• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimbus

Smash Rookie
Deciding to formally introduce myself months after I make the account? WHY NOT?
I'm Nimbus2000. I got into competitive Smash back in early '07, but I've never really gone past watching videos and streams while trying to improve my game. First set I ever watched was Ken vs. Bombsoldier. Fell in love with the competitive side of the game right then and there, and I finally decided to get more active in the community. Excited to be here!

Ridere93

Smash Rookie
Hello Smashboards. I'm Ridere, I've been a Smash Bros Player since 64. I didn't know much about the competitive side of Smash until like a few of years ago. Though I don't go to tourneys, I do try to improve on my :mario2:, :ike:, and :falcon: whenever I can. Hopefully, I can learn more by joining this site.

Deinosaur

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm new to these forums and relatively new to smash in general, so I felt this would be a good place to start. I go by Deinosaur, as that was my alias on a competitive Pokemon forum that I used to be a part of. I started with smash in Melee when I would play with my neighbor, but I never actually purchased the game. And up until now I had only played Brawl sparingly when I was at a party or something, and I was pretty bad. There wasn't a character I liked, and I really had no idea what was going on. About a month ago, I stumbled upon a stream of a Melee tournament where I witnessed players like Wobbles rocking Ice Climbers and Armada using Peach to make professionals look bad. This got me interested, so me and a friend started playing smash quite frequently, but I'm still nowhere near the level I want to reach. I play Ice Climbers, but I'm sure I put them to shame, so I joined to try and learn. If there's any way someone can help me, that'd be awesome!

SuperGoshi68

Smash Rookie
Greetings, people of Smashboards. My name is SuperGoshi68, but I prefer Goshi68. I am a (read:experienced? I dunno?) player of Smash since the original. I actually received some mentoring on Smash from an ex-pro, and I've found this place thanks to him. I hope to have plenty of fun both chatting and playing with you guys!

*Risen*

Smash Cadet
Hello, Smashboards!

My name is Risen, and i'm a newcomer to the boards. I've played smash for years (since melee was out for only a couple years). I'm seventeen and Smash is my game. It wasn't until a year ago that I began viewing competitve matches. With APEX 2014 coming in my home state, and the fact that I keep 4 stocking all my friends, I wanted to take an extra step. I want to meet all of this awesome community that doesn't stop growing. I've viewed the boards for a long time, but now its time for me to start my competitive gaming career. I used to be a Pit main with the wii mote (LOL) but now I co-main iceies and pit on Brawl, and Icies on Melee. I have yet to master chain grabbing on either game, so i'm still learning. I hope I fit in nicely with the community!!

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Since I've posted already 2 messages I might as well.

Hello everyone, I am Nintendotard! As implied by the name, I am a huge fan of Nintendo games, plus other video games. My knowledge in games usually surrounds more of Nintendo and Sony games (most games for PS) with little knowledge to Microsoft. I am 17 and am entering my Senior year in highschool in a matter of days! :)

I first played Melee when I was about...I'll say 10-12, around there, at my cousins house. I think of it as a huge spark to me turning into a huge Nintendo fanatic as I saw multiple character I did not know at all, such as Ness, Fox, Ice Climbers, and more. Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Pokemon series representatives were the only ones I truly knew about. With little knowledge on the others, I tied in Mario relationships at the time, saying silly things like Ness is related to Mario and such. Ever since then I have played much more of the series or watch walkthroughs and do my studying on the Nintendo franchises. :)

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
I'm Britney in Brawl, and I'm here to argue with people over whether or not certain characters will be in SSB4! I enjoy the series, but I'm not actually good at playing it. Don't expect me to post outside of the "SSB4 Character Discussion" board!

SodaBro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sodabro
Hey i'm Sodabro, I was playing since the melee area so i'm no stranger to this game. My main is Ness/toonlink I wanted to get better to join the competitive scene so i joined this site.if you want to brawl me pm if that's how it works (I don't own melee or ssb64 atm) i"m no pro I am more intermediate. god my grammar sucks

Church NEOH

Worst Player in NEOH
Hello, I'm Beware. I have played all smashes, but it was always just for parties and hang outs. I really want to get into the competitive side of SSBB. Marth is my favorite character as I have been doing pretty well with him recently.

WarriorX7

Smash Rookie
What's up? I'm Warrior. I love Smash and other Fighting games. I have been a Nintendo fan my whole life.

SageOfTime

Smash Rookie
NNID
SageOfTime
3DS FC
2251-4705-8098
Hi, I am SageOfTime. My only Smash is Brawl, and I'm not reaaly interested in tournaments; I just play for fun! My main is Toon Link.

Torin

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm Torin. I play Melee, Brawl, and my friend recently introduced me to Project M. I play Toon Link and Squirtle mostly, and I love tournaments!

