• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Utah Power Rankings

lengeta

Smash Ace
Internet trash-talking is something ment to be laughed at, not taken seriously. But remember, internet sarcasm is near impossible to read.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
We'll see C!Z, we'll see... what Ganny the Manny has to say about that! (hehe)
As an aside, Ganon would totally pwn Juggernaut.

but dang man I need more practice still... practicing so far makes me think that I'm not up to snuff :(. We'll see I guess!

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
We probably won't update until after the final Melee tournament. But whether this past tournament or the January tournament (if there will be one) being the last Melee tournament, I don't know, yet.

Dai-A

Smash Journeyman
We probably won't update until after the final Melee tournament. But whether this past tournament or the January tournament (if there will be one) being the last Melee tournament, I don't know, yet.
hopefully theres a jan tourney. or else there would be no point of playing melee anymore....

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
This should be updated, but what are you panelists going to do about Khom and Phil? Will you guys be putting them back on the rankings?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, here is my idea on what we should do:

I suggest that when we do the FINAL Melee list (probably meeting around 1/24/07-2/10/07 [Do the dates look familiar? LOL]), it should be top-15, and base it primarily on skill. Also, we should add recently "retired" players; like Chao, laozy, and also add in Khom (Mash won't be included, as he has quit way too long ago and is nearly impossible to rank).
Also, since this final list for Melee is very important, I think we need more than 5 panel members. Xsyven said he won't take place in this final one's panel (and only in the one for after SoP9, if there is one), since he said, quote, "I don't know the inactive great ones, aka Chao and Rafa." With that being said, he suggests Rafa as his replacement, and I agree. Rafa has played pretty much everyone, except for Devin and Xsyven, and knows their level of skill pretty well. And with me getting a laptop soon, Rafa can use my computer if we hold an online panel meeting.
With the 5 decided, I think we need about 3 more (8 panelists seems like a good number for this). Good candidates include laozy (of course), C!Z, and Fallen Prophet. CdBobo is another possibility, but their are doubts within the panel about his inclusion (don't feel too bad, Bobo).
Now, if we get a total of 8 panel members, getting everyone to meet online can prove to be difficult. It's still possible, though, so it's still an option, but another option could be that the meeting be held right after the January tournament (if there is one), at the tournament location, itself.

Any thoughts on this?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I really think the Top 15 smashers of Utah is great for the final rankings. But that's due in February.

If there's not a tournament in January, then it gives us further reason to compile a new list. Two months seems a long time for an outdated list. Especially since I personally think some of the rankings have changed drastically, with Khom being active, Devin being re-activated and kicking more ***, Gojira retiring, Dai-A's reputation finalizing, etc.

We need it. I've already compiled my list. It NEEDS to be done. Plus, I at least want to say that I've helped with at least one of the ranking lists. >:(

Junpappy

Smash Lord
CdBobo is another possibility, but their are doubts within the panel about his inclusion (don't feel too bad, Bobo).
That's me Bobo!!

That's right, I'm the one who had doubts about you being a panelist :laugh:.

Seriously though, this is a good idear. We definitely need another tournament to finalize the rankings though, and attendance will be MANDATORY.

Cdbobo

Smash Journeyman
Pff. I already knew that CREA... you're the only one who would!!

No I dunno, but what are the doubts ^o). I was just thinking I might want to be on that panel while I was reading PC's post, only to be shot down :(. Also, how could FP know more than me? He's been to like 4 tournaments if I'm not mistaken..? Since this is definitely not an all emcompassing Utah issue, just talk to me on gmail.. it's firstname.lastname@gmail.com. Fill it in with my rl name of course, and don't forget the double d's!

C!Z

Smash Lord
and don't forget the double d's!
Who could foget DD's!?! Hahahahaha jk Maybe he thinks you'll favor yourself or friends more than you should like some other people... I think Nate not participating in the tourney and still ranking is also kinda iffy, there for he only has the rankings to go by. Whatever happens it doesn't even matter cuz I felt the list has always been inaccurate but I'm down for PC's idea. Oh yeah PC since you'll probably read this before I talk to you on aim guess what PFT (Pie Face Timmy) called the reverse dolphin slash?! haha

~S@G3~

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
SAGE#234
If FTS dosent want to hold another tournoment at his house I would be willing to hold one at my house so either way there will be one in January.

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman
wow! a top 15!?! that means i have a chance on the rankings!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

oh and i think BOBO would be a great panelist!

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So, what say you about a new ranking list, FTS, Gojira, CREA, and PC?

If you don't want to, give me a good answer. "Too hard to get everyone online" and "Don't feel like it" are not valid excuses.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Yeah it seems St. George wants to do a melee tourney again, or at least thats what I heard. So we can have another if everyone wants to. However, I am thinking brawl might be delayed again.

WootXcore, listen to this man! He's a genius with a fierce Ness to boot!

Also, just outta minor curiosity... does anyone have any idea how the first set of rankings for brawl will work? I just might actually get to play it before shipping off.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
It will be CREA defaulting to first place after beating Mew2King at POUND 3, but I'm not sure about the rest of the rankings.

Gojira

Smash Lord
I agree to a top 15 list

There are some good people rising and it will be nice for them to see where they fit before brawl hits. im finbe with having maybe 6 panelists not 8. I also agree with bobo being a panelist. However, i myself dont care much for the rankings anymore. So most likely I will just remove myself entirely.

P.S. C!Z, FTS is one of the best skill analysts in Utah. He does not need to enter to judge skill. And no this is not me "backing him up because we are best buds" this is a mere fact.

BTW, I want to do one last string of MM at the next tourney. This is to redeem my horrible win ratio for MM.

C!Z

Smash Lord
P.S. C!Z, FTS is one of the best skill analysts in Utah. He does not need to enter to judge skill. And no this is not me "backing him up because we are best buds" this is a mere fact.
Funny cuz I know atleast 5 other good Smash players that think you two don't know what the hel! you're doin. I don't really care anymore either though but I thought you should know.

Xtinction

Smash Journeyman
soooo uhhh... when and where is this last tourny gonna be????

goji-i i'll 5 dollar money match you.

C!Z-ill random mm you :D

Dai-gAy- ur lucky u have FLAME SHORTS or els i would be killing you at smash everyday!! annddd ill random mm you when you see this post.

Hot- ur jigs is tooo sexy!! haha ohh and i want to finish our random mm!!

battle christ-i should really go to ur tourny.......... :)

xsyvy poo- we need to finish our random mm when we get the chance!

Top Bottom