• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

pay$$$$

Smash Rookie
OMG WHY IS EVERY ONE QUITTING? i just dont get it, i will never quit not even if i get JV5 stocked by aman(he does not play smash) SO 1 STOP BEING BITC HES GOD DAM N SOON ITS JUST GOING TO BE ME AND ZINTH!!!!! 2 we will see how long babac will quit 4. i say 1 maybe 2 hours 3 at most. its babacs time of the month. so get so papper and shove up in your **** y and get on with smash that goes for all of you guys!!!!!!!

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
like i said, i'm not really quitting. I'm just going on hiatus until brawl comes out. I don't see a point in playing melee when brawl may be completely different.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I'll see if thats possible. Although I won't get back to UCO until tonight, but when I get back, I'll ask to see if I can reserve a room(s). Just let me know a good date for everyone and I'll try to get something going.

Also my house is open to anyone this Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday(wednesday I'll have too much school work to do, to have anything at my parents house). I'll be home at 3pm to let anyone who wants to play smash in(or just to visit, whatever. I'll probably be doing schoolwork though, but I will jump in for a match everyone now and then). On Tuesday and Thursday once I let you guys in, I'll have to head back to UCO to finish my last class then I will head back. My parents are on vacation but they said it was ok to have people over, as long as they didn't destroy the house. I'll go out and buy some soda, chips and some Pizza.

But in order for this to work out, I'll need to know how many people are coming. Or if anyone can come at all for that matter.

My cell phone number is 343-6833 if you need to get a hold of me.

My parent's address is 7508 N.W. 113th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73162.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
ROFL Andy, where the hell did you find that picture?!?! It feels like I've seen it before, but maybe I'm thinking about when I saw it earlier today... I seem to get short-term deja-vu like that -_-

Anyway Chris, we're going to Smash this week.

chibit89

Smash Cadet
Hey yo,

This is Chibi (real name: Thanh) and I'm new to the scene. I've met some of ya'll and I appreciate you guys being nice and welcoming me. Every year, there is a tournament called:

"Oklahoma State Championships" (OSC) and we play the popular games off of the EVO line up.

I plan on running this early Nov. (I have to check OU football) and I would really like to work with you guys on incorporating Melee into this year's line up. Also, since Brawl is coming out, this could be the last big Melee Tourney.

Thus, I'd like to see from you guys:
- interest
- planners: if Chris can get a room at UCO for free, i wont have to charge a "registration fee"
- also the place used for OHSNAP3, that was a really cool place, is there a chance we could use that?
- I'm a newb at smash so i'd like u guys to review a list of rules, i'll prolly cut and paste OHSNAP rules
- thoughts/criticism

thanks for reading.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
That's a very positive thought you've got there Auddy...
Who knows I could move from 19 up to 15.
It's not top ten but it's something.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I barely have time to squeeze in internet time (and I read at a kindergarten level) , so I'll just skip all the posts since my last one (I hear people are quitting, I don't know who in particular, but I hope not :eek: unless it's pay$! Haha, j/k, no luv, no luv).

Remember to support the scene. OSC looks like a great place to start collaborating with the other competitive gamers, and this could lead to much bigger things. I know that just the immense popularity of Brawl will bring the people, but it's up to organizers to show them the "way" of competitive smash. While the casual players have that "initial" interest, they'll be less likely to be discouraged in the aspect of competitive smash. This is when we gotta strike, and we have to impress them that there's a good scene here in Oklahoma.

This is like one of the worst times to quit, since there's so much going on: okwiffle's tournament, OSC, Superpoptart's MWC bi-weeklies (if there's enough interest), and MGC Dallas (sigh). Just remember how much we anticipated the first Oklahoma tournament when it was announced!

Brandon, I got my money on you taking first at one of these! Go For Broke!

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Pablo, if you are reading this, I am quitting and so is Andy. So thats: Coty, Alex, YOU, Me, and Andy that have left OK smash, 5 out of the top 10.

Pablo, I can see you dont have much time and even less on the internet, but I gotta talk to you.

Gravity

Smash Ace
hmm, dont think im gone or whatever, i may still attend the occasional smash event...but as of sometime today i see no reason to play it anymore.

ill still check the boards out of habit and ill still be on aim, so im not dead.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Everyone's leaving!
Bryan, Po, Paemon, Chubs, and Chris
We need to keep OK Smash alive, or at least twitching.
Chris any luck on finding out if you can reserve a room for cheapz?
Chubs, when do you think you could hold another weekly?