GaiusK

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-1306-5225
Hi, I'm Gaius!. I've been playing SSB since I was a little kid with a N64, but now I'm more interested in the tournament scene, and obviously SSB4. I guess that is all. See ya in the threads.

Tesla_Coil

Smash Cadet
Hi Smashboards,

I'm NotMumbo (or Mingy Jongo if you prefer), and I'm a big fan of all Smash games, and in particular the mod Project M. I hope to get in to the competitive side of P:M or Melee a bit more soon. I'm also looking forward to SSB4!

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
Heyo, I'm Salty the SLUG, otherwise known as Sartigy on other games, like Pokemon MMO (To which I left a short time ago).

~ MEMORIES <><
WAAAAY back in 2004, I played Melee for the first time while over my friend's house, to whom he had tons of his friends over playing a tournament (random character selection, I believe). I managed to win at least two, with the only one I remember being me, a Peach beating a Pichu. For my Birthday that year, I got this amazing game and played it non stop. Move over Pokemon, you have a new contender!
~

- And that's how I got hooked. I haven't played Smash in a while, and I hope to get back into it. I hope to even get the new SSB when it releases.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Hello everyone, I am DonkaFjord and I have been lurking for a few months and I finally decided I might as well join if I spend so much time here anyways. I really enjoy people's attitudes so far and it has been great. The only smash game I own is Brawl but I have played Melee, but I am most excited for smash four. See you guys around!

Hobbes2

Smash Rookie
I should probably post in here, right? I'm known as Hobbes2 in multiple places.

I'm a member of a competitive pokemon community, and I play Team Fortress 2. I've played smash since melee but I was never able to get down the technical skills of the game. When brawl came out I instantly loved it (I am the 1%) and now i've gotten pretty good at it.

Hopefully smash 4 will also be awesome (I'm hoping for a mix of brawl and melee) and I can help out with metagame development for it.

Kitteninabiscuit

Smash Rookie
Hello! I'm someone who is looking to brawl, I started playing for a while but I just started getting into competitive. (A bit late ik :p) My friend code is: 1207-1123-6982 Thx :D
EDIT: My mains are :zerosuitsamus: :lucario: :pit:
and am trying to get better with :zelda: and :jigglypuff:

dingo

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm Dingo, otherwise known as noon in a lot of other places. Brawl was the third video game I got into, and I play it quite frequently. I switch around characters a lot in Brawl, but I'm mostly good at :gw: and :toonlink:. I got tired of kicking my little brother's butt around, and started looking into some advance techniques... and stumbled into the competitive scene! I've been watching tons of videos and whatnot, learning the game in depth.

I hope to get into the SSB4 competitive scene when it comes out (please, please have Little Mac!), and maybe I'll put my Nintendo friend code up at some point, as soon as I remember it.

Mr.Pikachu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EzioJett
Hello! My name is Mr.Pikachu. I joined this community because I wanted to get better playing as the characters that I'm interested in. The guides that are posted on the threads are amazing! :happysheep:

Yamirah

Smash Rookie
Hi,I'm Yamirah.I love smash Bros.,Super Smash Bros. 64 is the first nintendo game I ever played(If not the first game I ever played).It has introduce me to many of my favorite series(ex.Legend of Zelda,Fire Emblem,Metal Gear Solid,& etc.).My favorite game in the story is Brawl and it's in my top 10 favorite games.Smash Bros. is my 5th favorite video game series.I have a youtube channel and if you want to help my channel just ask. link to my channel over here http://m.youtube.com/#/channel/UCtEFOQyWZZOtkm8t639E7og . If that doesn't work that put Yamirah on youtube and I'll be the first channel that comes up.

Phazonaught

Smash Rookie
Hi smashboards, I'm Phazonaught and I mostly play Melee and Project M. I've played smash since ssb 64 came out when I was a wee-lad, and Melee is probably one of my favorite games of all time. I made an account on smashboards a while ago, but have decided to quit lurking and join the community. Interested in ssb4 of course, but tbh I'm not holding my breath. Anyways, see you guys on the forum!

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
Hello people of SWF, I'm Sünta. I play brawl and I use an assortment of Characters, G&W, Dedede and Mario, to name a few. I hope I see some of you in the other parts of the forum and on the arena.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
Hey I go by Jethroo. Been playing smash games since 64 for fun, but wasn't until SSBB that i actually start to play a lot. Have yet to play in a serious tournament, but i would like to. I have played a good bit with all the character, but i have started focusing on playing with ZSS as my main and Pit as secondary.

Darkrai Lv.1000

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1934-0668-8939
I've been a member for a long while, but I'm just now coming back after around a 3 year absence. So why not reintroduce myself?

Hey guys, I'm Darkrai Lv.1000. I've been playing Smash since 64, but I'm still nowhere near "tournament good", which is one of my ultimate goals. I like to use all the characters in the games, but I do have my mains, which seem to change with each coming game. Next to Smash, I also love Zelda (my favorite game series), Pokemon, and Devil May Cry.

I hope to be on here more frequently this time. xD

numanumaking13

Smash Cadet
NNID
numanumaking21
Hello everyone! My name is numanumaking13, I have been playing since the original smash bros came out on the n64. My main in all three games is :kirbymelee:, although I am pretty good with some other characters as well. I never been to any tournaments of any smash bros game but I've always wanted too. Around my neighborhood I am pretty really good at this game, the only person who actually gives me a challenge is my brother. I am hoping with the new smash bros coming out on the Wii U I can start going into the competitive scene with some of my friends. If you wanna talk just message me and I'll be happy to talk back to you about smash bros!

Stormborn

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! I'm an avid Smash fan and this is my first time joining any kind of forum! Back when Brawl was in its incubation phase, I was a frequent lurker at the IGN Smash Bros. boards. It was really addicting and it was fun to read everyone's interactions and reactions. Now that Smash U is on the way, I find myself being transported to that time...But I've decided to throw in my two cents by joining up and getting into the conversation. Part of the reason is because a friend I know irl is and has been a member here in Smashboards for sometime (Birthnote). We're both artists and met in college and got to be better friends sharing our interest in Smash Bros.

All that said, we're in the midst of creating artwork for Smash Bros. to help pass the time and share our passion with you all. Be on the lookout! :)

AceStone

Smash Rookie
Hey, thought I'd sign up after 6 or so years of lurking. Pretty much just gonna copy paste some stuff from my info. " I've been lurking around these forums since about early 2007 or so and just finally decided to join. Always keeping with the debates and some drama I've seen around here. Seems just like the old forums I used to visit years ago. One of the main being The Under Square. I also came here for updates even though I'd go to the main Smash site for that, but I liked reading other's opinions and such....I'm an average gamer into mainly fighting, RPG and adventure games... I'm into the Arts. Whether it be cooking, drawing, graphics, theater, music, etc. Mainly the music though."

Aside from that, I'm glad I finally signed up and hopefully I'm as active as I was when I was younger on other forms.

Frnk

Smash Rookie
Hi guys ,

Frank here im from Holland,
and i want to join you guy's for a tournament
But i need a new Sparringbuddy

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Welcome to smashboards, Sunta, numaking13, jethroo, darkrai1000, Storm, acestone and frnk, if one of you are looking to brawl come to the arena which is in the welcome center, you can find brawls there. If there is any questions that you feel need to be answered, ask a moderator on the site.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
What's up everyone? I'm deadjames, I've been a smash player since 64, which I don't really play anymore, but I play Melee, Brawl, and Project M and I joined Smashboards to find some tourneys in my area, but I'm also down to play with anyone on wifi.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Hey! I'm Yoichi Hiruma!
As my name implies, I LOVE Eyeshield 21. I also love DBZ, Naruto, Buso Renkin, Saiyuki, and Case Closed.
My favorite games are Punch-Out Wii, Brawl, The Madden Series, and TF2 to name a few.
I do a lot of theatre and acting, and on Youtube, I am an up-and-coming countdown artist.

Medaka444

Smash Apprentice
After reading about the upcoming SSB game(s), I decided to go back to those games I loved as a kid. I bought a used copy of Brawl from the local shop, unlocked every character in short order - though Toon Link was very difficult, and loved it to death (especially the SSE). I ordered Melee from Amazon a few days ago, so it should arrive soon. I remembered why I loved this series: not just beloved characters, but such unique and chaotic gameplay. Too bad the series has a consistent problem with moveset clones.

I am not interested in the tournament scene in the slightest, but these advanced techniques intrigue me. Too bad I have bad reaction speed. When I heard that some players complained that Brawl was slow-paced, I was honestly shocked.

I hope to learn a lot here. Failing that, I could at least discuss a strange game series.

White Light

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone. I main PT and DK. I hope to have fun matches playing all of you in Brawl. I am excited for Smash 4, and am especially looking forward to the Villager character with his completely unique moveset.

TheNotSoShyGuy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheNotSoShyGuy
I am TheNotSoShyGuy, a person who has signed up for an account a while back, but I hope to be a bit more active from now on. I have played countless hours of each Smash Bros. I currently enjoy playing a lot of Project M, practicing by myself when I get the free time. I am a huge fan of almost all things Nintendo and I hope I can meet and play against some awesome people while I am here.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Hello Smashboards! After viewing the forums and being lazy for months, I decided to get an account. I've played Smash for many years, and I'm glad that I've finally decided to join the community! Most of the time I play Melee and Project M. >;3

Yan-Yan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yan-Yans
3DS FC
2921-9087-2933
Hi, I'm Yan-Yan but I registered here in 2011's but I disliked the username that I have back then but I'm actually new here since I haven't talk to anybody during that time! I'm a Kirby main, I really like to check out the Kirby boards! :)

Shout outs to MikeKirbles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom