• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official **SUPER** Street Fighter 4 Thread of the much-anticipated Kas vs Sieg MM

Sirias

Smash Champion
I've spooned with TONS of people, INCLUDING girls, SO **** YOU!

Hmmm...
I've only done 50% of trials so far...
I need to go to Zac's more, lul. <3

Still have to start doing...
Zangief's, Honda's, El Fuerte, Cody, Guy, Hakan, Adon, Blanka, Gen, Dhalsim, T Hawk, Fei Long, Dee Jay, Dan, Dudley, Seth...

Done most of everyone else's:
Ryu-5, Ken-3, Chun Li-3, Makoto-2, Ibuki*, M. Bison*, Sagat*?, Guile-3, Abel-2, Juri-2, Gouken*?, Akuma-4, C. Viper-2, Rufus-1, Rose-1, Sakura-1, Cammy-3, Vega*, Balrog*...
*=100%
-5-3-3-2-3-2-2-4-2-1-1-1-3=-32, holy **** I haven't done 32-ish trials of the ones I've done.
SO LAZY, GAH.

Is that everyone?
16:19.
So 35?

Vermy

Smash Champion
T-Hawk's are a cake walk. Almost done all of Chun's and Makoto's. I'm on 85 point something.

I like spooning. And spoons.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Vermy v Kas would be a good match actually.

Plasia V Me 20$ MM set up. Anyone else for MM's?

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i am on 70% exactly
i was on 69 then i stopped.. then i wanted 69.69% but i passed it. then i wanted 69.96. but i passed it and got 70 :/
1 more trial for thawk... its one of those trials where i can do the whole thing but wiff a move -,-
also wtf el fuerte 24..
also struggling to do any honda ones... is there some sercet to do the handslap faster? i normally do a punch before it... but i dont wanna.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
k thx.. ill try it on a ps3 controller @_@

**** cpu seth. **** that shoryken, **** that tanden engine, **** sonic boom, **** that pile driver, **** that leg grab thingo.

Vermy

Smash Champion
FA the limbs, grab him when he teleports, back dash a lot. And block more. If you block a spin leg, you get a free combo.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Arrow, with the leg grab thingo, you need to not jump. You need to do the command on the ground, so QCB QCB and then add a back jump on the end the end of it, and instantly hit kicks to make it come out.

I'm assuming you mean Dhalsim's Focus attack to U2 trial.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
aw cool, ill try that.
i completed thawk and hakan trials today.. yay =P

its more like seth teleports then piledrivers me on get up @_@ its just some characters i have trouble beating with..

i gotta practice mashing. brb mario party.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Like I said, backdash a lot. Especially teleports. You can catch him out of a teleport with a grab if your reaction time is good enough.

Been using Blanka again, after a FA crumple I've been using close st.mk>st.lp>hp.beast ball for the best damage. (and cancel ball to super if I've got it.) Anyone else got any better crumple combos? Or rather what are your go to crumple combos for your mains?

Dudley:
(no ex) st.hk>hp.jet upper
st.hk>mk.short swing blow
cr.hk>hk.ducking upper
cr.hk>hp.ducking straight>hp.jet upper
(ex)st.hk>ex mgb>lk.ducking upper
st.hk>ex mgb>lk.ducking straight>hp.jet upper

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
professional advice for getting good at SF:

Don't play vs CPU
Don't waste your time on trials, practice real combos
Don't overplay
Go into games feeling fresh
Atone on your losses

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Just realised how stupid the street fighter tier list is.....Tier lists based on match ups are stupid....

For Example

Character A x 6 7 = 13
Character B 4 x 10 = 14
Character C 3 4 x = 7

So by street fighter logic the tier list would be

B
A
C

But in reality it should be

A
B
C

Because both A and B > C but A>B

If melee was done using this scheme...rather than tourney placement Sheik would probably be top tier because she has the highest average match ups in the game.... But everyone knows Fox is the best because in the end fox beats sheik.

e.g. Does it really matter that Sheik beats DK 8-2 and Fox beats Dk 7-3 when Fox beats Sheik 6-4....

