• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh noes! I need halp!

Kylejm

Smash Rookie
Alright folks. This may seem like a weird thing to ask random people on the interwebs, but it's not really something I'd talk about with my school friends, so here goes. There's this girl I know, and I'd really like to go out with her. Now the thing is, she mentioned when her birthday was to me a very very long time ago and I remembered it. It's a week from tomorrow. The idea here is, I get her something awesome and while she is appreciating how I remembered her birthday, I ask her out to lunch. Great idea right?

Now here's where you come in. What do I get her? I have some money saved and I want to get her something great. Here's what I was thinking:

1. I don't want to just buy something I think she'd like. I'm pretty artistic, so I'd like to make something for her that reflects a lot of time and effort. More meaningful that way.
2. I know for a fact she really really likes a certain animal and I want to make something that I could base around a sort of a theme of that animal, you know?
3. I only have a week so, keep that in mind.
4. Ideally it would fit into my backpack as well. I can keep it in my car for most of the day, but I'm probably going to give it to her at the end of class, so I'd rather not have it be visible so people can ask me what it is.
5. Nothing edible. It's going to be sitting in my hot car until fifth period and it will be gross by then.

So there you go. Suggestions. Any really cool things I could make you know of?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
It totally depends on the animal in question. Panda? Lion? You could make a cute pillow, of their face.

In fact... INTERNET BLUEPRINTS

Panda would look like this (o^-^o)
and Lion would look like this (>:3).

But you wouldn't make a pillow for a flamingo...

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Thats perfect! You could make a pillow that is a sea turtle's shell, and you could give it a little tail and some flippers. Or you could take the Finding Nemo route, and try to find a plush of those turtles, maybe the dad or the kid. I like pillows @_@'

Firebert

Smash Ace
Thats perfect! You could make a pillow that is a sea turtle's shell, and you could give it a little tail and some flippers. Or you could take the Finding Nemo route, and try to find a plush of those turtles, maybe the dad or the kid. I like pillows @_@'
A pillow's actually a pretty good idea. Especially if it's a really soft, comfy pillow. Then she'll treasure and keep it by her bed, and think of you.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Hahaha. Reading about these pillows is making me lol. It is a good idea, though.

Making something is a good idea. Cheap, and meaningful. No picture frames, though. Picture frames are lame sauce.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hahaha. Reading about these pillows is making me lol. It is a good idea, though.

Making something is a good idea. Cheap, and meaningful. No picture frames, though. Picture frames are lame sauce.
okay wivvers, whats wrong with making pillows for those you care about?? obviously its cheap, meaningful, and not lame sauce... and everyone loves taking naps.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dude if you make this girl a pillow it's gonna be totally creepy.

Not that there's anything wrong with making something, but sewing is way over the top. If you want to make an animal, I suggest origami. Every girl I know goes crazy for it for some reason, plus it's cheap and doesn't make you look like a stalker. And if she likes it, you can just play it off like it was no trouble at all and you'll look like a badass.

Firebert

Smash Ace
Dude if you make this girl a pillow it's gonna be totally creepy.

Not that there's anything wrong with making something, but sewing is way over the top. If you want to make an animal, I suggest origami. Every girl I know goes crazy for it for some reason, plus it's cheap and doesn't make you look like a stalker. And if she likes it, you can just play it off like it was no trouble at all and you'll look like a badass.
Good idea, but origami is, when it comes down to it, FOLDED PAPER. Sewing is kind of over the top, but I like the idea of a pillow. And who said he needed to sew it, anyways? He could get someone else to sew it or buy it at a store.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Yeah, unless you are really close already, I would have to agree with pms01, a pillow would be a bit creepy. It's better to save that for (hopefully) a later gift.

I'd go with a drawing, if you can do that...then she can hang it on her wall...

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
hmm. If I were you, I wouldn't give it to her at school. Maybe make a point of finding her, perhaps after 5th period, and say you want to take her out for a coffee or lunch after school or that weekend for her birthday. Then, you give her whatever the gift is when you two hang out. I'm kind of weird like this, but giving presents during school kind of takes away from the moment.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
Hmm.. While I may be young, I'm actually pretty artistic as well.

You have to think what she likes. Ask her questions like what her favourite colour/animal/thing is. Think artistic. What could you do to make your gift stand out.

Not all gifts are jewels.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
If you do something artistic, be wary on drawing an animal unless you're good at it. Nobody wants a 'tard kitten.

Though we do have Tom =)

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Don't waste your time. I mean, if you're actually looking for serious dating advice by POSTING ON A VIDEO GAME FORUM... There's something wrong there.

*We already have a few relationship topics already, btw...*

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
It's probably a good idea that you make sure she likes you too. Asking without anticipating how she'd feel is like lighting dynamite without knowing where you're going to put it.

Put yourself in her shoes, think how she would feel about each thing you did. If you don't think she'd say yes to going out with you, postpone asking her.

Still get her something for her birthday, but remember that she will likely be getting other things for her birthday from other people, and will have trouble carrying larger objects.

Make sure she doesn't have her eye on any other guys. If she does, she's not for the taking.

If you are making her something, make it useful. If it's just artwork, it will make her feel awkward.

Also, make sure you draw the line between "exciting and impulsive" and "vexing and annoying."

Most girls won't date a guy who has a bad reputation. If this is the girl of your dreams, you need to be nice around all her friends too.

Don't pretend you're something/one your not.

These are tips from a guy AND a girl who've been through a lot of relationships, and have grown wise.

(p.s.) sorry if the list seems out of order, or spontaneous, it's just what we thought of as it came out.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I say you ask her out to lunch, then slap her with a kiss.

It's inexpensive
Full of meaning
and it only takes a few practice tries on a mirror to get right.
I would avoid doing this. If she doesn't like you, this is a huge set up for humiliation and awkwardness.

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer

POW, right in the kisser!

Srsly though, don't get her anything that would make you seem like you are coming on strong. You need something full of subtle innuendo like an erotic cake.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Alright folks. This may seem like a weird thing to ask random people on the interwebs, but it's not really something I'd talk about with my school friends, so here goes. There's this girl I know, and I'd really like to go out with her. Now the thing is, she mentioned when her birthday was to me a very very long time ago and I remembered it. It's a week from tomorrow. The idea here is, I get her something awesome and while she is appreciating how I remembered her birthday, I ask her out to lunch. Great idea right?

Now here's where you come in. What do I get her? I have some money saved and I want to get her something great. Here's what I was thinking:

1. I don't want to just buy something I think she'd like. I'm pretty artistic, so I'd like to make something for her that reflects a lot of time and effort. More meaningful that way.
2. I know for a fact she really really likes a certain animal and I want to make something that I could base around a sort of a theme of that animal, you know?
3. I only have a week so, keep that in mind.
4. Ideally it would fit into my backpack as well. I can keep it in my car for most of the day, but I'm probably going to give it to her at the end of class, so I'd rather not have it be visible so people can ask me what it is.
5. Nothing edible. It's going to be sitting in my hot car until fifth period and it will be gross by then.

So there you go. Suggestions. Any really cool things I could make you know of?
Provide us with what type of social relationship you're in with her. How she reacts to certain things you say. How she is overall, ect. Especially since you think she'll fall for you just because you remembered it. She'll definitely think it's sweet that you remembered her birthday, but it takes a bit more than that. However, that's a huge chunk of sweetness, she'll think;).

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Srsly though, don't get her anything that would make you seem like you are coming on strong. You need something full of subtle innuendo like an erotic cake.
At least the bold part is rightlol.

Kylejm

Smash Rookie
Well today was her birthday. She loves sea turtles so I ended up getting her a pretty nice hardcover book about them. It seems stupid but she liked it. I asked her to lunch and she said she wanted to go but her mom doesn't let her ride with people who haven't had their license for over a year and she didn't want to get caught. She seemed pretty amazed that I remembered her birthday for so many months. That's good amirite?

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
Well today was her birthday. She loves sea turtles so I ended up getting her a pretty nice hardcover book about them. It seems stupid but she liked it. I asked her to lunch and she said she wanted to go but her mom doesn't let her ride with people who haven't had their license for over a year and she didn't want to get caught. She seemed pretty amazed that I remembered her birthday for so many months. That's good amirite?
yeah, that's good
now give your car a sea turtle paint job
then show up at her house
at 1 A.M.
and ask for the book back :)

(sorry, I'm bored) :urg:

Top Bottom