• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Turning-Enemies-Into-Trophies topic

The_Court_Jester

Smash Cadet
Yeah, hear we discuss how to turn enemies into trophies, and the like. This includes bosses, where they are, etc.

Anyone know an easier place to get Big Primids then The Wild {Desert}? I nearly got one, THEN THE *DSE~ FLOOR DROPPED OUT AND I DIED AND THE TROPHY DID, TOO. AAGH.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
Use the Great Maze. Nearly everything is within easy reach. The Big Primid is only one door away from the top left entrance to the maze.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I just have issues getting trophy stands...I played and got about 5 more SSE trophies today. I have these left:

Metal Primid
Fire Primid
Glice
Glunder
Poppant
Greap
Bucculus
Towtow
Auroros
Trowlon
Roturret
Mites
Shellpod (w/ armor)
Cymul
Ticken
Armight
Autolance
Armank
Giant goomba
Green Koopa
Red Koopa
Green Parakoopa
Red Parakoopa
Bullet Bill
Hammer Bro

Yeah... long way to go. But once I get that done along with my last few challenges, I'll have nearly every trophy. 9 left from the coin launcher... I think?

Edit: And I've only been making runs on Normal. Moving up to Very Hard since you apparently get more trophy stands in higher difficulties.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Definitely use Very Hard, since you do get a lot more trophy stand drops. Stickers help, but aren't needed. For Poppant, I recommend you go to that cloud level where you first meet Kirby. There are about four or five Poppants and plenty of corners to coral them. For the Mario series enemies, try the Jungle/Lakeside levels. Plenty of chances there, especially the parts where you have to enter a door to switch to a different setting. The enemies usually respawn afterwards.

Puffs

Smash Ace
I've observed and experienced (much to my misfortune) that you will probably lose enemy trophies if you have to use a "continue" after getting it. This is why going for both R.O.B. Launcher and Meta-Ridley in the same run is not a good idea.

Some of you may have already been aware of this after Metroid Prime, but be advised that Meta Ridley is Satan himself.

Young_Link808

Smash Apprentice
Bosses:

Petey - Midair Stadium
Rayquaza - The Lake
Porky - The Ruined Zoo
Duon - The Halberd Bridge
Galleom - The Ruined Hall
Ridley - The Research Facility ( the one that is closest to the bomb factory)
Meta Ridley - The Subspace bomb Factory ( the one that is closest to the subspace)
Tabuu - The Great Maze (closest to top left corner)

The_Court_Jester

Smash Cadet
I HATEHATEHATE ROB Launcher. I have it, though. BUT IT WAS ANNOYING. I think I have these left:

Armight
Aurorus
Autolance
Big Primid
Bucculus
Gamyga
Glice
Glunder
Greap
Jyk
Mizzo
Nagagog
Roturrent
Shaydas
Shellpod {Both}
Towtow
Trowlon

Rayquaza
Ridley
Meta Ridley
Duon
Tabuu

I actively started collecting today @.@

OH, and others:

Big Goomba
Red Paratroopa
Red Koopa
Hammer Bros.

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
haven't started collecting yet, but will start soon

looks like a lot of work :(

ChromeSonic00

Smash Apprentice
For collecting trophies I use some of the individual stages (The Wilds, etc.). I never tried the Great Maze, but it is a great idea if you want to collect a bunch of trophies in one run. Also, stickers with Trophy stand +?? and stuff to help you from being KO'ed REALLY helps a lot. :)

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
Well I've been working on these trophies for the past week or so, and today I finally got the blasted Shaydas, which somehow always eluded me. Now I am only missing Armank (proving to be a slight pain) and Meta Ridley. I can't even imagine how hard it will be to catch him...

PS: Where is the best place to catch an Armank (the tanks with big, red dragon-like claws coming out of their tops)?

Puffs

Smash Ace
Well I've been working on these trophies for the past week or so, and today I finally got the blasted Shaydas, which somehow always eluded me. Now I am only missing Armank (proving to be a slight pain) and Meta Ridley. I can't even imagine how hard it will be to catch him...

PS: Where is the best place to catch an Armank (the tanks with big, red dragon-like claws coming out of their tops)?
Subspace Bomb Factory 2 (the one you fight Meta Ridley in)

Wait until the big fight in the subspace bomb storage. The last two enemies will be Armanks, it was a fairly simple task. Plenty of chances for trophy stands to spawn.

tingler

Smash Rookie
Where is the best place to catch an Armank (the tanks with big, red dragon-like claws coming out of their tops)?[/FONT]

Wait until the big fight in the subspace bomb storage. The last two enemies will be Armanks, it was a fairly simple task. Plenty of chances for trophy stands to spawn.
there are actually 2 armanks in the entrance to subspace also. it's a WAY shorter level too (seriously SS bomb factory 2 just gives me nightmares after getting the meta-ridley trophy).

entrance to subspace - a few metal primids, 5+ giant primids, 2 armanks, 1 greap

it's a short stage -- like 5 waves of enemies total -- so u can easily repeat if u didn't get one

GenoGar

Smash Apprentice
Side note, anyone finding ROB Sentry INCREDIBLY powerful on intense? 36% jabs cost so many trophies and stickers...

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice

I went there, and ended up not getting the trophy because the things killed me when I was holding one. But I went on and managed to snag Meta Ridley, which about made my day, so I'm happy.

there are actually 2 armanks in the entrance to subspace also. it's a WAY shorter level too (seriously SS bomb factory 2 just gives me nightmares after getting the meta-ridley trophy).

entrance to subspace - a few metal primids, 5+ giant primids, 2 armanks, 1 greap

it's a short stage -- like 5 waves of enemies total -- so u can easily repeat if u didn't get one
Well thank goodness, I don't really want to go back through the Subspace Bomb Factory ever again...