Matchup charts are stupid...

Sirias

Smash Champion
... You just brought Smash into a SF thread.
Gtfo before I kill you.
Also matchup charts are sort of good, mostly the bigger gap ones.

Edit:

Also, trials are good.
They give you a basic feel of a character and they tell you some links.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Playing a non flowchart Ryu IS hard. Applying pressure with fireballs to force a mistake, spacing with footsies, knowing your 1 or 2 frame links and learning not to srk anything that moves takes a long time to learn. As said by Mike Ross and Gootecks, not pressing buttons is an art.

Been messing about with some new characters lately, finding Cody pretty fun. His FADC options are wierd. EX zonk/HK Ruffian FADC to f.hk to Last Dread Dust. Or EX Zonk/HK Ruffian FADC to neutral jump hp.

Was talking to Ugly the other day. (He's maining Honda, Makoto, Adon and Gief) He thinks Makoto only needs a few tweaks to make her viable.
*Faster walk
*EX Hayate to armour break and have one hit of super armour
*LP Hayate to be safe on block (in the same way that Bison's LK Scissors is safe)
*Cr.lp link to cr.mp and cr.hp

Thoughts?

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Depends on your definition of viable sieg. >.>

I'd say a char isn't 'viable' when they're a watered down version of another char. Say, for argument's sake, if there was a char with a 3f cr.lk, 3f dp, 3f 360 (frames aren't the only thing that matters, but just for the arguments sake assume everything else is the same), then another char has 5f variants of those things, and all hitboxes, meter gains etc are the same.

In that situation I would describe the second character as not being a viable (tournament) character.

And btw I'm totally talking about thawk. >.>

undead_moose

Smash Lord
Was talking to Ugly the other day. (He's maining Honda, Makoto, Adon and Gief) He thinks Makoto only needs a few tweaks to make her viable.
*Faster walk
*EX Hayate to armour break and have one hit of super armour
*LP Hayate to be safe on block (in the same way that Bison's LK Scissors is safe)
*Cr.lp link to cr.mp and cr.hp

Thoughts?
1) Her walk is fine.

2) super armour maybe but still not needed.

3)How about they make it safe on hit first.

4) Would be nice but also I dont think its needed.

Vermy

Smash Champion
1 ) Her walk is a gimmick

2) She needs a legit way to punish predictable fireballs. I.E. Dudley has duck, Blanka has slide/ex horizontal ball, Ibuki has EX neck breaker etc.

3) Was unaware it's unsafe on hit. =/ In the same way Blanka's upball is unsafe on hit against Balrog?

4) Cr.lp to cr.mp would give her the same b&b setups available to other characters. I.E Ryu's cr.lp, cr.lp, cr.mk, hadouken. Cr.lp to cr.hp would give her a setup to an untechable knockdown, making her mixup game less predictable and her rushdown more reliable.

@Iso: I agree with Sieg. Thawk's dp is pretty quick. And f**king massive. Try having Dudley's pathetic dp. =[

undead_moose

Smash Lord
1) her walk speed really is fine. gimmick or not.

2) I can name many characters that do just fine with out a legit way to counter fireballs.

3)Yeah pretty much if the person figures out i just hit them with a light hayate fast enough any character with a dp can punish her.

4) her mix up game is fine. For the love of god though she needs a reliable AA.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Thawk's non-ex dp's get their invuln like....after frame 5 or something. His ex dp has invuln from frame 1, but is still 5f startup and hence can be safe jumped like other slow reversals, eg rog headbutt, rufus EX messiah, etc. It's not bad, but like...yeah, hi ryu.

Also vermy, I think you're misusing the word gimmick. Gimmicks are another word for a shenanigan - something that's not very good (can easily be beaten) but is likely to work either because the opponent isn't expecting it or has never seen it before.

Top Bottom