• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay, this **** is annoying.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I enjoy playing Smash Bros. I really do. My friends do too. But there's this one guy in particular that has really been getting to me lately.

I chaingrab him, he says it's lame. I Pan-spike him with GaW, it's lame. I bair edgeguard with MArio. I even TOUCH the Ice Climbers(my mains), and he says he hopes they're not in any future smash Bros because they're so cheap. I bair edgeguard with Mewtwo, it's lame. I pillar with my Falco, he hates it. I waveshine to shinespike, it's soooooo lame.

He mains CF, Samus, Marth and Link. He spin-spikes me, it's a-okay. He projectile spams, it's fine. He plays his Marth against my MEWTWO, he doesn't expect me to win BAMN(barring cheap tactics).

This is really aggravating because the things that I do require more timing, precision and just overall skill than what he does. This is no knock against his skill because he's a decent player. I'm thinking about just playing my Ice Climbers, chaingrabbing him and saying, "****ing deal with it". >_>

Sorry if this is spam but I just needed to vent.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The only thing I have a problem is chaingrabbing. I know it's a legit, I just don't like it.

But anyway, tell your friend to grow up. Getting better is better than whining.

180OP

Smash Journeyman
Don't listen to his bull**** and just **** him.

I don't like chaingrabbing either. It's ok for 2 consecutive grabs but 3 times and beyond is gay. it is ridiculuous if you can take 20% or more from CG. But if it's a tourney, you gotta do what you gotta do. There's money on the line.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Don't listen to his bull**** and just **** him.

I don't like chaingrabbing either. It's ok for 2 consecutive grabs but 3 times and beyond is gay. it is ridiculuous if you can take 20% or more from CG. But if it's a tourney, you gotta do what you gotta do. There's money on the line.
It's gotten to the point where I don't even chain grab him with my ICs anymore. I'm working on maintaining a desynch combo but it's pretty hard.

but LOTS of characters can chaingrab. Not just ICs. Hell, I was screwing around and chaingrabbed a friend with YOUNG LINK last night. It was there that he said that he hated chaingrabbing soooo much. Dude, I'm using Young Link against your CF. shut up.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Yeah, seriously. Next time you play him, use everything he hates. Go all out. CG is one of IC's awesome points!! Its like when me and my brother were playing Tekken.
Him: "Wow, why do you do that ****?"
Me: "what?"
Him: "Where you always get me in the air and just keep hitting me. I never do that **** to you"
Me: "Why not?"

PLAY TO WIN!!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
The only thing I have a problem is chaingrabbing. I know it's a legit, I just don't like it.

But anyway, tell your friend to grow up. Getting better is better than whining.
How come you don't like it Mic?

Its escapable with proper DI, i mean sure you might get grabbed to twenty or thirty.. but thats like two aerials... I mean i guess i could understand your frustration but you gotta deal with it.

Thankfully it seems you do instead of complaining about it like half the other people.

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
Tell him to stuff it and deal, if he doesn't like it, bash him with it until he's forced to find a way to counter your "hax cheap noob skillz".

~rh

Smash Lord
I enjoy playing Smash Bros. I really do. My friends do too. But there's this one guy in particular that has really been getting to me lately.

I chaingrab him, he says it's lame. I Pan-spike him with GaW, it's lame. I bair edgeguard with MArio. I even TOUCH the Ice Climbers(my mains), and he says he hopes they're not in any future smash Bros because they're so cheap. I bair edgeguard with Mewtwo, it's lame. I pillar with my Falco, he hates it. I waveshine to shinespike, it's soooooo lame.

He mains CF, Samus, Marth and Link. He spin-spikes me, it's a-okay. He projectile spams, it's fine. He plays his Marth against my MEWTWO, he doesn't expect me to win BAMN(barring cheap tactics).

This is really aggravating because the things that I do require more timing, precision and just overall skill than what he does. This is no knock against his skill because he's a decent player. I'm thinking about just playing my Ice Climbers, chaingrabbing him and saying, "****ing deal with it". >_>

Sorry if this is spam but I just needed to vent.
Do that. It will feel very good, and you can be somewhat amused by his expression or reaction. I sure as hell know I would :laugh:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Its escapable with proper DI, i mean sure you might get grabbed to twenty or thirty.. but thats like two aerials... I mean i guess i could understand your frustration but you gotta deal with it.

Thankfully it seems you do instead of complaining about it like half the other people.

I don't like the fact that for about 30 seconds I can't do squat, since my opponents can chain throw, then tech-chase and repeat. Fortunately I only fall for it with 1 or 2 characters. I can get out of it, but I just don't like it. A happy medium between Melee and SSB64's throws would make me a happy Smasher.

PeachyPeach

Smash Rookie
While i'm not a huge fan of chain grabbing (mostly because it's so easy to do that to Link), it's something he needs to deal with. He'll eventually learn to avoid it, just tell him it's for training!

I have a friend who every time he loses/ is doing bad he blames it something other than his skills. "The controller didn't work!" It gets irritating but I just laugh it off.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
People like that are rather irritating. Whenever my buddy looses at anything its always because "oh that is a cheap move, oh the computer is so cheap (yeah you heard me right), that move is hax". Shame he just sucks at the game.

Even my bro who is good at smash bros will ***** every time I beat him. One time we had 20 concecutive marth on marth matches. Marth used to be his main, and he was pissed when I beat him, so he asked for a rematch, then another, then another. Every match complaining even more. Got frustrating and he's almost stopped playing Melee completely since then.

Some people are just dinks. So kick their arse and just tune out the complaining.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Choose Pichu and play against his main. My one friend always used to say "Marth is so cheap, i can't win cuz of his range". I tried to explain to him that i had more skill than him but he still kept complaining. So I choose pichu and played against his main (CF) and I won. He finally shut up and realized that he is a noob.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
LOL, when I get angry in melee, I'm usually angry at myself. I say things like "****it, Chris, what are you doing?! You suck!". I try my best not to john.

And Whiterob, isn't beating his mains with my Mewtwo/bowser enough? I don't feel like learning Pichu, lol.

Alpha, is beating his Link with my Young Link close to the same as beating him in a ditto?

Miharu

Smash Hero

Chaingrabs aren't escapable. They're called chaingrabs for a good reason.

Just tell your friend to shut up and deal with it.

Seison

Smash Journeyman
NO JOHNS, son.

If this guy complains about every single tactic that gets him pwned, then he needs to realize that Smash probably isn't a game he should be playing. Tell him to suck it up and show him some pro vids on youtube.

If you're going to play smash competitively, and this goes for anyone, you need to understand that NOTHING in smash bros is cheap. Play to win or GTFO. (ok ok playing for fun is ok too, but you still can't whine about "cheap" tactics)

darkshy

Smash Ace
He's just a *******. He's must be one of those people who loves to beat noobs, but thinks that the person cheated if he loses. **** him I say.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
And Whiterob, isn't beating his mains with my Mewtwo/bowser enough? I don't feel like learning Pichu, lol.
Don't worry...if you are more skilled than him, you will win. I don't even play Pichu but I've done the "play against noob with Pichu" route for various reasons and won every time.

If you have trouble, just crouch a lot and uair him a lot. The crouches will make him miss annoy him, and the uairs will annoy further :chuckle:

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Play with Luigi and give him a STFUppercut.
You make me smile :laugh:

As for your whiny friend over there, tell him there's no reason for him not to do all that stuff back. By the way, if he's complaining about this, he can hardly be a "good player" as you say. Nothing in smash bros is unfair except the IC freeze glitch (which you should not be using). Marth's tippers, the shine, chainthrowing...yeah, their all cheap, but not unfair. SSBM, like most fighting games, often comes down to who can use cheap tactics more efficiently, as strange as it sounds.

If that dosn't work, choose Pichu and beat him using a single attack xD. As 56K said, don't worry about learning Pichu. If you're better then he is at the game, you'll win the fight no matter who you're using.

Repryx

Smash Champion
He's A Johner lolz Let Him win for a day then Crush his Dreams the next...
Simple, Clean n Mean as ****

wonnage

Smash Rookie
Why bother playing with him then? It's not like either of you are getting better. It doesn't sound very fun either. This is more of a social problem than a smash problem...

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
LOL, when I get angry in melee, I'm usually angry at myself. I say things like "****it, Chris, what are you doing?! You suck!". I try my best not to john.

Alpha, is beating his Link with my Young Link close to the same as beating him in a ditto?
Crush him by picking up Fox and waveshining his Link to oblivion. Then learn Peach and Dsmash spam. Then learn Marth and use his range! Or you could just ignore him... Yeah you should probably learn to wobble.. that would make him feel like a noob if you consistently wobbled.

Salaad

Smash Ace
Wow, I feel you man. My brother calls me a spammer at least 50 times a round. He also stops telling me to use "cheap" moves.

I just tell him to shut up and it's not my problem, it's his. xD

MachPunch

Smash Rookie
STFUUppercut FTW :laugh:
I have a friend who whenever I use Fox and Shinespike, He says it's cheap. so I stopped using it and SHL'd him on FD against his Roy (which stands still and FSmashes everything near it) and he told me blaster was cheap, then SHFFL and it kept going like that.. Then I used almost the same tactics with Falco and that happened again. Then I got better at WDing, so I would use Marth and WD'd Into his smash range, then away, and then into a sweetspot FSmash, and took advantage of mindgames, and thats apparently cheap, and WD is cheap and SHFFL is cheap and murdering him with a Pichu that I practiced on for an hour or so before he came over to beat him... So I taught him how to wavedash, and he doesn't yell at my SHFFLs and stuffs as much.. And when I showed him the advanced techniques video, he said "I'm bored lets go fight level nines and use your AR to battle as Giga Bowser".

Anyways...
CG him to death. :psycho:

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I'm telling you Speedsk8er if you want the maximum embarrassment, beat him with pichu. You sound alot better than the kid so you should be able to win. If he loses and doesn't admit that your better, don't play against him again and encourage others to do the same. Choosing pichu is the equivalent of choosing Dan in street fighter games, you should only do it if you want to prove that you are unarguably better than the other person.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
one thing i hate is marth. His grabs have way to much priority. I could be full blown into a charged smash attack and he could stop it mid-attack with a grab. That is just bull****. i hate that broken pos character. i play a little marth myself but i never grab.

Kumagari

Smash Cadet
one thing i hate is marth. His grabs have way to much priority. I could be full blown into a charged smash attack and he could stop it mid-attack with a grab. That is just bull****. i hate that broken pos character. i play a little marth myself but i never grab.
*bangs head on keyboard repeatedly*

Solution: Don't get in Marth's grab range. There, now you don't have to hate this "broken pos character."

~rh

Smash Lord
Well, have a lot of fun playing a pretty good Marth without grabbing. You get really far in competetive play like that. :chuckle:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
*bangs head on keyboard repeatedly*

Solution: Don't get in Marth's grab range. There, now you don't have to hate this "broken pos character."
playing with falco i pretty much have to lol.
thats why despite the tiers i play against marth with link and thats just too fun. :laugh:

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Just a little reminder, grabs (ALL grabs. Not just Marth's) have the highest priority in the game. Higher then that of a shield, and higher then that of any non-grab attack any character has. The game was made that way. All characters could grab foes out of their smash attacks, not just Marth. His grab has exactly the same priority as anyone else's

Second, please don't play Marth at all if you're just going to play half-*****. You'll spawn a whole new group of "Roy is better then Marth"ers.

Sorry for the snappy post, but I don't like ignorance.

EDIT: And you play Falco too. Make Marth come to you with your laser. Only very good Marth's can properly handle Falco's laser camping. For ever 10 grabs Marth got on you when you were approaching him, you'll probably take 1 if he's approaching you.

Kaede - KeyWei

Smash Cadet
Everything here is a great example!! THese irratating whiners force me to practice more and then **** them way faster. There only excuses for losers, they are just sore losers just because they got owned and they couldn't do a thing to stop it..
Maybe have an apple nearby? Put it in his mouth and tell him to keep quiet.

Kumagari

Smash Cadet
Maybe have an apple nearby? Put it in his mouth and tell him to keep quiet.
Yeah but apples are tasty... I'd rather just eat my apple and put something else in his mouth to keep him quiet... :cool:

Edit: Did not mean for that to have horrible sexual undertones... my bad... f^_^;;;

Top Bottom