All I have left is

Nagagog
Shaydas

What are the best places to find these 2?
I got Nagagog in the Battleground Fortress area, near the end. It's a long one, but there are lots of trophy stand opportunities.

Shaydas are really common in the Lake Shore (I think that's the name) area, where you fight the dark Peach/Zelda and then have a two-on-two against Mario and Pit or Link and Yoshi. Anyway, the last part of that level is a cave-like area, and they are everywhere there. There are also doors you can use to reset the enemies for as long as you need.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did get the 8 boss trophies. For Ridley and Meta Ridley though, I had to get them while they weren't near the edge of the battlefield. That way, the trophy won't fall into the pit.

The_Court_Jester

Smash Cadet
Alright, I have a question for getting Shellpods {The ones where the armor falls off}. What's the best area of HP to get it?

Second, where's an easy place to get Red Paratroopas/Koopas? I just need them and my Bowser's Army SSE Enemy section is complete! Huzzah!

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I only have Nagagog and Armank left to get, enemy wise. But I'm absolutely stumped on where the best place to get the Nagagog trophy is. I know you can find some in the Great Maze but where's the fastest place to go to get one? Any advice would be hiiiiiighly appreciated ^^;

Puffs

Smash Ace
I only have Nagagog and Armank left to get, enemy wise. But I'm absolutely stumped on where the best place to get the Nagagog trophy is. I know you can find some in the Great Maze but where's the fastest place to go to get one? Any advice would be hiiiiiighly appreciated ^^;
I'm pretty sure there's one in one of "the Wilds" levels, I remember getting my Nagagog trophy there. Of course, I wasn't really trying for it, it was there and I had a trophy stand.

But yeah, for Nagagogs, I'd say it'd probably be safer to take your chances with Hard instead of higher difficulties. It shouldn't be too bad if you're equipped with Cornimer and Big Boss stickers.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure there's one in one of "the Wilds" levels, I remember getting my Nagagog trophy there. Of course, I wasn't really trying for it, it was there and I had a trophy stand.

But yeah, for Nagagogs, I'd say it'd probably be safer to take your chances with Hard instead of higher difficulties. It shouldn't be too bad if you're equipped with Cornimer and Big Boss stickers.
Cool, I'll be sure to check that out. Thanks a lot ^^

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
For Shellpods with armor, just go find a random Shellpod and just not the amount of HP it has when you knock off the armor. I find that two fsmashes with Marth and a couple of jabs afterwards gets them close to losing the armor. I recommend the Ice Climbers-esque level to get them since the're like three in the beginning. Very Hard difficulty, kill the random Primids, don't get a trophy stand, restart stage and try again.

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
I haven't really started collecting but I know I have to get every boss trophy DX It is going to be a pain. So in order to get boss trophies you basicly have to play on very hard so a trophy base will drop while fighting them, yeah? x.x

zarkawi

Smash Cadet
anyone know where i could find these the easiest?:
trowlon (magic carpet-like things)
towtow
shaydas
cymul (shperical things that spin around and reflect projectiles)
and mizzo (this one i have no idea at all)

alright scratch the mizzo and towtow, mizzo is just a random trophy drop i got him in coin launcher.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
anyone know where i could find these the easiest?:
trowlon (magic carpet-like things)
towtow
shaydas
cymul (shperical things that spin around and reflect projectiles)
and mizzo (this one i have no idea at all)

alright scratch the mizzo and towtow, mizzo is just a random trophy drop i got him in coin launcher.
Trowlon's can easily be obtained from the Skyworld area of the Great Maze while Shaydas can be caught in the cave area (the one where you play as Pit, Mario, Link, Kirby and Yoshi). Check out the Research Facility levels for Cymul, pretty sure you can find one or two in the level with Ridley. Hope that helps.

War Raichu

Smash Apprentice
does anybody know a good spot I can find Bullet Bill? I think he's the only enemy I haven't trophyfied yet

ZAxel

Smash Cadet
does anybody know a good spot I can find Bullet Bill? I think he's the only enemy I haven't trophyfied yet
i got mine at the jungle last night, at the part where you're on a platform moving up. there are some hammer bros and goombas that can give stands and there are a lot of bullet bills flying across the screen. throw the stand up when one is over you

lord_luigi

Smash Cadet
Just got all bosses and enemies (packed with both notices), and I must say it was hard. Some of the hardest...

Meta-Ridley= self explanatory. End of a really long level, plus his trophy can drop into the abyss.
Duon= kept pushing the Stand off the edge...
Gamyga= I used the Outside the Ancient Ruins, but I had to do it twice due to a Continue? at the last enemy (no, really, the last enemy in the level)
ROB Launcher= never convenient. Ever.
Roturret= The only easy place to get one of these is in the Ruined Zoo, and that area in the Great Maze
Shellpod (with armor)= Kept hitting him too hard...
Bullet Bill= Yeah, never had a stand when I needed one

Surprisingly, I got enemies like Nagagog, Floow, Shaydas, and Armight with pure luck during story playthrough.

redshift71388

Smash Apprentice
I finally got the last enemy yesterday, the Armank. Wretched thing... Shaydas also gave me troubles until I found that half the population lived in the cave at the end of Lake Shore level.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Any of the levels that forced you to use Diddy/Fox in the beginning part of SSE (i.e. Jungle, Lakeside, etc). They have all the Mario-universe enemies.

lord_luigi

Smash Cadet
An answerer to the Mizzo question, it can't be caught with a Trophy Stand, you can gain it in Coin Launcher/SSE/from Celebi.

Top Bottom