C'MOOOOOOOOOON

BTW something funny things happened to me over the weekend,
I Falcon PUNSHED a Marth on Poke Floats,
...Dolphin Slashed right into it...

And taunt KOd Tire's Falcon
...SHOW ME YA MOVES.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Kyle, don't worry, the Pimpest ain't goin' nowhere anytime soon. I've got to get into the Top Three on the Power Rankings someday...

Oh and then there's this:

Hazygoose is AWESOME. End. Of. Discussion.

pay$$$$

Smash Rookie
i quitting too,im not going to see ur post about how bad i am or that im gay or that i suck ball im sick of that ****. i will no longer play smash at ALL!!!! i wont go on boards any more, i wont talk to u guys , and i wont play smash at all. i was one of the best and people just kept looking down on me well no more. hope to never see u guys agen!

Scud

Smash Apprentice
lol......something makes me not believe that.
I'm NOT quitting!!!! I hope to continue playing when brawl is out as well. wooo smash is fun!

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Well then, I guess you won't see this then:

Paemon sucks big fat donkey balls and is a retared crack baby who can't play Smash, unless of course, playing Smash means being a near-sighted homosexual half-breed who isn't fit to hold my used condoms that were employed during the time I ***** his entire family, including all of Babac's animals, and then, himself all the while screaming, 'NO JOHNS' while 'Chocolate Rain' was playing in the background because his short bus riding *** was on Youtube watching that **** for the eight millionth time in a row... Oh, and he is stupid and I look down on him.

GG no RE, PayHereNow...

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Did you all see this?

Hey yo,

This is Chibi (real name: Thanh) and I'm new to the scene. I've met some of ya'll and I appreciate you guys being nice and welcoming me. Every year, there is a tournament called:

"Oklahoma State Championships" (OSC) and we play the popular games off of the EVO line up.

I plan on running this early Nov. (I have to check OU football) and I would really like to work with you guys on incorporating Melee into this year's line up. Also, since Brawl is coming out, this could be the last big Melee Tourney.

Thus, I'd like to see from you guys:
- interest
- planners: if Chris can get a room at UCO for free, i wont have to charge a "registration fee"
- also the place used for OHSNAP3, that was a really cool place, is there a chance we could use that?
- I'm a newb at smash so i'd like u guys to review a list of rules, i'll prolly cut and paste OHSNAP rules
- thoughts/criticism

thanks for reading.
We should seriously get in on that action, it may bring in some much needed new blood to the scene. Anybody else interested?

thechubbss12

Smash Cadet
Man.. Paymoney jst got *****... Well as for weeklys... as soon as the Car is fixed....

Too be honest i have NEVER had this much troubles with 1 car in my life...... Once you get a Honda fixed it goes for year... but its that getting it fixed part that is rediculess.... I grew up working on american cars and now that ive grown to like the Tunner scene i realise why they call it tunning... Cause Trial and Error is the only thing that work LOL....

Looks interesting Po... ill make sure and Try to check it out...

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
Wohoo! I'm back!

wee! I'm finally able to get back on. that flood tore up our phone service so I had to go without internet, except at school, for over half a month. couldn't get on here at school so...

So what's been going on since I was missin'?

Little_Chuckles

Smash Cadet
im so disappointed in you smashers...
so disappointed...

especially in pablo...
i never got to play him
[even tho i suck]

Gravity

Smash Ace
being disappointed in a smasher because they are deciding that there are more important things in life than smash is pretty stupid.

on top of that, i think its selfish. so what if pablo doesnt want to play games or smash anymore? thats no reason to be disappointed. i cant really express myself well enough right now to get what im trying to say across...

i guess what im trying to say is that looking down on someone for quitting smash is pretty bad...something like that...im really tired so whatever..

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
We're not upset so much that you're not playing games so much as that . . . you're not around. We respect your decision to do whatever but it'd be cool to hear from you once ever so often.

Gravity

Smash Ace
oh...well, im not speaking for everyone, but i still plan to be around...but getting better isnt why ill be playing anymore...just the social aspect, and playing on hyrule with items on very high...or maybe super sudden death mode? who knows...but i still plan to go hang out with all you guys...

Top Bottom