• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ohhhhh yes I did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Firstly, the tiers haven't even been created yet, so it'd be in your best interests not to go saying that apparently the gap between tiers is much smaller than in Melee. Secondly, I doubt your friend is THAT good if you managed to get 6 flame chokes on him.

But I'd glady be proved wrong with some vids if you made any :p

Sliq

Smash Master
This thread is filled with so much failure that I hop TC gets assraped by a giraffe.

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
This thread is filled with so much failure that I hop TC gets assraped by a giraffe.
like your sig? whats your problem?
bad day? im just sharing my fun day with you, gosh what a mood killer

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
Firstly, the tiers haven't even been created yet, so it'd be in your best interests not to go saying that apparently the gap between tiers is much smaller than in Melee. Secondly, I doubt your friend is THAT good if you managed to get 6 flame chokes on him.

But I'd glady be proved wrong with some vids if you made any :p
dude if you cant see the tiers are smaller then there's something wrong with you, sorry
but
1. in melee the top 6 were SO much better than the rest that the other 20 characters were deemed unplayable in tourneys(with few actually doing so, ie gimpyfish)
2. brawl doesnt have wavedashing/L-canceling(to unbalance movement and speed)
3. infinite ground AND air dodging, this game isnt based on whos got the best character, its heavily based on WHO can dodge the best
4. the tiers are SO much more balanced that i can make any match up happen AND win easily, if i tried that in melee id get *****, lol i could NOT beat fox with yoshi in melee not without a ****load of luck
5. my timing was flawless on the flame chokes, he didnt fall for it again so i just caught him off guard, hilarious...
6. i played melee so long i ruined 7 controllers, my opinion is as good as any pros

ill say again what the tiers look like to me by comparison

melee: high>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>low
brawl: high>>>>>low

there are tiers, but just so much smaller than melees on account of being able to dodge anything regardless of what it is(except rapid A attacks)

in fact the only broken thing i see is snakes camping abilities, theyre insane, thats pretty much it, well... he is made of projectiles and all you have to do is throw nades to win, or drop them and shield when they come close

dont quote me, i dont want a flame war

Sliq

Smash Master
1. in melee the top 6 were SO much better than the rest that the other 20 characters were deemed unplayable in tourneys
Brawl is seemingly only SLIGHTLY better in terms of balance.

2. brawl doesnt have wavedashing/L-canceling(to unbalance movement and speed)
Yes, thank GOD wavedashing was gone. It only benefitted fast characters, and did 30% to your opponent everytime you did it. Buh-ROH-ken!!!!!

Also, yes to l-canceling. Now people can just spam aerials and don't have to worry about getting punished because they made an error. Now, instead of setting up for a move, they can just do it!

3. infinite ground AND air dodging, this game isnt based on whos got the best character, its heavily based on WHO can dodge the best
Some characters have better dodges than others. Therefor, the character with the better dodge is the better character. That is assuming that I believed your dodging makes you good non-sense.

4. the tiers are SO much more balanced that i can make any match up happen AND win easily, if i tried that in melee id get *****, lol i could NOT beat fox with yoshi in melee not without a ****load of luck
Play someone good. I could beat noobs all day with low tiers, too. Didn't make Melee balanced, isn't making Brawl balanced.

5. my timing was flawless on the flame chokes, he didnt fall for it again so i just caught him off guard, hilarious...
No, it wasn't, and no, it isn't. You are awful and so is your friend.

6. i played melee so long i ruined 7 controllers, my opinion is as good as any pros
There is a difference between playing Melee and playing Melee competitively, which I know you didn't.

Also, no, your opinion isn't worth anything.

there are tiers, but just so much smaller than melees on account of being able to dodge anything regardless of what it is(except rapid A attacks)
If you dodge everything, you aren't doing moves. And when you are oding moves, your opponent is doing BETTER moves with their BETTER character.

in fact the only broken thing i see is snakes camping abilities, theyre insane, thats pretty much it, well... he is made of projectiles and all you have to do is throw nades to win, or drop them and shield when they come close
No.

Well, I didn't want some asshat posting nonsense, but you can't always get what you want.

But I heard that if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need. And in this case what you need--besides English lessons--is for someone to come over to your house and destroy your computer before you post again.

