• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Tetris stage thread

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
The way I think of it, although components of this idea have been mentioned already, the stage shoultd start off looking something like Battle field, except the main platform would be smaller, and there would be an additional two above the central one. Tetris blocks would start falling, although not in a straight line. they will be rotated and dropped as if you were in an actual tetris game, not a tetris game left on by someone as they got a microwave burrito. The individual blocks will be destructible if you put about 50% damage into them. But they will also serve as the main platforms, because once enough blocks appear, the first platforms will disappear. If a line is made, it will go away in a small explosion. Finally, if the blocks stack all the way to the top, all the blocks explode and you start over.

That way you have one reason to want the game to be played badly, and another to want it to be played well.

Can they program that?

mario-man

Smash Lord
The way I think of it, although components of this idea have been mentioned already, the stage shoultd start off looking something like Battle field, except the main platform would be smaller, and there would be an additional two above the central one. Tetris blocks would start falling, although not in a straight line. they will be rotated and dropped as if you were in an actual tetris game, not a tetris game left on by someone as they got a microwave burrito. The individual blocks will be destructible if you put about 50% damage into them. But they will also serve as the main platforms, because once enough blocks appear, the first platforms will disappear. If a line is made, it will go away in a small explosion. Finally, if the blocks stack all the way to the top, all the blocks explode and you start over.

That way you have one reason to want the game to be played badly, and another to want it to be played well.

Can they program that?

Picture this: Someone playing on this level for the first time against some people who have played on it alot. A line gets filled up, and everyone except the new guy start jumping for higher ground. He then says: "What's wrong, are you guys scared of me?!?" then the newly filled line proceeds to blow up and send him flying off of the stage. It could be something like the bullet bill in Princess Peach's Castle. That would be sooo hilarious!!!! lol

saberhof

Smash Master
that would be pretty weak, you would always have to be on your feet to fight>walljump>avoid blocks>find opponent>not fall off. i would look forward to like, an infinite stage, like, blocks would be faling down and making lines but, it stayed like that, and it just kept on going and going and at some moment, a bunch of lines would be diseapering from the bottom and you would start from the bottom again. i hope oyu understood.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Oh snap, I've got it. The cou de grace for this... TETRIS AS A CUSTOMIZEABLE STAGE!

When I started reading of Tetris-colored blocks falling, I instantly was reminded of those couple weird stages from Star Fox Assault. Then it dawned on me... why not have interactivity combined with practicality? Much like the Skate Park creation function in many Tony Hawk games, why not have a pre-defined stage area in which one could posistion Tetris blocks to create one's own stage?

And hey! - with the onliney-ness of the Wii, people could be like sharing their custom-built Tetris stages with each other and whatnot; I think they do that with the newer Tony Hawks now, but I dont' play those games, so I wouldn't know...

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
im not sure how that would work exacty, an infinate stage sounds goood though, speaking of tetris, i got board and decided to make this. *it only loops 2 more times.*

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
If one person controlled the falling tetris blocks, the level wouldn't have to stay zoomed out all the time if the person was controlling it through DS connectivity.

Also, they wouldn't get KO's or anything. They wouldn't play to win rather for fun.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
i like the idea of only being able to ko upwards and being able to destroy blocks. but how about only being able to destroy blocks that have been set. where as ones in the air will move over when hit that way you can get a row or two. maybe if you get a row you get healed like 25%

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
holy lol, thats what i was thinking about all this time, awsome animation. only a bigger stage.
yea, thats what i was thinking too about it. anyway, i don't think the healing thing would work, moving blocks, i don't like that idea, manipulating the stage too much. I think the blocks should be hard to destroy,like a redead or like like, but not moveable. the ones on the ground, i think shouldn't be destroyable, only the falling ones.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Maybe have it so the pieces are catchable items that can be thrown and continue to fall after they get thrown?

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
And why no if the tetris block continue falling and you have to climb them, like Ice Climbers, but slowly, when the blocks are falling, the camera is going up sloooooowly. You also can hit tetriminos to move them, throw them or destroy them.

What do you think about this?

saberhof

Smash Master
I was thinking more of the tetriminos being moved instead of broken or exploding, if anyone remembers the classic mode were you have to grab the trophy's??..

Ensee

Smash Ace
VERY good idea for a stage. I think the only way you could KO someone though is by hitting them upward, and the blocks would be rearranged different every time you start a new game on the stage. Plus blocks would fall from above every minute or so, and fall into place. If you're caught under one, it will do about 20% damage but have barely any knockback. I love this idea btw.

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Tetris stage would be cool. Tetris really deserves recognition by nintendo in Brawl. One of the best games on nes.

Top Bottom