• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

po pimpus

Smash Ace
YOU CAN'T HAVE KELLY, FORREST, DAMN YOU!! Actually, you may have a better shot at Kelly than I would... She was recently spotted getting cozy with a scrawny white guy in public, but he didn't have your epic hair, lolz.
Speaking of epic hair, where is my adopted son, Dillon? The youngest smasher and the oldest one must meet up once more! BTW, do you have a partner for teams at OHSNAP, my boy? I'm still in the market for a teammate, and I think you and I could play spoiler and ruin some peoples' shots at winning, haha...

As far as this weekend, a Smashfest would be a most excellent idea, seeing as I have Saturday off this week. Maybe I could even come down Friday and camp out(read: be a bum) at someone's place, Smashing the night away like the olden days. But it depends on whether or not Chris and I go to Kansas for this SSIV tourney... We'll see, my boys, we will see.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Woah po you older than me? Makes me feel warm inside.

Also, I probably have a chance because black chicks dig me, idk why. My gf is like this crazy mix of half chocolate booty with a creamy vanilla RETRACTABLE FACEPLATE AND 4 GHOSTLY ARMS! Everybody thinks she's asian though. <3s.

IDK If i can host saturday cuz thats probably when im GOING TO TRON! and a party that night. I'd like to find time to show up wherever its at, of course neither me nore bryan have cars in good running condition so....idk.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone going to be at the union tonight? I want to know what to anticipate.
No, we are going to be in McCasland Tower basement tonight. Thats in the north western side of Adam's center

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...code_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQ8gEwAA

We will undoubtedly be smashing, especially later in the evening. however we will probably be beginning the evening with some mario kart, mario party, and other party friendly games.

Around 9:00 I plan to show the original Tron movie, if you haven't seen it, you should! Esp before seeing the new one which I'm super psyched about, I want it to be my favorite movie ever (break my 10 year record of the original matrix!)

DualCats

Smash Ace
No, we are going to be in McCasland Tower basement tonight. Thats in the north western side of Adam's center

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&s...code_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBQQ8gEwAA

We will undoubtedly be smashing, especially later in the evening. however we will probably be beginning the evening with some mario kart, mario party, and other party friendly games.

Around 9:00 I plan to show the original Tron movie, if you haven't seen it, you should! Esp before seeing the new one which I'm super psyched about, I want it to be my favorite movie ever (break my 10 year record of the original matrix!)
Oh shit. That's alright. At what time should I show up?

(also: original Matrix ftw)

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
really? i always thought revolutions was way better

/troll
I actually think reloaded has the highest points in the trilogy, but overall the original is better.

If you want to watch Tron cats (WHICH YOU DO IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT ZOMG) show up by 9, otherwise show up whenever, me, james, and tommy will be there pretty early, probably by 7:30 or 8.

DualCats

Smash Ace
I'll show up early just for whatever reason. I have seen the original Tron but it's probably been ten years or so since then. o__o

really? i always thought revolutions was way better

/troll
You mean that movie with the best ending EVER?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Just because I'm a nice dude, and I like to impart information to the future generations: Never, ever ever, never ever ever take Prof Fears' Freedom in Greece/Rome class(es).

They are not good. They are overhyped.

Unless you suck at school because the dude doesn't actually grade his tests and assigns arbitrary numbers until the final, in which case he just rolls a die and figures out what grade you should get.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
We should all go to that Dallas tourney on the 27th.

Especially you Forest cause you need to do some networking if you wanna attract numbers to tourneys.

[edit]

Also, I've finally decided a good strat to run so we can record for combo vids.

We'll just go down the tierlist, recording an individual for a few hours that day while everyone rotates versus him (rotating characters maybe?) while he plays his main only. That way it's not only good practice for the guy on the spot and good practice for Oh Snap, but it'll give us plenty of **** combo video footage since he'll probably get mad warmed up.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
There's this girl I like that lives a floor below me in our tower dorm. She just got back from her Calculus final, I just got back from shopping.

We chit-chat for a bit, we talk about our averages and final from the one class we share, we talk about our finals tomorrow. It's not so bad.

When I'm about to walk up the stairs to my floor, I ask her specifically if "she's coming back to the college next semester," as if there was a high chance that she might leave, and as if there was a tiiiiiny possibility that I want her to stay for reasons known to myself.

Yeah, I'm real smooth.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
im sorry josh

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

but you could have followed up ont hat one.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHA

Didn't want to embarrass myself and herself any further, since the girls from her dorm were starting to crowd up, all at once for some damn reason, at the elevator lobby where me and her were mingling. SHUT UP.

bbl, I'm gonna take my Medicine notes and just crash at her floor door and hope she comes out.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
oh well, you still talked to her. which i think i could say is more than a lot of other people would have done.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I've told myself that if I see her any time tomorrow, I'm asking her out to lunch, or dinner, or a drink, or something.

We'll see if I can get myself to do it.

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I've told myself that if I see her any time tomorrow, I'm asking her out to lunch, or dinner, or a drink, or something.

We'll see if I can get myself to do it.
You just gotta stick your **** in her Sonic. Has always worked for me!

Srsly tho,
A friend of mine used to do what he calls coffee dates. They are totally relaxed coffee (or tea) dates in which you just go to a cafe and talk over coffee, then it doesn't feel like a forced romantic setting. He hooked up with a couple of them and eventually found a girlfriend. (That eventually ended, now he runs around the country going for one night stands...wtf? But the coffee date seemed to be working for him before he started treating women like trash, which of course seems to net him more women! lawl)

personally I've found formal dating pretty ineffective, asking her to your place for a movie which provides a personal setting has always worked better for me than dates. If you can find a common interest you can almost always find a movie to recommend. Dates in theaters are restaurants are always awkward because you have put yourself in an artificially romantic environment that happens to be full of people you don't know! Dates feel uncomfortable being open about their personal lives in public, and of course things can't get hot and heavy in a public situation like that. A really good date is also laser tag.

MCSR

Smash Apprentice
You just gotta stick your **** in her Sonic. Has always worked for me!

Srsly tho,
A friend of mine used to do what he calls coffee dates. They are totally relaxed coffee (or tea) dates in which you just go to a cafe and talk over coffee, then it doesn't feel like a forced romantic setting. He hooked up with a couple of them and eventually found a girlfriend. (That eventually ended, now he runs around the country going for one night stands...wtf? But the coffee date seemed to be working for him before he started treating women like trash, which of course seems to net him more women! lawl)

personally I've found formal dating pretty ineffective, asking her to your place for a movie which provides a personal setting has always worked better for me than dates. If you can find a common interest you can almost always find a movie to recommend. Dates in theaters are restaurants are always awkward because you have put yourself in an artificially romantic environment that happens to be full of people you don't know! Dates feel uncomfortable being open about their personal lives in public, and of course things can't get hot and heavy in a public situation like that. A really good date is also laser tag.
Works every time.
/being 14

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
After 10:00 tomorrow, I'm gonna be free, and I know Andy doesn't have work and Bryan you shouldn't distract your girlfriend before her hardest final so everyone should get together and play tomorrow.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I have Donkey Kong on my Game Boy Advance.

Maybe I should play that.

I haven't seen the girl all day today. Guess I'll just wait until next semester :(

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
I haven't seen the girl all day today. Guess I'll just wait until next semester :(
do you know her room number? just knock on her door and ask her to get coffee/a drink. if she's an attractive female chances are she's dealt with more forward advances than that.

We'll just go down the tierlist, recording an individual for a few hours that day while everyone rotates versus him (rotating characters maybe?) while he plays his main only. That way it's not only good practice for the guy on the spot and good practice for Oh Snap, but it'll give us plenty of **** combo video footage since he'll probably get mad warmed up.
^ that's actually a really good idea. i'm getting an HD recording setup for xmas, so you guys should wait for me to start this process :p i don't know who all wants a combo vid. not me, but i think kosy's at least is LONG overdue :D i also owe brett one. a couple other would be cool too for sure.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Me being direct is neeeever gonna happen. I'm too shy to do **** like that.

.....which could be the reason why I haven't had a relationship before.

IT'S A VICIOUS CYCLE.

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
You know what you should do? Not dwell on it. You're bound to run into her again, even if it isn't until next semester. She probably lives far away and you wouldn't be able to see her over the break anyway. If you know her name, you could try adding her on fb.

DualCats

Smash Ace
We should all go to that Dallas tourney on the 27th.

Especially you Forest cause you need to do some networking if you wanna attract numbers to tourneys.

[edit]

I'm pretty sure I still have your **** in my trunk. > <

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
You know what you should do? Not dwell on it. You're bound to run into her again, even if it isn't until next semester. She probably lives far away and you wouldn't be able to see her over the break anyway. If you know her name, you could try adding her on fb.
:3

Yeah, she lives in Dallas, iirc, so no chance to do anything with her anyway for the next month.

But still, a month...

Triforce Of Chozo

Smash Ace
A month where you can relax, forget about school and girls, refresh and recharge. And play smash. You could also use the latter half of the break to prepare for any particularly hard classes you may have next semester. And play smash.

Edit: Keep meaning to bring this up, but Brawl players--is anybody interested in going to Dakpo's tourney on the 8th? Amarillo isn't that far, and we'd probably do pretty well at it. Tom could win the minus tournament (which probably doesn't have a prize lol).
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=292602

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
I might be down for doing melee on the 27th if your talking about that little one near DFW. I can probably scrounge up 10 bucks and a few for gas. Who else is interested?

I fell asleep (i've only had like 10 hours in the last 5 days) so now I have to go move the GFs dorms I hope I get to play tonight. I heard Kosy might be coming down so I'd like to play with him and Tom. I was thinking about smashing at my place sun but IDK yet.

Top Bottom