Tenki

Smash Hero

dodging has vulnerability frames, where you're not invincible :[

also...

have you met Snake's tilts?
I could care less about his projectiles or his 'camping' ability, but it's his tilts, man, the tilts.

I saw something in someone's sig in the Snake boards along the lines of:
"I don't like to use Snake in tournies because I want to be known for outthinking people, not outtilting them" [/poorquote]

lololololololololol snake tilts in close range is evil. camping? hahahahahahahaha pffffffffft

eaheihueaIUEaiehaEUauhiea

/end colortest

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is seemingly only SLIGHTLY better in terms of balance.

Yes, thank GOD wavedashing was gone. It only benefitted fast characters, and did 30% to your opponent everytime you did it. Buh-ROH-ken!!!!!

Also, yes to l-canceling. Now people can just spam aerials and don't have to worry about getting punished because they made an error. Now, instead of setting up for a move, they can just do it!

Some characters have better dodges than others. Therefor, the character with the better dodge is the better character. That is assuming that I believed your dodging makes you good non-sense.

Play someone good. I could beat noobs all day with low tiers, too. Didn't make Melee balanced, isn't making Brawl balanced.

No, it wasn't, and no, it isn't. You are awful and so is your friend.

There is a difference between playing Melee and playing Melee competitively, which I know you didn't.

Also, no, your opinion isn't worth anything.

If you dodge everything, you aren't doing moves. And when you are oding moves, your opponent is doing BETTER moves with their BETTER character.

No.

Well, I didn't want some asshat posting nonsense, but you can't always get what you want.

But I heard that if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need. And in this case what you need--besides English lessons--is for someone to come over to your house and destroy your computer before you post again.
dude i DID play competitively, many many times in fact

i can say without a doubt that brawl is SEVERAL times more balanced than melee

for **** sake melee was nothing but space animals shooting each other with lasers
they were so fast and unbalanced they made everyone else except marth look like ****

in brawl you can beat pros with any character if you're good enough, and all the infinite dodging (why did you say some have better than others, each is only a quarter second long theyre near identical...) and far more balanced game play in general, the characters with more advantages are lighter and or slower

you say i suck, and so does my friend? ok so being on the top 20 out of 2000 of smashboardrankings is nothing now a days? wtf do we have to do to be good? win 50 tourneys? if i tried fighting a low tier vs a god tier in melee id get 4stocked every time
if i try this in brawl i win, or almost win every time

i have like a 96% win rate using the so called "lesser characters", why? because tiers barely exist due to the actual fact that any character can dodge anything, and no characters dodge is bad, therefore anyone can win, anytime

unless of course that person is snake because snake is a camping ***** who can kill your *** long range, hell snake is said to be the best character in the game but compared to the insane awesomeness of what fox USED TO BE, hes cake for me

yes of course my opinion means nothing because im not freaking mewtwo king or ken am i?
i understand that you're just some angry little child, from my point of view you just seem to be a troll considering you just antied everything said to make me look bad

rofl english... because i dont use periods and capitalize im bad at english? rofl i had like a 96 in english when i was still in high school...
lol dude you're such a ***, i cant believe u just posted all that... seriously, GET A LIFE, or dont and leave people to their fun?
as long as i can win against virtually anyone with anyone, im not really going to see any tiers am i?

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
dodging has vulnerability frames, where you're not invincible :[

also...

have you met Snake's tilts?
I could care less about his projectiles or his 'camping' ability, but it's his tilts, man, the tilts.

I saw something in someone's sig in the Snake boards along the lines of:
"I don't like to use Snake in tournies because I want to be known for outthinking people, not outtilting them" [/poorquote]

lololololololololol snake tilts in close range is evil. camping? hahahahahahahaha pffffffffft

eaheihueaIUEaiehaEUauhiea

/end colortest
eh his tilts arent that bad once u understand that they are slightly punishable, camping isnt that bad either, im just saying hes broken compared to everyone else in terms of it

just fight snake in the air, i mean he can only tilt on the ground so just keep him in the air or fight him on battlefield (thats what i did), you know snake isnt that great on BF...

anyway im ending the thread because that other guy is trolling what was supposed to be a ganon props thread

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
Well the tiers for brawl aren't made and won't for a year or two because the metagame is still sucky. So when the brawl metagame fleshes out I'm sure some characters will be much better than others. As of right now most characters have a shot.
man dude, i still say tiers dont exist, **** i knew melees tiers in a week, no one had to tell me, i could tell fox/falco/sheik/marth were the best from week one...

now? wow i barely can tell at all, i see some like pkmn trainer that are too gimpable, and some characters are too slow for an awesome competition(ganon) but overall we have like 30 or so tourney characters (some are better in FFAs like ganon, yeah he rocks those)

oh btw dont post again, pm me if u want

Sliq

Smash Master
dude i DID play competitively, many many times in fact
No. You are a noob.

i can say without a doubt that brawl is SEVERAL times more balanced than melee
No, you can't. Not even people that KNOW what they are talking about can say that. Not yet.

for **** sake melee was nothing but space animals shooting each other with lasers
they were so fast and unbalanced they made everyone else except marth look like ****
Mango--a jigglypuff player--won the last big Melee tournament.

Also, Skler, a Link player, placed top 32, but had to forfeit before playing bracket matches because he had to leave. But good point.

in brawl you can beat pros with any character if you're good enough
In Melee you could beat anyone with anyone if you are good enough. Skill has nothing to do with tiers.

in brawl you can beat pros with any character if you're good enough, and all the infinite dodging (why did you say some have better than others, each is only a quarter second long theyre near identical...)
No.

and far more balanced game play in general, the characters with more advantages are lighter and or slower
No.

you say i suck, and so does my friend?
Yes.

ok so being on the top 20 out of 2000 of smashboardrankings is nothing now a days?
It was never anything to begin with.

wtf do we have to do to be good? win 50 tourneys?
That would work. It would be over kill, but it would certainly do the trick.

Or you could simply consistently place well at tournaments. But since I'm certain you don't even ATTEND tournaments, let alone place well at them, I'm farily certain you're awful.

if i tried fighting a low tier vs a god tier in melee id get 4stocked every time
Yup.

if i try this in brawl i win, or almost win every time
Nope.

i have like a 96% win rate using the so called "lesser characters
Nope.

Because the people you play suck, or you play computers?

because tiers barely exist due to the actual fact that any character can dodge anything, and no characters dodge is bad, therefore anyone can win, anytime
No.

unless of course that person is snake because snake is a camping ***** who can kill your *** long range, hell snake is said to be the best character in the game but compared to the insane awesomeness of what fox USED TO BE, hes cake for me
Snake is awful at camping compared to MANY other characters.

yes of course my opinion means nothing because im not freaking mewtwo king or ken am i?
That, plus you aren't anyone of any importance whatsoever. You don't have any high tournament placements, you haven't provided any in depth guides, hell, you can't even type in English. What you do have is a vast misunderstanding of how this game works, an arrogant attitude with no basis, and incompetent opponents.

i understand that you're just some angry little child
Actually, I'm a very angry college student.

from my point of view you just seem to be a troll considering you just antied everything said to make me look bad
I don't need to make you look bad, you do that well enough on your own. I just want you to shut up and stop posting ignorant nonsense, taking up space that could be used for something useful, as opposed to some noob bragging about beating some other noob to get inernet high fives for strangers to validate his very sad existence.

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
No. You are a noob.

No, you can't. Not even people that KNOW what they are talking about can say that. Not yet.

Mango--a jigglypuff player--won the last big Melee tournament.

Also, Skler, a Link player, placed top 32, but had to forfeit before playing bracket matches because he had to leave. But good point.

In Melee you could beat anyone with anyone if you are good enough. Skill has nothing to do with tiers.

No.

No.

Yes.

It was never anything to begin with.

That would work. It would be over kill, but it would certainly do the trick.

Or you could simply consistently place well at tournaments. But since I'm certain you don't even ATTEND tournaments, let alone place well at them, I'm farily certain you're awful.

Yup.

Nope.

Nope.

Because the people you play suck, or you play computers?

No.

Snake is awful at camping compared to MANY other characters.

That, plus you aren't anyone of any importance whatsoever. You don't have any high tournament placements, you haven't provided any in depth guides, hell, you can't even type in English. What you do have is a vast misunderstanding of how this game works, an arrogant attitude with no basis, and incompetent opponents.

Actually, I'm a very angry college student.

I don't need to make you look bad, you do that well enough on your own. I just want you to shut up and stop posting ignorant nonsense, taking up space that could be used for something useful, as opposed to some noob bragging about beating some other noob to get inernet high fives for strangers to validate his very sad existence.
you are by far, the biggest ***got i have ever met in my entire lifetime, congratulations
i didnt realize HAVING FUN, the POINT of the GAME, was not allowed
gtfo, no one likes you

I basically know EVERYTHING about this game, every single tech, every single characters move, the size of all the hitboxes, several hundred tactics, among hundreds of other things
i know more than 99.9% of the people on this freaking site, ive beaten over 800 people online already, and yes i do have a 96% win rate
so you treat me like **** because i just posted a random thread? dude go **** yourself?
how many guides and tourneys have you made and won? lol not a lot im sure
not to even mention i have won several melee tourneys and placed well in the ones i didnt win
i honestly barely see tiers at all, if you cant accept it, jump off a cliff or shut the **** up

god i hope your parents beat you as a child, because honestly i think you deserve more beatings than you have recieved

Sliq

Smash Master
I basically know EVERYTHING about this game, every single tech, every single characters move, the size of all the hitboxes, several hundred tactics, among hundreds of other things
i know more than 99.9% of the people on this freaking site, ive beaten over 800 people online already, and yes i do have a 96% win rate
so you treat me like **** because i just posted a random thread? dude go **** yourself?
not to even mention i have won several melee tourneys and placed well in the ones i didnt win

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, that is ridiculously awesome. I am saving this post forever now.

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
you are by far, the biggest ***got i have ever met in my entire lifetime, congratulations
i didnt realize HAVING FUN, the POINT of the GAME, was not allowed
gtfo, no one likes you

i honestly barely see tiers at all, if you cant accept it, jump off a cliff or shut the **** up

god i hope your parents beat you as a child, because honestly i think you deserve more beatings than you have recieved
Basically, I know more than you. Why? Because I can see into your future and past, and your parents left out that after taking one look at you that they wish they aborted....

Sliq wins. He didn't even have to mention skler in a post to win, But he did, and it was confirmed by bringing up skler. GTFO.

Why am I in the Ganon boards anyway?

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
Sliq wins. He didn't even have to mention skler in a post to win, But he did, and it was confirmed by bringing up skler. GTFO.
True, although in the TC's defense Sliq clearly provoked him into snapping like that.

When you lose your cool in a debate you lose. when you respond to the taunts of others you're giving them what they want. Remember this for the future, Aggression.

Why am I in the Ganon boards anyway?
Sorry Link, but your princess is in another castle. D:

Sliq

Smash Master
True, although in the TC's defense Sliq clearly provoked him into snapping like that.

When you lose your cool in a debate you lose. when you respond to the taunts of others you're giving them what they want. Remember this for the future, Aggression.

Sorry Link, but your princess is in another castle. D:
Actually, by posting the way I do, I weed out ****heads from future non-****heads.

IF he had replied with something apologetic (or posted something intelligent to begin with), as opposed to responding with flaming, I would give him props for being a future non-****head.

However, he instead pulled fake **** out of his ***, weaving a very amusing thread of *******ery, and flamed back with absolute non-sense.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
TY for this thread sliq, (I am crediting the awesomeness of this thread to you) I love seeing people claim they know EVERYTHING about the game when its so obviously false.

poncho_mcshoe

Smash Apprentice
I can't even figure out what "*******ery" means. Reading Sliq's posts is like watching a TV show with constant cursing, but everything is censored.

misterbee180

Smash Apprentice
Let me be the first to say sliq is a total dousch!

And as far as I know, not a very good Gannon player.

Mr. B out!

Aggression

Smash Apprentice
Let me be the first to say sliq is a total dousch!

And as far as I know, not a very good Gannon player.

Mr. B out!
1. yeah he is, he just counters everything i say because... i have no clue? he has a superiority complex or something
2. gannon-banned (google it)

RolandBeoulve

Smash Apprentice
Post some video's or cite some tourney results, I've placed well and won a lot of melee tournaments too. I can say this truthfully however most of them were small worthless school or arcade ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom