• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Tetris stage thread

saberhof

Smash Master
ok since i cant talk about it anywhere else, i decided to just make a thread about it...soo anyway, i would like any opinion on this stage, if you like it or dont like it and why...or just anithing you would like to add to it...

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
How about when an enemy hits a falling block it rotates,and when a line is made,the opponent(s) of the person of the person responsible take(s) 20 damage or something.If squished by a block,10 damage.Also,only vertical ko's are possible.

Armygeddon Bomb

Smash Ace
Thats a good idea. The background could be the Russian palace, and small tetris pieces fall from the top, hitting people from above, or it can be destroyed. There could be safe zones on either side, with small platforms above. The music could be the from the Tetris game, with alternate music.

saberhof

Smash Master
would you take that custom made russian background place...or one taken out of a game, like the first tetris...ideas! lol

toasty4you

Smash Apprentice
No, I don't think you would be able to flip them or anything. I think that you would just be in a normal place with boulders shaped like Tetris blocks falling from the sky.

Xevelous

Smash Apprentice
I think Toasy4you is right, you will probrobly just have to avoid them like crazy, especcialy the long horizantal ones. And you could mabey get caught in an empty space to get draged down.

Or it could be a mini game like race to the finish or the adventure ice climbers stage.

saberhof

Smash Master
oh and the longer your on there, the blocks start falling faster for a moment, then it stops, then it goes slow again lol, i hope u understood

Stryks

Smash Hero
saberhof said:
oh and the longer your on there, the blocks start falling faster for a moment, then it stops, then it goes slow again lol, i hope u understood
Lol this must be ur favorite thread lol, Yeah ive actually have tough of the tetris tage it would be cool if it were added in brawl.

saberhof

Smash Master
Stryks said:
Lol this must be ur favorite thread lol, Yeah ive actually have tough of the tetris tage it would be cool if it were added in brawl.
Cool?.. it wouldnt be cool...it would be sweet...

LordRalph_87

Smash Cadet
How about this: They add tetris as a minigame in SSBB the computer would then save your scores (obviously) and how you put the pieces into the bottom.

Then when you played the tetris stage it basically selects one of your plays at random and drops the pieces in the same way you did. Obviously at the start there would have to be a few platforms somewher to not instantly die. If your 'replay' finished itself it would simply start again with the next replay in your collection. Also there could be an option to only save and use certain replays and delete others thus you could have some wacky block-built stages :laugh:

saberhof

Smash Master
ooh i get it... hmm...pretty good...what if the blocks could be destroyed by a strong attack(like Falcon punch), and it would be better if you had to hit the block to fix up lines...they would just be falling on the middle...u could still destroy em though =P

Pit 42

Smash Lord
I wouldn't want a Tetris stage. OK, so it's popular in Nintendo games, ya, whatever. I just don't think Tetris is ment to have anything to do with Brawl.

gigayoshi

Smash Journeyman
What if you could knock the blocks around? If a line was made, what if it blew up? I want interactivity here.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Cant believe u made me post... well Saber does kick *** in Tetris never seen anyone beat him so probaly the main reason for the thread, again a Tetris stage would be sweeet.

Mubariz

Smash Apprentice
I actually think it would be better if the stage was horizontal. It would make things smoother . . . . you'd have to dodge what's coming at you from the sides and the stage could suddenly get really small, and then back to normal as lines are cleared.

I dunno . . . just seems very akward for Tetris blocks to be falling from above. I can't quite picture playing it.

When you pause, you'd get a normal veritcal view or something.

saberhof

Smash Master
well it could be...
1.-A whole stable platform..like FD
2.-What about a whole stage filled with blocks, you start at the top...and after some time of fighting a line would blow up and u would be sent down a row, or a couple of rows...and it would just keep on going that way like forever..and u could still K.O. form the sides and everithing...i hope someone understood...cause i just made this up...

DiamondFalcon said:
Someone should make a pic and show us what it would look like..that would be sweet.
haha i could try and do it with paint...but that would suck..

Shark X

Smash Lord
As much as I believe Tetris needs to make some shape or form of appearence, I would hate for it to be a level if it's anywhere near as annoying as Flatzones. But I still do believe Tetris has earned enough respect over the years to make some sort of appearnece. More than just a trophy. An item of some sort maybe, that works in the same way as the pokemon 'Unknown'? Only blocks falling from above of where the item hit the opponent. And within a range radius.

saberhof

Smash Master
oh man i hate double posting but at least give me somethin for drawin the **** thing i mean...Tetris totaly kicks ***...

myogatheflea

Smash Rookie
oh man i hate double posting but at least give me somethin for drawin the **** thing i mean...Tetris totaly kicks ***...
Hmmm, it looks like a pretty cool stage to play on. The only problem I have with it would be if a block fell on your character. You need to get knocked off the stage to die, so I don't think they'll make an exception to the rule being that a Tetris block falling on you consitutes as an instant-KO. Because if a giant Tetris block fell on me and I was still alive, then I wouldn't want to be hurled off the side of a building too.

Profanity

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BHC-Prof
Start on a blank board. When peices fall, they do not crush you, but they provide platforms for you to jump up on. When a Line is made, that row dissapears so you can no longer use that row as a platform.

That's a really messy idea, I admit. But it jumped in my head so I mentioned it.

saberhof

Smash Master
Hmmm, it looks like a pretty cool stage to play on. The only problem I have with it would be if a block fell on your character. You need to get knocked off the stage to die, so I don't think they'll make an exception to the rule being that a Tetris block falling on you consitutes as an instant-KO. Because if a giant Tetris block fell on me and I was still alive, then I wouldn't want to be hurled off the side of a building too.
no, only when your on high percentage you would be knocked far away, in low percentage it would just knock you back far but it wouldnt be an instant K.O. and the only way for you to get hit is if your opponent hurls you at a block thats comin down and at the moment you try to get away you would get hit by the block.

JPW

Smash Ace
what if you can use the blocks to our advantage also, like with the shells, you can kick or punch a block, and you send it flying into another opponent.

Or maybe you could have two straight coverings.And as you start your smash the blocks come down, and it's up to you to make sure the lines don't get connected.

It's kind of hard to exaplian I know, that'sprobably why no one will touch it, be so complicated, but it would be one of the coolest stages of all.

Maybe make them an item like Unknown. Except they move vertically or horizontally, and connect at the end.

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Dude a Pong stage! You know how awesome that would be? With a giant ball bouncing back and forth the whole time? Schweeeeeeet.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I really like Tetris too, but it doesn't need it's own stage in Brawl does it and I was kidding about the Pong stage I hope you are too.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Wow, what a surprise, zombie agrees with Basement Boy. :rolleyes:

I posted this idea in another topic, but I'm posting it here too, because it would kick ***.

Basically, the idea is that for a Tetris stage, you'd play on the falling blocks and try to avoid getting crushed. However, one player could opt not to play Smash, and instead actually PLAY the Tetris level as its own game! The Tetris player would be the one putting the blocks down, and would attempting to crush the other players, or trip them up, or generally just interfere with the match. :p If you crush a player, you get credit for the KO, so you can still participate and even win the match.

Of course, something things would need to be changed for this to work, the first of which being to give all characters a wall-jump so that they can't be stuck in a long tube. But it would still be awesome.

saberhof

Smash Master
maybe they would switch back when one kills the other with blocks?, well if Mcfox's idea was in the game i would totaly own.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
but the person controlling the tetris would get a whole lot of ko's. how would he get self destructs or get ko'ed himself? it won't work unless he gets killed as well.
Meh, I haven't worked out all of the mechanics yet.

However, maybe you couldn't auto-drop blocks, you'd have to place them at regular speed. If you had to place blocks at normal speed, you wouldn't be guarunteed any KOs, even against characters like Ganondorf or Bowser.

And you couldn't really get self-destructs or get KOd. The whole level would basically be a race to get more KOs than the guy playing the level. :p

Sora12225

Smash Cadet
Basically, the idea is that for a Tetris stage, you'd play on the falling blocks and try to avoid getting crushed. However, one player could opt not to play Smash, and instead actually PLAY the Tetris level as its own game! The Tetris player would be the one putting the blocks down, and would attempting to crush the other players, or trip them up, or generally just interfere with the match. :p If you crush a player, you get credit for the KO, so you can still participate and even win the match.

Of course, something things would need to be changed for this to work, the first of which being to give all characters a wall-jump so that they can't be stuck in a long tube. But it would still be awesome.
That would be awesome :) I've been thinking about a tetris stage for a while now, but I never thought about that! It'd have to be fixed camera though wouldn't it? So the person playing tetris could see the whole stage at all times...

Top Bottom