• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official TGC Event #3!! Houston, Tx ( 6-20-2015)! 128 entrants! MegaFox is unstoppable!! Vids on OP!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Suspect plz...

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't udderstand why the Yoshi ditto matters. This is quite the unhealthy obsession, think I 2-0'd him in friendlies with Shulk anyways? Dunno, I played against two different Yoshi mains during my 7 or so sets of friendlies on like TV 5 and think he was one of em using purple Yoshi.

Fun tournament, TGC since the first one reminded me how much I miss eating hot dogs, this is a world record for a tournament ending in less than 7 hours with 100+ people thus, Xyro is a god for doing that. Houston has always been fun to hang around and sometimes makes me wish I could hang with every now and then but 3+ hour drive tho.

See yall at TGC4 prolly, avoided the 17th/49th curse of Yoshi mains plaguing us since brawl days but I did so in a manner I'm not proud of. Happy late Bday Asa.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
A god? Of course I am! Xyro=The best
I was promised a $50 MM between you and Trela and you failed to deliver. Therefore, you are not the best. You are just a lying sack of TRASH.

Now I have abandonment AND trust issues...

Last edited:

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
If everyone would post who they played/beat and the character that person used, it would help me fill in the results better.
You know as Nanasuki I'm still always rocking Zelda:4zelda: :3

Also, Wizma uses Mario :4mario: and Jebus uses Little Mac:4littlemac:. Both of them in 33rd.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace

Now that Im fully recovered from Texas Gaming Championships 3, I want to say Thank You to everyone that attended. TGC 3 had 210 people in the building including competitors/spectators. Congratulations to all the champions that placed in Smash 4, KI, Usf4, MKX, Project M and Melee. I want to give shoutouts to everyone who traveled from every major city in Texas to this event and to everyone that brought setups, much appreciated! I also want to give shoutouts to the TGC Tournament Helper Crew: Quince Easter, Mojo, Jake 13, Bruce Wayne and everyone else who pitched in helping run brackets and seeding. I want to thank the news media Channel 13/ABC for covering TGC 3 stepping in for Channel 11. In case you missed the segment you can see it at http://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=798311 Now that TGC 3 is in the record books TGC 4 will be Aug 15 and the venue is To Be Announced. The 1st half of the TGC schedule has come to a close so its time to announce the 2nd half of the TGC schedule which is TGC 4 = Aug 15, TGC 5 = Oct 17 and TGC 6 = Dec 12. Im announcing this now so everyone can plan ahead and request off work to make these dates. www.TGCseries.com will be updated with the TGC 3 rankings and results soon so check back on the site at a later time. I will be posting the pictures of the champions and will be making some announcements soon so stay tuned!

TGC Store: Me and my team are almost done with the store. I will be making an announcement soon. In the meantime bookmark this site: http://www.TGCstore.club

TGC App: Me and my team are almost done with the app. I will be making an announcement soon. In the meantime bookmark this site: http://www.TGCapp.net

TGC 3 Results: Usf4/KI/MKX/PM/Melee: http://challonge.com/users/tgc

Last edited:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hearing is overrated anyways

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Updating the OP now. Gimmi about 10min

edit: DONE

edit 2: SU| Remo has lots of vids and he is uploading them. ill post them here as soon as they get up.

Last edited:

Xyro77

The first of many vids from TGC 3 is here! Check the first post!

Alberto Miliziano (Charizard) vs Espy (Sonic/Mac/Pac)

Game 2 is AWESOME!!!! The split second precision.

Last edited:

FelixFaction

Smash Rookie
Hey Xyro FelixFaction here, I was all Megaman this tourney! Feel free to update the character usage

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
I don't udderstand why the Yoshi ditto matters. This is quite the unhealthy obsession, think I 2-0'd him in friendlies with Shulk anyways? Dunno, I played against two different Yoshi mains during my 7 or so sets of friendlies on like TV 5 and think he was one of em using purple Yoshi.

Fun tournament, TGC since the first one reminded me how much I miss eating hot dogs, this is a world record for a tournament ending in less than 7 hours with 100+ people thus, Xyro is a god for doing that. Houston has always been fun to hang around and sometimes makes me wish I could hang with every now and then but 3+ hour drive tho.

See yall at TGC4 prolly, avoided the 17th/49th curse of Yoshi mains plaguing us since brawl days but I did so in a manner I'm not proud of. Happy late Bday Asa.

Hate to bust your bubble but you and I had never played before bracket. I can recognize you pretty easily and I only played friendlies with a group of guys near setup 7 in the corner. It was a good match either way, our ditto.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Alright, I did say I think.
Doesn't matter either way, gj on the ditto that I nevah played. Winning it is good I guess? Focus on getting higher in tournaments before worrying about the ditto though.

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
The passive negativity is real with you. Don't worry about me, especially after you say you hate yoshi ditto, meaning it wasn't the first time you've had to do it. I think I'll be fine :)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It actually was the first time I played against it in tournament.
Other time it possibly could've happened was in like 2010 but Polt went Sheik/zelda against me. Again I don't really care much bout losing or winning the ditto, but it's hard to ignore when people make it seem like it's a big deal even tho I got higher place '_>'

Otherwise all Yoshi mains hate the ditto and even go different characters to play against it.

Last edited:

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
I think you're taking what Dan said too seriously. It's just funny when people mirror match because it's kind of like a "who is the best at ____ character" situation and that is all. Yes you placed higher. Did I still have fun? You bet your ass I did. As I'm sure you still had fun. It's just poking fun at things, try to relax and smile every now and then :)

Suspect

Smash Hero
It's just funny when people mirror match because it's kind of like a "who is the best at ____ character"
Whoever has the best results with a character is the best with that character. Players get so egotistical over dittos its ridiculous. People say they hate dittos just to have an excuse for losing. If you have the better placing who cares?

Xyro77

The passive negativity is real with you. Don't worry about me, especially after you say you hate yoshi ditto, meaning it wasn't the first time you've had to do it. I think I'll be fine :)

GAT DAYUM BOI U DONE DID CLOCKED DA FUKC OUT OF DAT GREEN SLUSH HOLY SHAM WOW

Danimal197

Smash Apprentice
Slush: you lost the yoshi mirror to the wall. The wall has lost the yoshi mirror to 2 of houstons other yoshis. Ignoring obvious logical fallacies, that would make you, at best, the 4th best yoshi in houston if you lived here. Get bopped. And before anyone tells me the mirror is not a determinant of skill, google "logical fallacy"
Logical Fallacy=Mirror determines skill
Conclusion that you are 4th best yoshi in Houston = unproved and unsupported.
Successfully flamebaiting you? Pricelesssss

Houston's number 1 export? Trash talk.

The Wall

You PC Bro?!
NNID
Zefwano
3DS FC
4356-0548-2157
Leave it to Dan, Houston's 37th best Sheik, to come in romping around talking **** at a group of people he can't even get near beating. :)

Danimal197

Smash Apprentice
38th actually, lost the mirror to level 8 cpu yesterday at the WHS tournament.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
This is just terrible.

You should all feel terrible.

Last edited:
Top Bottom