• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Yeah but I don't know how often he checks the page. I think his name is Vincent SpookyBint Chan if you want to ask him on the Facebook group.

Oh damn, C!Z might be right.

C-45

Smash Rookie
I'm new to Seattle, U-district specifically. Does anyone want to play melee?

Hello, I realize this is a bit late. But I'm in the U-district and would be down to play some on the weekends. I'm still learning though so I can't promise much of a challenge yet.

Sengin

Smash Ace
Does anyone work at the big ol' tech company in Redmond? I may have a permanent melee setup there and have been looking to get back in melee (had no one to play with since I moved).

ThePrime

Smash Lord
damn it's been a while since ive posted here feels like home

Hello, I realize this is a bit late. But I'm in the U-district and would be down to play some on the weekends. I'm still learning though so I can't promise much of a challenge yet.
Do you know Rio, Alec, or Sanford?

ScruffyN3rfH3rd3r

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone!

I just moved to Lynnwood and I'm glad to see there is active smash community here in the Seattle area. I used to play melee a lot in HS, but I haven't played in about 6 years. I just watched The Smash Brothers and now I really want to play again. I plan to come to the December Gameclucks since that LAN center is not to far from my place, but I'm sure I am reeeeeeally rusty. Is there anyone in the area who wants to practice with me? Otherwise hopefully I will meet some of you at the Gameclucks thingy.

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337
Hi everyone!

I just moved to Lynnwood and I'm glad to see there is active smash community here in the Seattle area. I used to play melee a lot in HS, but I haven't played in about 6 years. I just watched The Smash Brothers and now I really want to play again. I plan to come to the December Gameclucks since that LAN center is not to far from my place, but I'm sure I am reeeeeeally rusty. Is there anyone in the area who wants to practice with me? Otherwise hopefully I will meet some of you at the Gameclucks thingy.
Occasional MLT player reporting in. Come on down to Gameclucks this month. I can play with you sometime maybe.

caLviN-1260

Smash Apprentice
NNID
caLviN-1260
Hey there, I live in the Bellingham area, and I'm looking for some good smashers to play with and learn from. I've been playing Project M off and on for a couple months and I'm enjoying it, but I'm really not much better than the average casual player. If there's any tournaments in Washington or in BC that you guys know about, let me know, I'd really like to go to something like that.

caLviN-1260

Smash Apprentice
NNID
caLviN-1260
If that's a monthly thing I definitely want to get in on it. Shame I can't come tomorrow :/

wildlands

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7568-7625-6294
New to SB forums, coming back to SSB!

LF Seattle players who want to get some practice in!! My plce, your place, public place with a TV, I don't care. Playing bots gets so old..

onehunna

Smash Cadet
What's good guys. I'm a student in Seattle in the Capitol Hill area. Been playing Melee with friends for years, but only recently got back into the swing of things. I don't have Facebook, or else I would for sure join that group you guys have. Just searching for some chill people to play and improve with. I see there are monthly tournaments in Lynnwood? That's not far at all. Hope to see y'all there soon.

Ivysalt

Smash Cadet
What's good guys. I'm a student in Seattle in the Capitol Hill area. Been playing Melee with friends for years, but only recently got back into the swing of things. I don't have Facebook, or else I would for sure join that group you guys have. Just searching for some chill people to play and improve with. I see there are monthly tournaments in Lynnwood? That's not far at all. Hope to see y'all there soon.
The University of Washington has a weekly Smash Club (when classes are in session. Wash Tuesdays at 4p for two or three hours but it may get shuffled when lectures recommence). I do not have a Facebook either but the club runs details through that site (https://www.facebook.com/UWSmashClub) and you do not need an account to view the dates, conversations, and kind. Nor do you need to be a student there, really. Just show up. Never less than five people a week, max tops out around fifteen, maybe? Seven is probably average. Minimum of two projectors and always can add more if the amount of contenders demands it. One Melee and one Project M is pretty standard and additional projectors/wiis occasionally host Brawl, SD Remix, and SSB64.

