• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Gravity

Smash Ace
Ok, that sucked. ive beem awake for the past 31 hours, and at work for the past 12 hours.

also, that 5 hour stuff ***** your body, i felt like ****, but awake, the whole time.

seriously, that thing made my blood pressure spike up to uncomfortable and dangerous levels

anyway, as soon as that **** wears off im gonna sleep. forever.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
And @ Brett: It's not your bed that's empty, it's the S&M cage that's beneath it. And by that I mean I have no idea wtf I'm saying.
Smash and Melee Cage?
I think Andy nailed it, lol. Btw, gj making it through work, lol.

The tournament at OU next Friday should be pretty good, it's hosted by Hanson. I'm going, and I could probably give some rides.

MGC was pretty great. I finally got to play Max Power, and Hanson and I played what would have been a pretty epic semifinal match (and was still pretty good) except for the fact that I killed myself twice the first game and the time limit (six minutes for four Brawl stocks!!!) ran out when I had the higher percent. Hanson won the tournament, beating Chris in the finals (two of the games ended up being decided by the ridiculous time limit, both in Hanson's favor [not that I'm bashing him or his performance or anything, it was just really lame to have matches decided by that]). The time limit really cut short some great matches, but oh well. GGs to everyone there, it was still fun. Sorry I couldn't give you a ride, Kevin, that was partly my fault for getting out the door so late.

Also, I think that I main Meta Knight now, lol. I find him really fun and effective to play, and Marth just isn't as effective/fun in Brawl, though I'll still play him, too.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Its ok, I'll just go to this next one. 6 min time limit is pretty bad, it should have been 10 at least in brawl. Guess you cant expect much from these mgc tournies.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
OH! 5 hour energy, I gotchya. <_< And if you look around, sometimes gas stations have something they like to call 36 hour energy which seems . . .

Sorry dude, and yeah that **** happens lol

<_< And I was going for sadism and masochism just to do whatever and stuff cause I"m not sure if people are serious lol

And I wanted to go to Hanson's tourney just for the Karaoke T_T Dangit.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
Despite the 6 minute time limit, the MGC people were pretty cool about the brackets. They probably did more work than they should have to make sure all the known norman people avoided chris haha.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
So work was epic fail, you remember how my boss said he NEEDED me, well there were 6 other servers there and the most anyone got was $15 (me), except for the people who had been there all day, but yeah, that manager is a **** anyway, If I'd have waited a few more minutes, the cool manager woulda answered and been like "don't wurry aboot it"

I think I can make it to the tourney, is it the 7th or the 14th though?

Ok, that sucked. ive beem awake for the past 31 hours, and at work for the past 12 hours.

also, that 5 hour stuff ***** your body, i felt like ****, but awake, the whole time.

seriously, that thing made my blood pressure spike up to uncomfortable and dangerous levels

anyway, as soon as that **** wears off im gonna sleep. forever.
At least you made it through your day lol.

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
I just remembered that I wont be able to make the tourny this weekend. I'll be in las vegas :(.
How depressing. With you gone, and Hanson not participating in his own tourney I guess I'll see Zinth in the finals? That's my prediction anyways. Of course I am wrong alot so who knows?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
<_< And I was going for sadism and masochism just to do whatever and stuff cause I"m not sure if people are serious lol
Yeah, I think we got that, lol :p

Despite the 6 minute time limit, the MGC people were pretty cool about the brackets. They probably did more work than they should have to make sure all the known norman people avoided chris haha.
This is true.

I think I can make it to the tourney, is it the 7th or the 14th though?
It's the 8th.

How depressing. With you gone, and Hanson not participating in his own tourney I guess I'll see Zinth in the finals? That's my prediction anyways. Of course I am wrong alot so who knows?
You mean I might actually win/place in a legit tournament?!?!? :crazy:

Gravity

Smash Ace
what tourny? where, when and what games are featured?

also yawara, i was thingking, my parents said you could stay but ill probably be working most if not all of the days youre here, but if you tell me what days ill ask for 1 or 2 off

in other words i forgot when youre coming. i also need to know when i should pick you up from the airport (if i even am)

INFORMATION, man, share it.

Gravity

Smash Ace
unless im ********, it still doesnt say when. it would say it even if i was, but whatever

anyway, im not gonna take off work for a brawl tourny. i probably wouldnt take off work for a melee tourny either, so whatever.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
unless im ********, it still doesnt say when. it would say it even if i was, but whatever

anyway, im not gonna take off work for a brawl tourny. i probably wouldnt take off work for a melee tourny either, so whatever.
Ah, it had the date but not the time, nor did it have the place, since I forgot that Facebook lists those things in a separate section, but I copied them over.

Hey Yawara, what is the response time of your LCD screen?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
It's the 16th guys, that's when I'm coming back so pick me up then. I'll probably tell you what time to pick me up later >_>

And IDK, but Alex, Brett, and I agree that it's amazing so go get it. There's no lag time IMO.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yeah, my parents were going to get me a like-sized LCD screen for graduation. The fastest, which they were looking at, is apparently five milliseconds, which is a response every .005 seconds, which shouldn't have any lag, since Brawl is 60 FPS, which is a frame every .0167 (3sf) seconds, and .005 < .0167. I just want to be sure that there won't be any lag, though.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Brawl doesn't lag dude.

We played Brawl (a friend and I) on this one samsung flatscreen, and we didn't think it lagged.

We got bored, popped in melee, HOLY ****! THE LAG WAS SO BAD!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Brawl actually does lag a bit on MGC's LCD screens, but maybe they're lower-end models or something.

You need to tell me the model of your LCD screen, or at least let me examine it when you get back.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Really, I'd just go to cnet and look up the models for what they believe to be the best LCD screens and then just buy them at like overstock.com or something. It's easy, the system works, and I can't get access to my TV till later <_<

Speaking of access, your computer son! Get it out!

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Dooze you guys have any tournaments planned for this fall? something epic? My friend is visiting OK and wants me to join him and I would like to get some brolling done.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
m2k sucks. He isn't good. He is just consistently lucky. n00b

Alex, no information for today about that tourney date, but I should know by tomorrow.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
That M2K is frighteningly good, alright.

Nintendo Wi-Fi connection is so stupid. It's like the least convenient online system ever. Especially with Brawl, that's probably the worst.

Shade_

Smash Ace
They should have done online brawl the same way they did metroid hunters. That was great. But yeah their wifi needs a lot of work. That was the only upsetting thing about brawl for me.

Also bryan bring "the hottest party" to our dormitory room.

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
eh id prolly get owned if i went, but it sounds like fun

id get paired up with chris -___- it would be about right lol

and i dont really know how he is in brawl, but prolly still as good >___>

ill prolly go if its close

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lol, I'll bring DDR, but could the people in the room below us hear us playing it?

I've actually started playing on the All is Brawl ladder, since it's pretty easy, even though Wi-Fi is indeed fail.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Bryan, Hanson says to bring a set up.
I am.

I just remembered where I'm going... Las Vegas. Time to become even more amazing at smash.:laugh:
****, we're boned, lol.

I found out later the other guy I was playing denied you joining the room, sorry about that bryan :(
It's cool, I figured that was what happened.

Also, on that note, if anyone ever tries to join a game I'm in and gets rejected, the only reason I would have rejected you is if I was playing a ladder/tournament match, which is probably what I'll be doing most of the time nowdays.

Top Bottom