• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Often a strange adventure of all-star battle; PlayStation 3 fighter trailer goes live

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Any time between now an an hour. Brace for impact
(disappointment)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Starphoenix just keeps doing my job for me. All I have to do is reinforce how ridiculous everyone else is being.

The connect-the-dots metaphor is spot-on.
Oh look at me! I'm smart because unlike everyone who thinks it's a possible it's smash bros. and who is happy either way, I'm a negative Nancy!

/this silly superiority mentality

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Pessimists are what optimists call realists.
Blind pessimism is the basis of saying "no, that won't happen," even if it's possible.

That's just as unrealistic as blind optimism.

You can argue whether the glass is half full or half empty, but regardless, half of the space is water, and half is air.

I'm optimistic because either it's related to some sort of new IP (a war game?), smash bros, Tekken X Street Fighter, or Project X Zone, all of which interest me. Besides, this funny puzzle is interesting, because we can't solve it, but we think we have some clues. The puzzle interests us. Heck, it'd be cool if more companies did this stuff for their fans! :laugh:

Ecks

Smash Lord
Alright, let's see what this is about.

Also, haven't heard of Tekken X Street Fighter in a while. I forgot it even existed.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Can't we just agree its stupid on both sides since we have next to no information yet? Ya'll assume whatever the hell you want until some facts or info's presented. Don't flood this place with petty "Ya huh! Not uh!" arguments. Thats why no one went to the other SSB4 speculation thread. It was filled with nothing but arguing about things that are totally up in the air. =w=

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Actually, no one went to it because it was constant Ridley size and Sheik/Impa arguments.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My argument has always been: "This may be something we want. Let's party regardless, have a good time, and enjoy posting!!!"

C'mon people, let's just live in the moment, and have some fun without expecting a gazillion things (like 40 characters).

I don't know about you, but this has been some good fun for me!!! :laugh:

Edit: The main reason people avoid the SSB4 boards is people are tired of hearing ignorant Brawl n00bs and anti-competitive people beach about competitive smashers.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
If this is something I don't care about: My body is too ready.
If this is something cool that isn't Smash Bros.-related: My body is ready.
If this is Smash Bros.: My body isn't ready.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
....People are still arguing about Ridleys size?

My argument has always been: "This may be something we want. Let's party regardless, have a good time, and enjoy posting!!!"

C'mon people, let's just live in the moment, and have some fun without expecting a gazillion things (like 40 characters).

I don't know about you, but this has been some good fun for me!!! :laugh:
Oy. No.
Let people be doubtful if they want man. Its like a defense mechanism. They're doubtful, because they don't wanna be let down. Ya know what i'm saying? ,:3

Glad your happy though. I ain't getting hyped til I see whats up.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oy. No.
Let people be doubtful if they want man. Its like a defense mechanism. They're doubtful, because they don't wanna be let down. Ya know what i'm saying? ,:3

Glad your happy though. I ain't getting hyped til I see whats up.
It's not that they are doubting. That's fine. They're like "I'm smart because I agree with myself." Then they go and rain on everyone's parade and they're like "no, you're wrong." This is a disease. It's taken over too many good minds and made them into mindless drones. It's freaking annoying, boring, and above all, EMOOO!!!! :urg:

Regardless, I'm hyped, because eventually, we're getting Smash WiiU and 3DS news! AND MY BODY WILL BE READY!!! :) (that's worth being optimistic about and patient for)

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
They were a day or so before this board was made. Atleast me and one other guy was anyway.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Oh, John, I swear you're taking my thoughts and increasing their intensity by about 20%.
But still...waiting.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Can't we just agree its stupid on both sides since we have next to no information yet? Ya'll assume whatever the hell you want until some facts or info's presented. Don't flood this place with petty "Ya huh! Not uh!" arguments. Thats why no one went to the other SSB4 speculation thread. It was filled with nothing but arguing about things that are totally up in the air. =w=
I find it hard to believe someone would rather be disappointed than surprised.

Like if I'm wrong, then hey nice surprise. If I'm right, oh well it's a good thing I didn't expect much.

There just is no sensibility in having high expectations for that which is entirely unknown.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What if this whole picture was a screenshot of a new IP=???

That would be so worth the hype!!! :laugh:

Carriage racing... not just in the city, but NOW UNDERWATER, IN THE SKY, OVER WATER, ON THE STATUE OF LIBERTY, WITH ITEMS LIKE DATES that you can EATTTTT!!!

It's like MARIO PARTY ON COCAINNNEEEEE!!!! :chuckle:

Edit: UP!!!

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Wait, what?
Nothing revealed? But now we can just see the pictures and decipher what it means.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You know, somehow, I saw this coming... because what's the point of giving away a puzzle so early=???

Watch, they'll be something new that follows this. This may be the beginning of new clues.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I find it hard to believe someone would rather be disappointed than surprised.

Like if I'm wrong, then hey nice surprise. If I'm right, oh well it's a good thing I didn't expect much.

There just is no sensibility in having high expectations for that which is entirely unknown.

Haha, ditto man. Thats my mindset. No use getting worked up only to be let down. And hey, yea. If its legit, then **** yea~ It'd be a pleasant surprise~

Sites still not up though. I have a feeling they're teasing us at this point.

Top Bottom