• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*OHIO* SSBM Singles & Doubles Tournament RESULTS!! 12/1/2007

ToledoGaming

Smash Cadet
One last post before the tournament...If anyone reads this before they leave, PLEASE BRING MEMORY CARDS!! Some idiot decided to delete our characters. Thanks!

Holland

Smash Rookie
I needz a partner because apparently I'm going as of now. I doubt anyone even knows who I am tho besides Soap and Kel. Also I'd team if you wanted Kel.

Kel

Smash Master
I don't think I'm going anymore sadly. No one to go with and too long of a drive. Otherwise, yeah. Team DDR kids.

Shadax

Smash Rookie
I may be in attendance today.

I have never, ever played in a tournament, or even in tournament settings. I would hope to come away as a winner, but this is unlikely.

If I am around, though, I can and will do my best to win.

In any case, I wish luck to all players.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
thanks shadax. hope you can make it cause tournaments are a lot of fun and you'll most likely learn a lot too. but anyway its getting closer to me haveing to leave to make it up there so have fun

Shadax

Smash Rookie
Everyone....

Thank you for an excellent time. I was LC+ in-game, and I was knocked out almost immediately.

However, I had a LOT of fun, and met up with actual competition (everyone near me blows), and I learned a great deal about where I stand in regards to other players.

I have a lot of improvement to do, but I hope to come around again and learn more, and compete on a higher level. This was my first tournament, and I appreciate the overall friendliness of the other players who participated alongside and against me.

Watty

Smash Lord
yep smash players for the most most most part are nice and willing to give advice and juss be all around friendly

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
yep, was nice meeting you shadax =D like watty said, we'll all give advice about improvment cause to be honest, everyone can use it.

i thought you were going watty?

DKpunch!

Smash Cadet
I second Shadax's comments. I was BOWM in the tourney (yes, the obnoxious guy who screamed "BOWM!" every time I hit someone with the DK punch,) and I came with my brother (SS2!) and God (GOD. Yes, we just call him God.)

I didn't do well, but I appreciate all of the tips from the more advanced players. I've learned that--although I can pull off all of the tricks the veterans can--teching is very situational. I was very impressed with many of the high tier players, as well as some of the medium tiered players (such as Mario.)

Thanks again to you guys, and I hope to see you again in future tournaments.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
B-Ryan won singles, Vidjo and Tink took doubles. Reside and I took third in doubles with Reside pulling some clutch chain grabs against Soap.

Weather sucked on the way back and I didn't get any games with B-Ryan, Tink or Vidjo but over all it was quite fun. Gotta give Watty props, Oscar Meyer Weiner basically carried me the whole tourney.

ToledoGaming

Smash Cadet
Singles & Doubles RESULTS!

Great tournament guys....hope every one had a good time!!
Now to the results........

SINGLES RESULTS

Winners
1. B-Ryan
2. Vidjo
3. Tink
4. Soap

(5-6)
Paradigm
MB Smash

(7-8)
reside
1Der

(9-12)
BOWM
Alphazealot
Paranormalsin
Sillouette

(13-17)
SS2
Wakka
ZAZI
GOD
LC+

DOUBLES RESULTS

1. Jesse Sucks (Vidjo & Tink)
2. Noobs R Us (B-Ryan & MB-Smash)
3. Icy Hot (Paradigm & Reside)
4. Money in the Bank
5. Team Zombie

Silhouette

Smash Lord
ToledoGaming you misspelled my name, but thanks for hosting this it was a good turnout and i think everyone had alot of fun

shadax bowm and others-i hope u all had alot of fun, and i hope to see u all around in future tourneys
p.s.-team bowser vs. team bowser was good stuff

Shadax

Smash Rookie
Great tournament guys....hope every one had a good time!!
Now to the results........

SINGLES RESULTS

(13-17)
SS2
Wakka
ZAZI
GOD
LC+
Nobody got the skills to come in dead last except LC+! I ALONE AM BEST.

Lost to BOWM, then SIL, who I'm assuming is Silhouette

BOWM - Fighting your DK was fun, and now that I look back on it, I could've won that match. I was thrown off my game when the official rounds began. I realize computers and scrubby neighbors aren't the best training dummies, but when one fails to perform their moves as well as they should be....Also, Top 10 finish too, nice.

SIL - You were the first "stereotypical wave-dashing Fox" I ever played against...but don't take that as an insult. I was as prepared as I could've possibly been, having only read up on and watched videos of, and choosing Ness in the first round definitely WAS NOT a good idea. Combined with my already thrown-off game, it must've looked pretty hilarious with me flailing around the battlefield. Also, you seemed genuinely helpful post-match, so credit is given there too.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
yeah, sil is silhouette.
its a sad thing brawl is coming out soon cause i really wanted to further my game in melee although i understand it will be around still.
to DKpunch. it might have been either my mario or the other josh's that impressed you or maybe both. all i can say is mario duels are too fun

wakka444

Smash Ace
great tournament fun yaya, but on a side not i think i left a white element hoodie there, if anyone knows what happened to it please message me, i miss my hoodie....lol

Top Bottom