• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Ohio* Toledo Gaming HUGE SSBM Singles & Doubles Tournament 8/25/07

ToledoGaming

Smash Cadet
Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles & Doubles Tournament
www.ToledoGamingCenter.com

When:
Saturday, August 25th, 2007

Singles Tournament Times
Registration Starts @ 3:00pm
Tournament Starts @ 4:00pm

Doubles Tournament Times
Registration Starts @ 5:00pm
Tournament Starts @ 6:00pm
(Doubles Tournament can start sooner or later than scheduled time depending on how long the Singles will take)

Entry Fee:

Singles
$15 per person

Doubles
$30 per team

REGISTRATION ENDS PROMPTLY AT 4:00pm for Singles. DO NOT BE LATE!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAYMENT OPTIONS
We accept all forms of credit card

Where:
7723 Airport Highway Suite D
Holland, OH 43528

Store Hours
Mon-Thurs: 3pm-10pm
Friday: 3:00pm-10:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am-12:00am
Sunday: 12:00pm-6:00pm
Pre-registration and day-of registration is available in store during store hours.

Format:
- The tournament will be held on the GameCube Console
- Random Seeding
- Matches will be best out of 3
- Double elimination
(The higher seat will pick 1st map, and the lower seat will 2nd map.)

Singles Settings:
- 4 Stock
- 8 Min. Time Limit
- Best of 3 Matches
- No items
- Stall tactics banned (DQ possible)

Doubles Settings
- 4 Stock
- 8 Min. Time Limit
- Best of 3 Matches
- No items
- Stall tactics banned (DQ possible)
- Team Attack on
- Life Stealing on

General Guidelines:
The following rules must be followed during the tournament. Players who do not follow
the rules or terms of service may be disqualified from the tournament, or removed from
the facility WITHOUT REFUND.
All players must respect the wishes of the Toledo Gaming Center staff and administrators.

Any player(s) who interferes with other player(s) at the Toledo Gaming Center facility will be immediately disqualified WITHOUT REFUND.

Any and all party's that participate in physical contact or fighting with other party's are players while on Toledo Gaming Center Property will be immediately disqualified WITHOUT REFUND, removed from the property by the Lucus County Authorities, and we will contact the MLG organization regarding your tournament conduct.

Prizes
1st Place - Will recieve 50% of entry fees (or 40% if 15 or more players attend) plus a one month TGC membership.
2nd Place - Will recieve (10% of the entry fees if 15 or more players attend) and a one month TGC membership.

WE ARE EXPECTING A HUGE TURNOUT SO FIRST PLACE FOR EACH $200+

2nd Place will recieve a cash prize only if 15 or more players attend.

ToledoGaming

Smash Cadet
Maybe

I can see if I could but it is doubtful....because we also have a Halo 2 4v4 the same day. Check back later today, and I will post if we are or not.

Reside

Smash Apprentice
Yes it is, prolly 3 hours from me and maybe 3:45 depending on which side of cinci for you.

Im not going to travel that far for only doubles, if singles are on the same day i might come

(smash > halo)

edit:maybe alitte closer then that

Zelow

Smash Apprentice
i live in mi but maybe if i can set up a car pool and get the day off work oh ya and if you make it singles i hate doubles crap would love the opportunity to meet new people though

ToledoGaming

Smash Cadet
Good News!

Ok guys good news...I convinced them to schedule Singles & Doubles on the same day! The Singles will start first and the Doubles will follow right after the Singles Championship. All the Local Toledo Smashers are counting on meeting all you other Competitive Michigan/Ohio Players. Feel free to ask any more questions...also Toledo Gaming has a reigning champ which always beats up on all the locals, so it would be a HUGE upset to see him lose! :chuckle:

www.ToledoGamingCenter.com Check out the forums!

ToledoGaming

Smash Cadet
The Reigning Champs name is Gordie....Im pretty sure he goes to Bowling Green...maybe? He has won about 4-5 single tournaments and our biggest doubles tournament last month.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Kind of low payout, and only payout for 1st and 2nd? most places *at least* pay out to 3rd.... probably more depending on the turnout... How "HUGE" are you expecting this to be? It's not exactly a short drive on short notice, plus a large entry fee. That being said, i *might* be able to attend depending on if some other SE MI smashers are going, and want to give me a ride, and my parents let me go to toledo on less than a week's notice...

Dopey

Smash Lord
me, rash, an kerp gonna be there =p

so when should we be there if we intend on playing singles/doubles? like noon?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
If I can go, (which i should be able to know by tomorrow), can i get a ride with you guys? This is just a 1 day thing right? with no overnighting?

ToledoGaming

Smash Cadet
Spread the word about this tournament guys...we just got confirmation that Toledo Gaming's reigning champ Gordie from Ohio State will be attending both Singles & Doubles. We are expecting a huge turnout.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm not able to go anyway. Is this "Gordie" someone that I'd know by a different title? or just some random local person that's never heard of SWF? (at least not a member)

MB-Smash

Smash Apprentice
So Drephen are you going to this? If you are then there's no reason for Brian to even show up -_- 10% isn't much for 2nd and that's considering he gets past James.

ToledoGaming

Smash Cadet
No its sunny as ever up here...we are about an half an hour away from the area they were having floods.

Sliq

Smash Master
No, he is...trust me. He is most certainly Gordie.

Lol, how do you not know him?

Top Bottom