I also live in the First Hill/Capitol Hill area and am usually game for a match if anyone felt so inclined.

onehunna

Smash Cadet
The University of Washington has a weekly Smash Club (when classes are in session. Wash Tuesdays at 4p for two or three hours but it may get shuffled when lectures recommence). I do not have a Facebook either but the club runs details through that site (https://www.facebook.com/UWSmashClub) and you do not need an account to view the dates, conversations, and kind. Nor do you need to be a student there, really. Just show up. Never less than five people a week, max tops out around fifteen, maybe? Seven is probably average. Minimum of two projectors and always can add more if the amount of contenders demands it. One Melee and one Project M is pretty standard and additional projectors/wiis occasionally host Brawl, SD Remix, and SSB64.

I also live in the First Hill/Capitol Hill area and am usually game for a match if anyone felt so inclined.

Damn, thanks for the plethora of information man. I'm a student at Seattle U--usually when I'm around UW it's for partying. It'd be a nice change to actually meet some people there and play Melee. The bus trip isn't bad, I could bring a Gamecube, Melee, and controllers as well. Glad that Facebook page is public, too. I'm on break right now, but I'll definitely hit you up when next quarter begins to play.

wildlands

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7568-7625-6294

This is what I've been looking for! Cheers!

MK.II

Smash Rookie
Heya. I'm new to Washington, and just got stationed here at Fort Lewis. I was a pretty active PM player in Colorado before I moved here. Anybody nearby that plays melee/PM?

caLviN-1260

Smash Apprentice
NNID
caLviN-1260

I'm hopefully transferring to UoW in a year, definitely something I'll be going to :)

BananapeelKing

Smash Rookie
Hey are there ever gonna be tournaments in Washington, maybe seattle or something? Ive played melee a lot and never knew about tournaments and wanna join one thats near seattle. Ya make sure its melee cause no offense but brawl is really nothing compared to melee, but i guess i could do brawl or 64

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I am a Wenatchee Smash player. I used to play Melee a lot. Does anyone know if there is a P:M group for Washington?
P.S. I still love Melee, but I don't have a gamecube to play it on. So, I would still be happy to join the group.
Yeah, I moved back to California. Hope you find someone to play with in Wenatchee though. That place is barren.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
Yeah, I moved back to California. Hope you find someone to play with in Wenatchee though. That place is barren.
Yeah, no kidding. A few friends of mine play, but I don't get out enough to find other players.

I do know that there used to be a lot of magic: the gathering players at the college (last time I heard).

GnomeSkill

Smash Rookie
I have played casual melee for sometime now and i am now wanting to play competitively, any smashers near the greater pierce county/kitsap county need someone to practice with?

GnomeSkill

Smash Rookie
Heya. I'm new to Washington, and just got stationed here at Fort Lewis. I was a pretty active PM player in Colorado before I moved here. Anybody nearby that plays melee/PM?
i live pretty close to fort lewis the only problem for me is i would have to cross the bridge to get there and that would get expensive

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Just curious, anybody in the Tri Cities area? I play P:M mostly at a slightly-higher-than-casual level, but any smash will do, honestly :/
I don't know of anyone in the Tri Cities but I'm sure there are people there. I found people to play with in Moses Lake so you should be able to find someone.

Xandr7272

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3711-8590-0513
Yo, I'm pretty new to the game and would super like to find some people in the Graham/Spanaway area to play with maybe every week or so. I can drive around a little bit, but places around Seattle are probably gonna be out of my reach, unfortunately. I'll be sure to keep an eye around here, so

SgtFive

Smash Rookie
Is there anyone in Northern Idaho or Eastern Washington? There are four of us in Moscow looking for some more players. We are thinking of setting up a weekly Smash night and attend some tournaments.

Top Bottom