dallas, Texas. I only play Melee, but I'm open to Project: M and possibly Smash 4 when it comes out. I also play Ice Climbers. I've been playing Melee a lot in the last two or three years but am only recently entering the competitive scene. I've been lurking on smashboards for the last year or so and am finally making an account! I grew up playing Smash 64 and really love playing this game. I look forward to meeting some new people and improving my game!

Shakyy

Addicted to Ice.
NNID
Shakyy
Hey Shakyy here, my actual name is Jordan I play Smash 64 and Melee, I have some strange new goal to become the best in Australia at Melee.

MegaViralProxxy

Smash Rookie
Hi I'm new. I play SSBB with the ProjectM mods. Looking forward to using Roy and Mewtwo.
I also like to use some character skins from the brawl vault. The TMNT squirtle ones are my favorite.

Raspeball

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ripsbusk
3DS FC
3754-7247-0645
Greetings everyone. I usually go by the name Raspeball, which also happens to be the name of a traditional Norwegian dish (quite tasteful, actually). Obviously, I am a Norwegian.

Although I am completely new to Smashboards, I have played Smash (Melee in particular) for many years. Never competitive though, as my skill level is causal at best. Nevertheless, after some time off, I recently picked up Melee again, and was also very happy to see there is a small, fun Melee-playing group of people at my University (I study physics, graduate student). I guess Smashboards is the place to be if you want to see what's going on in the Smash community, and also pick up the best advice on how to become a better player. Really looking forward to dive deep into what Smashboards have to offer :)

As for smash, I usually play Peach in Melee. When it comes to Brawl, I rarely get to play it (although I do own a Wii. I guess I have to buy it..), but I usually go for Yoshi or Mario. I never really hated Brawl, it's just that Melee is so extreme. Playing Brawl with all my friends is good fun, though.

xbit

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm xbit .-. I have been interested in smash for about 2 years now. Im fairly quite as a community member but have always followed the board's. I'm really hoping to get into a tournament to get stomped on but at least get to play with some good people and get involved with the community.

boqeh

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I'm boqeh. Really stoked to get completely absorbed in the Smash scene. I've never played competitively, but I started training to I can go to some local events in the near future.
I'll most likely be playing P:M. I'm trying to decide if I want to devote time into that or Melee at the moment.

So yeah, I'm amped. It'll be a pleasure to get to know all of you and see you at some events down the line.

JDIZ

Smash Cadet
What's up Fell Wolf here, was pretty good at 64 as a kid and melee but never played competitively so I didn't know about all these advanced techniques (besides the names). Gonna get a gamecube and Melee and start practicing to go to some local events. There is one near me I'm going to go to just to chill first because it's in a week and I'm in no way prepared for a fight.

MT Williams

Smash Cadet
NNID
MTW829
3DS FC
2423-4493-5543
What's up I'm MT, and I've been playing Smash since the beginning. It's always been one of my favorite franchises. I've always been good, but I'm only just now wanting to get competitive. After watching tournament footage, I know that there is a lot of work to be done before I'm considered a threat in the competitive world. I'm excited to get started

Fives

Smash Rookie
Hey what's up. I have played smash bros for years but just today I watched this YouTube series about competitive melee when it was in its prime. Inspired me to sign up. Gonna download project m soon, but I also wanna start playing melee again. Peace.

- Fives

MT Williams

Smash Cadet
NNID
MTW829
3DS FC
2423-4493-5543
Hey what's up. I have played smash bros for years but just today I watched this YouTube series about competitive melee when it was in its prime. Inspired me to sign up. Gonna download project m soon, but I also wanna start playing melee again. Peace.

- Fives
The Smash Brothers documentary? That's what got me going too lol

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hi, I'm charlos, a Peach main from Dallas, Texas. I only play Melee, but I'm open to Project: M and possibly Smash 4 when it comes out. I also play Ice Climbers. I've been playing Melee a lot in the last two or three years but am only recently entering the competitive scene. I've been lurking on smashboards for the last year or so and am finally making an account! I grew up playing Smash 64 and really love playing this game. I look forward to meeting some new people and improving my game!
Hello and welcome to SWF Charlos!

Only Melee huh? That's cool...I guess....Anyways, here's the Melee Ice Climbers thread if you haven't been to it. Also, here's the Tournament Listings thread if you want to check out the next big tourney events. Glad to have you onboard. If you have any questions about the site, feel free to let me know. Enjoy your stay!

Hey Shakyy here, my actual name is Jordan I play Smash 64 and Melee, I have some strange new goal to become the best in Australia at Melee.
Hello Shakyy and welcome! Australia huh? Here's the link to the Australia Region Zone. You can try to find local scenes if you haven't had the chance. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. Enjoy your stay!

Hi I'm new. I play SSBB with the ProjectM mods. Looking forward to using Roy and Mewtwo.
I also like to use some character skins from the brawl vault. The TMNT squirtle ones are my favorite.
Hello and welcome Proxxy! Enjoy your stay here and if you have any question, let me know OK?

Greetings everyone. I usually go by the name Raspeball, which also happens to be the name of a traditional Norwegian dish (quite tasteful, actually). Obviously, I am a Norwegian.

Although I am completely new to Smashboards, I have played Smash (Melee in particular) for many years. Never competitive though, as my skill level is causal at best. Nevertheless, after some time off, I recently picked up Melee again, and was also very happy to see there is a small, fun Melee-playing group of people at my University (I study physics, graduate student). I guess Smashboards is the place to be if you want to see what's going on in the Smash community, and also pick up the best advice on how to become a better player. Really looking forward to dive deep into what Smashboards have to offer :)

As for smash, I usually play Peach in Melee. When it comes to Brawl, I rarely get to play it (although I do own a Wii. I guess I have to buy it..), but I usually go for Yoshi or Mario. I never really hated Brawl, it's just that Melee is so extreme. Playing Brawl with all my friends is good fun, though.
Raspe, welcome to Smashboards! That's good to hear you have a handle on the game at least (better than me). Here is the link to the Melee Peach boards. You can find all you need to know on Peach on that boardlink. If you got any questions man, then let me know. Welcome again and enjoy your stay!

Hey, I'm xbit .-. I have been interested in smash for about 2 years now. Im fairly quite as a community member but have always followed the board's. I'm really hoping to get into a tournament to get stomped on but at least get to play with some good people and get involved with the community.
Hey Xbit. Welcome to the site! You can find all the latest tournaments here at the Tournament Listings section. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your stay!

Hey everyone, I'm boqeh. Really stoked to get completely absorbed in the Smash scene. I've never played competitively, but I started training to I can go to some local events in the near future.
I'll most likely be playing P:M. I'm trying to decide if I want to devote time into that or Melee at the moment.

So yeah, I'm amped. It'll be a pleasure to get to know all of you and see you at some events down the line.
Heya Boqeh, welcome to the boards! Glad to hear you're hyped. Make it to Apex if you can. Any questions you want answered, let me know and I'll try my best. Enjoy your stay here man!

Feel free to talk @apex_series on twitter for help!
Already covered it D1.

What's up Fell Wolf here, was pretty good at 64 as a kid and melee but never played competitively so I didn't know about all these advanced techniques (besides the names). Gonna get a gamecube and Melee and start practicing to go to some local events. There is one near me I'm going to go to just to chill first because it's in a week and I'm in no way prepared for a fight.
Welcome Fell to SWF! That's good to hear you'll be attending an event. If you want to know more about your character, check out the Melee Character boards. Good luck and have fun at your event!

What's up I'm MT, and I've been playing Smash since the beginning. It's always been one of my favorite franchises. I've always been good, but I'm only just now wanting to get competitive. After watching tournament footage, I know that there is a lot of work to be done before I'm considered a threat in the competitive world. I'm excited to get started
Hey MT, welcome to the site! Good to hear the hype's building within you. Here's the link to the Tournament Listings. When you feel ready, look for events you want to attend. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me for help. Enjoy your stay and good luck on your journey!

- Fives
Welcome Fives to SWF! Good to hear that man. Good luck and if you have questions, feel free to ask me. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Chase25

Smash Rookie
Hello, everyone. I'm Chase25 and I've been a Nintendo fan all of my life. I started played Super Smash Bros. Brawl the year it came out and after I completed it I went on to buy the Super Smash Bros. Melee, even though Melee was older. The first Nintendo game I've ever played was on the Nintendo Entertainment System and it was Super Mario Bros. 3. Nintendo and it's games have been great to me for my childhood and I thank them for that. Anyways, I just started getting back into Brawl because of all the schoolwork I've been having. Thanks for letting me join this forum and I hope to me some new people and become part of this online community. :estatic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom