• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Shade_

Smash Ace
I thought tyranno was zeb, but zeb has a new account, so why is tyranno still posting? I'm confused...... (>_<). My friend started using those in their emails, so I thought I'd give smiles a try since I never do. lol.

Anyway, bryan I think it simply because we don't seem to push ourselves as hard anymore to practice smash much. And you don't really.....like .........brawl you just play it cus its what the things is now, and when things start getting cheap you just concentrate on how bad the game is and don't care about mind games anymore.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lol @ Kevin using smilies. And maybe you're right. I've also noticed, though, that, like, during friendlies I tend to be more thoughtful and tricky (at least in Melee), while in tournament matches I'm like, "kick his ***, kick his ***", so I probably don't think quite as much, lol. Also, my dad got a rug for our dorm room.

Man, I love my LCD screen. I can't wait to bring it to a Smash event. I'm already booked this Friday, though.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Rugs aren't useful lol Hope you don't get a carpet dorm though. I had one, and it was disgusting to look at . . .

And also Bryan, remember I'm bringing like luggage so . . .

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
I didn't want to rain on the carpet parade, but since you did I'll go ahead and advise against it. I never lived in the dorms, but I figured the advantage of having a tile dorm is that if you spill something you can clean it up rather easily. Plus the space in the dorms ive been in doesn't really seem to accomodate for one very well.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
If you havn't seen cup stacking yet you are like 50 years old......
I'm moving into my apartment today, and my g/f got back yesterday! woots!!

Bryan, just calm down and focus on what you think your opponent is going to do lolz.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
So Evo was a blast. I got to play SFIV and Blaze Blue(guilty gear type game) among other games that I had no idea existed and I got some amazing t-shirts from evo for free.

Ken got 2nd because he lost to some scrub ROB player >_>(actually the ROB player was really good, I just wanted Ken to win). Items are ******** and stuff like that and should be banned in tournies, but it made SOME of the matches quite interesting.

I placed top 16 and I lost to Meta Knight... Now I know what you guys are thinking "OMG ITS METAKNIGHT, YOU LOSE LOLZ!" I was actually ****** the **** out him and he was a really good metaknight its just...he got the smashball...all three lives...so yeah. No hard feelings though. Also as a side note, a peach player that got top 8, I beat twice in the tourny >_>. How does that work? lol

I got my *** kicked in 3rd Strike by Nuki and by other good players. Wasn't expecting to win that haha. Also 3rd Strike Finals were sooooooooooooo boring. 1 hour and 30 minutes of Chun Li vs Chun Li. I like Chun Li and all but... thats a bit much, even for me >_>. Nuki ended up winning that tourny.

My Peach is now amazing in brawl (I got to play a lot of rounds with $Bone$, a really good peach player and we were pretty much even, then we did double peach teams and ***** all :)).

Overall, Brawl is a good game with many glitches and stuff that make me want to cry but I am willing to get better at it, because its actually in all honesty, a pretty fun game.

Note: There weren't any Metaknights in top 8 >_>. That tells you how much that character blows :laugh:.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
When I get nervous in tourneys, I hit buttons as quickly as possible which is a fail strategy for everyone except like Fox <_<

I was told this a few days ago cause I was ****** the hell out of two other players and was comboing harder than I ever did but when the pressure got on cause they wanted to record my combos, I lost lol

xFr3nLixPhYr3x

Smash Rookie
I hope the results I read were accurate else I will look quite foolish, here goes nothing. Woot Falco represent! 4th place at evo.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I also know where Brett's name came from now.

The dog from Toy Story >__________>

Not like a missile.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I didn't even know Scud meant anything or stood for anything when I chose it. I really just thought the word sounded cool and "made it up" myself lol. Good try though.

Awesome job Chris :).

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
<_<

Your avatar should be the dog from toy story anyway. It's like a dog so you think it's cute, but then it eats toys and trips children. Much like you.

Z

Zorgon

Awesome, Kosmos!

And Kevin, WTF? Why would I have that avatar? I'm not Tyrannosaurus! I am Zorgon!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
*Pokémon Trainer voice* Amazing job, Charizard Chris!

There's my Smash pun of the day -_-

Brawl is actually pretty fun, as much as I ***** about it. And while it doesn't have actual combos, like Fogo said, the combos that are in it are all a result of you predicting your opponent. I wish that they had at least kept dash dancing in, though. And who the **** thought that tripping was a good idea? OhwaititwasSakurai >_<

And Yoshi is definitely not bottom tier.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Which reminds me, after I beat Bwett in the second game with Marth, my heart was beating incredibly fast. Looking back, it's funny that a video game can induce such physiological excitement. Too bad I had to completely blow it by going Meta Knight the third game <_<

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Well, I did think it was logical at the time. I felt that he'd counterpick with Falco had I gone Marth, and I didn't really want to fight his Falco, let alone with not-Meta Knight (though I had forgotten that Marth can escape the chain grab). However, the big kicker was that people from Dallas are apparently good against Meta Knight. And I was like, "I'll just space well and play carefully and I can do it," but I guess that didn't really happen, especially since I kept accidentally going into a glide >_<

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I guess I should play online more often; while the lag makes it so that no one can play his or her best, it's still small enough to allow for mindgames, at which I need to get better. I just need to focus on the improving aspect rather than the ranking aspect.

That was probably my plan also when I played you at MGC, haha.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Which reminds me, after I beat Bwett in the second game with Marth, my heart was beating incredibly fast. Looking back, it's funny that a video game can induce such physiological excitement. Too bad I had to completely blow it by going Meta Knight the third game <_<
Mwhahahaha, you cannot mess with the eggs, son! Good games, though ;). Btw, I'll probably be lurking around Oklahoma thread, watching what you say about Texas lol. And I accept all arm wrestling money matches. I already have one with Thien

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Mwhahahaha, you cannot mess with the eggs, son! Good games, though ;). Btw, I'll probably be lurking around Oklahoma thread, watching what you say about Texas lol. And I accept all arm wrestling money matches. I already have one with Thien
Lol, I figured that you and Fogo would be lurking around here, as I lurk around the Dallas thread, lol.

Man, online sucks, I'm not even sure if it's worth it for practice :dizzy:

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I think you're right, it really just sucks for playing. The effectiveness of characters gets shuffled around, and spammy/campy playstyles become augmented, while the rest become downgraded.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
And while it doesn't have actual combos, like Fogo said, the combos that are in it are all a result of you predicting your opponent.
That's why they call me the yoda of dallas :) May the force be with you lol

However, the big kicker was that people from Dallas are apparently good against Meta Knight.
Marth is always a better choice in dallas my friend, i think we proved that to you, thoroughly. lol

Lol, I figured that you and Fogo would be lurking around here, as I lurk around the Dallas thread, lol.
You figured right!

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Po Decides to Post!!

What up, peeps? Well, Chris, I'm glad to hear you had a good time in Vegas... You still can't beat me though :laugh: I probably would have taken Brawl @ EVO, but I heard Ken was coming and decided he needed a big return fanfare, so I stayed away and lost to small children at Hanson's tourney... ;)

Bwett and Fogo: Good games, gentlemen. I definitely need to make my way to Dallas sometime to play y'all without SDing fifty times in a row... :(

Kuni: Man, we make a **** good team! I really think we should team up again... Wolf/Falco/Luigi all day, son.

I'll be back with more, so stay tuned.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
That's why they call me the yoda of dallas :) May the force be with you lol

Marth is always a better choice in dallas my friend, i think we proved that to you, thoroughly. lol

You figured right!
1) Well, I do use only sword-wielding characters, lol. 2) Yeah, even though I get wrecked in Marth vs. Dedede, I think I'd rather go Marth against you, lol. 3) I figured correctly, you mean ;) Yeah, I'm a grammar-tyrant :laugh:

Max Power, I don't think Facebook chat is working; you just keep saying "whatup", even though I'm responding.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Brawl's fine if you don't care about winning at least it is for me <_<

And as for Melee, I'm pretty happy with the way my game is now :p I'm actually pretty confident, though that'll probably be shattered first by Bryan on Saturday.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Brawl's fine if you don't care about winning at least it is for me <_<

And as for Melee, I'm pretty happy with the way my game is now :p I'm actually pretty confident, though that'll probably be shattered first by Bryan on Saturday.
Lol, I wouldn't bank too much on that, but I'll try :p

Also, Brawl is just like Batman:

Meta Knight = The Dark Knight
Wario = The Joker
King Dedede = The Penguin
Zero Suit Samus = Catwoman?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Ok, it's incredibly rough, but that's all I had to work with. Meta Knight wears a mask and has bat wings, Wario is always grinning and laughs a lot, Dedede is a penguin with a carrying-object that serves multiple functions (hammer, extends, drills, rocket, likened to the Penguin's multi-purpose umbrellas), and Zero Suit is a babe in a skin-tight outfit with a whip. Hell, New Pork City is equivalently like Gotham. Someone actually gave me a reasoning once of why Wario wasn't like the Joker, and it made sense, but I don't remember it at the moment so forget that.

They should have put Batman in Brawl, though. He would have been more broken than a DBZ fusion of Meta Knight and Snake, but it would have been awesome.

By the way, here's something someone on Slashdot said that T-Rex brought to my attention:
Some Slashdot commenter said:
The real trouble in Gotham is that doctor at the psych ward who keeps saying things like, 'Yeah, I think the Joker is rehabilitated now.' Batman should just fight that guy.

Top Bottom