• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official **SUPER** Street Fighter 4 Thread of the much-anticipated Kas vs Sieg MM

unreon

Smash Ace
I might as well post this since nobody else has.

At the National Championships over in San Fransisco:
Finals: Justin Wong def. Mike Ross (4-1)
In friendlies featuring Justin Wong, Daigo, Iyo, Poongko.
From Japan: Daigo Umehara (Ryu) and Iyo (Dhalsim).
From Korea: Poongko (Ryu).
From America: Justin Wong (Rufus).

* Iyo (Dhalsim) defeats Poongko (Ryu) in the first match, 4-2 in the best of 7.
* Daigo (Ryu) defeats Poongko (Ryu) in the second match, 4-1 in the best of 7.
* Justin Wong (Rufus) defeated Poongko (Ryu) in the third match, 4-3 in the best of 7. (Crowd chanted "USA! USA! USA!" after the match).

* Daigo (Ryu) defeats Iyo (Dhalsim) in the fourth match 4-3. This set was extremely close.
* Justin Wong (Rufus) defeats Iyo (Dhalsim) in the fifth match, 4-2.

* Daigo (Ryu) defeats Justin Wong (Rufus) in the sixth and final match 4-0.
More can be read at http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/apr/17/live-audio-national-sfiv-championships-saturday/

PS: Daigo had an endearing quote "I have no idea why people call me 'The Beast'."
Awwwwwww Daigo <3

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
So how's everyone liking the update so far?

From my experience it seems like there's a higher proportion of skilled players in championship mode, and I might be imagining it but it seems like there's less lag.

unreon

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter to me, because for some reason I always get one bar people.

And they're all from France or Japan or Spain.

How come I can't find any local people so I get better connections? D:

I've never played online so I have like 300 BP ><

Ineffable

Smash Rookie
GGS to Iso/ Doctor__Funk.
Awesome Bison, still giving me headaches (need to practice this match up with Akuma). Practicing with Seth (turtle style), he is fun but I don't know when to do the SPD.

Champion mode is alright, hardly any bars above 4 though (thanks to the update I get full bars now). Don't think I'll play it much because of the difficulty of finding people.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Bars are the weirdest thing. I get nothing but 1 bar people usually, but the matches are fine lag-wise most of the time, but then you get the stop-start horrible as all hell lag. So it's really hard to tell when to kick them cos they both show up as 1 bar. o.O

Good games tonight Ineff. There was a point where I just gave up playing my non-bison characters, your akuma and seth are way too hard to pin down. >.<

I don't really play seth, but teleport behind them + spd always seems fun. Just doesn't do much damage...

As for Akuma vs Bison, I noticed a few things which you were doing and probably shouldn't. First of all, never, -ever- throw a red fireball against bison. It's just begging for a headstomp. Also, depending on Akuma's aerials, if his j.roundhouse is anything like other shotos, abuse the hell out of it against bison, he really doesn't have a good answer if you jump deep at him with it. Bison's lk scissors is safe on block, but at +0 frames, a jab shoryuken will beat out anything bison throws if he tries to keep pressure on.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
MvC2 is official now for release on PSN and XLA i guess SF4 can be put away for awhile when this comes out. AND IT HAS ONLINE! its ment to be the same as HDR online which should be good. Wonder how the lag is gonna be with all the crazy **** happening

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Freaking sweet. On a related note, KoF2002UM has also been confirmed for release on XBLA (and presumably on PSN if SNK has any sense of decency).

My expectations of the lag are that sometimes it'll be dreamy and you'll be playing as if there wasn't any, and other matches will fluctuate so wildly as to be unplayable. So....basically like other online fighting games.

But man...I need an arcade stick. Anyone know where to get a good one that doesn't cost exorbitant amounts of money?

Ineffable

Smash Rookie
But man...I need an arcade stick. Anyone know where to get a good one that doesn't cost exorbitant amounts of money?
You can always make your own if you know how to do some soldering and wood work. I got mine 2nd hand for $200. Unfortunately the fighter hype caused arcade stick prices to skyrocket.

unreon

Smash Ace
You live in Sydney right?

I went to the Town Hall EB when they got the new shipments at the beginning of the month. I booked one especially for me and it cost a measly $80.

It hasn't broken so far =)

unreon

Smash Ace
GGs Ineff. :)

I don't know what to do against a dragon-flipping Akuma. You were doing the dive-fierce-dive string and at the last one I wouldn't know if you were going crossup or slide or normal. It was so disorientating. You played a very air fireball-runaway game a few weeks ago and I must say you are far less fustrating to play now LOL Akuma-Abel matches were very close. I raged abit when you wakeup Ultra'd my backdash - such a risky thing to do and it managed to work! And I was on the verge of a comeback and everything T_T

But your Seth...Man, your Seth is ANNOYING LOL. Limbs, Sonic Booms, and walljumps make a deadly keepaway combination. Consider Abel can't zone for monkey hats and you know how desperate I was by the end to finish the round by any means necessary ><

Lovely Dan matches HAHA FA>Super Taunt>Ultra was wicked to see in action :D

That was the first time I used Cammy in a real match, and it showed. Guile blocking low stops everything =(

RUFUS RUFUS was lots of fun. You are the master of snake strike unlocking D:

PS: How is everyone doing in the Trials? I've finished all normals except Guile (how do you flash kick>super?!), Rufus (stuck on short>roundhouse>f+fierce...), and Gen (his kick juggle thing is impossible I swear!). I've done some Hards here and there, finished Ryu's but Abel's last one is too hard. I just can't handle his one-frame links TWICE in one combo T_T

Ineffable

Smash Rookie
Thanks lol, I'm trying to change my Akuma game a bit so rather than playing run away, I can do the flip mix up game. More aggressive than turtling/ keep away.
Still trying to work on my Seth game as well, was worried you would do Abel's ultra while I threw some stupid Sonic Booms out there.

I wish I could play more, but year 12 is allowing me to only play on Fridays and weekends after all my work is done :(.

unreon

Smash Ace
Akuma has too much air control. And for Abel with no real anti-air it's so annoying.

I didn't try Ultra-ing through it because I'm not comfortable with my reaction time yet. Fireballs are fine but Sonic Booms come out too quick with quick recovery...And since I have no anti-air I can't counter walljump very well either D:

Sieg

Smash Champion
Eh, I've given up playing.

My PS3 controller is about to break, even though I'd like to keep it working.

Which it probably already doesn't.

**** I hate this game.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
PS: How is everyone doing in the Trials? I've finished all normals except Guile (how do you flash kick>super?!),
Pretty much just do 2 flash kick motions as fast as you can. thats how iv been doing it

By the way awesome combos man

Sieg

Smash Champion
To do flash kick to super I believe you can jab inbetween the flash kick.

Or it could be a sonic boom. I can't remember, I'd have to ask Vlad.

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
To do flash kick to super I believe you can jab inbetween the flash kick.

Or it could be a sonic boom. I can't remember, I'd have to ask Vlad.
There is no need to sonic boom inbetween or jab. It just makes the Flash to Super harder

unreon

Smash Ace
Thanks for the positive comments guys : )

I've done Rufus' today; I figured I had to FADC backwards instead of forwards.
Still cannot do Guile's last combo of Normal #4... What is the exact motion you have to input to do it?

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Charge down+back, up-forward+kick, down-back, up-forward+kick. Just have to do the second part fast enough that you press kick as he connects with the opponent.

It's the same as the blanka/bison/balrog charge moves into supers, just with a vertical one. That being said, it's harder than the horizontal ones.

As for cammy...check out evildrakefang on youtube. The guy is crazy. Also check out Saqs for some great Rose play.

I definitely need to play you again unreon, been too long since we've fought. Just gotta hope PSN lets us connect. >.>

unreon

Smash Ace
Charge down+back, up-forward+kick, down-back, up-forward+kick. Just have to do the second part fast enough that you press kick as he connects with the opponent.
OMG that makes perfect sense. I'll try it out soon : ) Thanks for the pro-tip.

As for cammy...check out evildrakefang on youtube. The guy is crazy. Also check out Saqs for some great Rose play.
...do you read neogaf too?

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Nah, just got linked some vids from SRK, then looked through youtube related vids and found those guys.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Yeah... I was playing stupidly anyway, only time i was playing to win was when I picked Blanka. PS I hate light punch/kick combos and turtling =P

Top Bottom