• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Thread "Kirby Hats Discoveries Combos & Techs" Updated with the Pit Gimp

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
So since i can't update the other Hat page we needed a new one i could update with new hat techs and combos, so here it is

Just some simple finishing combos using the hats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOUxOf0hkG0

and some new techs by: Saturnight

drop grenade take it, rock the enemy (the move is safe because you can cancel the rock in the same moment that the explosion starts, with no defense flaws)( rock explosion, RE)
in high percentages, throw grenade to the sky, do up throw, if u have the right timing, snake is going to dieee
and for edgeguard, wait snake to use his cypher and after that, typically when he tries to use c4, do a suicide final cutter for the spike... but you aren't going to die, because you are holding a grenade that saves you (Kirby grenade recovery) (kgr)

if you do a ground or aerial hammer, you can cancel the lag (or the second swing) if u explode right after ur swing, sure, u will have some grenade explosion in your face but, who cares

The Pit Gimp: So i was messing around with Pit's copy searching for a reliable way to gimp his recovery and i found this. Inahle Copy, Utilt, (Don't spam them )Utilt, SHFFbair, SHBair, (u should be off the edge at this point), the last Bair is tricky, u gotta follow them to hit with it, return to stage and wait for Pit to Bup and gimp his Bup with the arrow copy u have. Another variation if ur opponent is on the stage is, Copy Inhale, Utilt, SHFFBair, Utilt, NHBair, Bair, (u should be off the the edge now), Bair his remaining jump (pretty hard cuz he can mind game his way to the edge), then arrow gimp his Bup.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
I am sooo going to kill a snake like that just to be flashy.

Btw did I ever mention how it is my goal to completely **** kirbys bad matchups whenever possible to discourage them in playing their characers or at least imprint the idea into their mind that kirby owns their character? The kirby grenade recovery shall aid in this goal of mine =D

Gonzo we must 3stock marths robs and snakes... and maybe metaknights. Metaknight I like better than the others though so don't want them to switch to the others =P.

(seriously I think I have only lost to those 3 characters.... I lost to my first snake last weekend :() oh and wario but hes fun to play with... lol socal has **** wario players. futile is too good.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
i love Wario's copy. can i say to cheap, my friend was practicing his wario and seriously i use Bite moire than he did lol it was to funny, every aerial he used i was like SH Bmomentum bite, OMNOMNOMNOMNOM 12% lol

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Inhale > Bullet seed can be escaped

Oh and think Fthrow > Uair > Firebreath works at low %s on Bowser/Char
I c, Percon i have a question not related to this thread but another one. Do u know where i can find some vids of Pikachu vs Snake. Good ones, i can't seem to find any on youtube

storm92

Smash Ace
Yeah, I tend to use Wolf's blaster as an edgeguard.
I usually get both hits in if he doesn't try to attack me first.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
I know its fun to be all fancy/show offy against noobs.. but wouldn't inhale be wayyyyyyy more useful against wolf than his blaster?

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
not really, Wolf has big range. I play against the best Wolf in the US and i can tell u w.out a doubt that Wolf Laser is better than Inhale. Just more spacing applications.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
But usually when I use inhale I just take damage and then he still gets eaten since its not disjointed o.o I dunno usually when I play a wolf its a cake walk.... they usually have a generic neutral b fsmash downsmash with the random bair type of strategy. I guess wolf isn't popular in socal.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
East coast is so random lol, we got Kirby's, Falcos, Wolfs, Mario's, Luigis, Zamus, Olimar, Warios, its ridiculous along with ur MKs, Snakes, DDDs, ROBs and other tier whores

Percon

Smash Lord
I c, Percon i have a question not related to this thread but another one. Do u know where i can find some vids of Pikachu vs Snake. Good ones, i can't seem to find any on youtube
Hm... I remember being an interesting set between a Pika / Snake on youtube but can't find it anymore. I'll let you know if someting comes up.

Any why ask ME this? :p

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
A weird tidbit here;

When Kirby gets Falcon's PAWUNCH ability, it gives Kirby some of the oddest momentum while trying to Punch someone. If you Punch straight from a shorthop, Kirby flies up to Falcon's full hop, while a full hopped punch will send you...pretty high. If you pair a punch with every puff, it sends Kirby up about the distance of another full hop. However, The ending lag prevents his from becoming an incredible Vertical Recovery but still gains some height. On the bright side, Using only Falcon Punches and his jumps, Kirby can move horizontally the whole distance of Final Destination and then some... Paired up with the Aerial Hammer and Final Cutter, this is one of the best recoveries in the game hands down.

...Dunno how you could apply this in battle otherwise, but just thought it'd be nice to know.

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
you can do it for recovery, especially timed with a double reverse upangled falcon punch gives you a lot of momentum and height.

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
I like this Gonzo. Mario and Luigi combo's are my favorite, I can see that as adding an upside to the match up vs Mario. Good mario's give me fits with that **** cape!

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
lolololol sry but u forgot ur falco lazor lock steal that u discovered in the first place =)

good ones though i think theres one with princess martha somwhere......ah well

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
i like the pit gimp. you can do something similar to falco with his lasers or wolf with the melee part of the blaster. it makes them drop to far down for recovery by upb

Vengeful

Smash Cadet
The pit gimp is pretty good, like someone else said I like to gimp falco with his laser, it drops him down far enough so i can ledge hog him.

Top Bottom