• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Standard Custom Moveset Project: Jigglypuff

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
Either 1321 or 1121. Always gonna be that two! Hyper voice is just good for edge guarding. I personally like 1121 with just the hyper voice change, but I can see why people would like pound Blitz.

I don't like pound blitz for three main reasons.

1. It's a little laggy, so u can't really punish opponents with it.

2. It looks like you're getting extra recovery from it, but you don't because you dive down a little bit before you move up. Regular pound does recovery better.

3. I just like pounds combo options more. I can see why people would like pound blitz's combo options, which can combo into Uairs and leaping rest which isn't a great custom in my opinion.

Because of the combo game, I suggested it as well, but 1121 is my favorite.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Either 1321 or 1121. Always gonna be that two! Hyper voice is just good for edge guarding. I personally like 1121 with just the hyper voice change, but I can see why people would like pound Blitz.

I don't like pound blitz for three main reasons.

1. It's a little laggy, so u can't really punish opponents with it.

2. It looks like you're getting extra recovery from it, but you don't because you dive down a little bit before you move up. Regular pound does recovery better.

3. I just like pounds combo options more. I can see why people would like pound blitz's combo options, which can combo into Uairs and leaping rest which isn't a great custom in my opinion.

Because of the combo game, I suggested it as well, but 1121 is my favorite.
Pound Blitz is generally seen as a straight upgrade from vanilla Pound aside from the slower startup, but vanilla pound is still pretty nice.

(Btw, the Rising Pound technique CAN actually improve your recovery with Pound Blitz. If you aim Pound Blitz up after starting the move, it'll travel forwards and a little up. This can be done with vanilla Pound, too, but the shortened distance means it doesn't really do much for your recovery.)

Last edited:

MisterDom

Smash Ace
NNID
MisterDom
3DS FC
1091-7673-8661
I know Codaption. You can do the same in a regular pound, but very slightly. If you actually measure, they do about the same amount of recovery.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
I have measured it in training mode. If you combine it with jumps, it gives a very noticeable boost to your recovery. You can go to one end of FD to the other and back again without ever touching the ground without it- with it, you can do so without even using all of your jumps.

TealPlatypus

Smash Cadet
I've noticed that Relentless Rollout will sometimes deal 7% instead of the usual 1-2%. Does anyone know what causes this to happen?

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
You mean per hit, or in total? Because it's multihit and only deals like 1 damage per hit, but will hit large targets multiple times.

TealPlatypus

Smash Cadet
No, just a single hit that will deal 7% and do more knockback than normal (it can KO around 230%).

After testing some more, it seems to happen when you hit someone right as the hitbox comes back out after changing direction.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Hmm so, how much do you guys like Leaping Rest?

Here are my thoughts:
Yes, the move kills later, especially from the ground. And it has more end-lag. However, I think it is a really useful move because you can combo into it pretty easily. You sacrifice kill power for utility. You lose that instantaneous, close range kill move, and gain things like killing from throws. In other words, I say the move is quite good, but you should not use it like you use Rest.

Experimenting around with the move, I've found the move true combos from either U-throw or D-throw depending on the opponent's DI. You can easily predict which way the opponent is going to DI, and easily true combo with it based off of that.

Alright, so go into training mode, and just set a character to a high-ish percent. I'm doing Shulk at 90%. If you jump forward after d-throw and input leaping rest, it should mark on the true combo counter. I've tested it, and if the opponent DI's toward you or not at all, this is a true combo kill. If the opponent DI's away, it does not combo.
U-throw is a true combo if they do not DI AND air dodge, because leaping rest will hit them when air dodge is over (that's a long-lasting hitbox!). If they DI away, it's not true, but you can still get the kill. If your opponent is air dodging after being sent that high from jigglypuff, that means they are expecting leaping rest. So, this is an opportunity for you to bait the air dodge by threating them with leaping rest, and then actually using it once their invincibility is gone.

Other things that combo into leaping rest:
-Pound blitz (not if opponent DI's left or right)
-U-tilt (not if opponent DI's left or right)
-Uair (DI depends on which part of the Uair you hit them with, actually, you can wait until they air dodge for this since it's an aerial and you can keep moving while using it aerials)
-Up Smash -> Leaping rest (probably also DI dependent)
-Pound -> Leaping reset (If they DI toward you, which is likely if you are near the stage's edge)

I think you guys should give it a shot if you have not.

=-------------=

Something I would like to say about pound blitz:

I notice that this move can be used to help recovery. It actually lowers the angle you fall at due to how much horizontal speed it has. Should be really nice for scrooging and general recovery, meaning you can also do more off-stage than you would normally be able to
(edit: reminds me of Jiggly's Melee pound in this regard)

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
The problem with Leaping Rest should be more apparent once you take a closer look at those combos you listed: they're all DI dependent. Sure, you can read the DI, but the fact that you need to do so means that they are not true combos (Really important to note, the combo counter in training mode is pretty unreliable at times).

While Leaping Rest still has access to all of the default's normal combo options, they don't kill at midrange percents. Not to mention that Rest is better for hard punishes, breaking out of strings, oos use, etc etc.... Leaping Rest definitely has a lot of utility, but so does vanilla Rest, and coupled with the raw power of the move the custom can't really keep up. While Leaping Rest has its uses and always will, the way I see it it's just not worth losing a move that's defined our playstyle in every smash game to date for something that isn't particularly reliable- especially when the punishment for screwing up is even greater than what we're used to.

(Also, about your note on Pound Blitz.... Rising Pound makes it extend your recovery even further. Let the punches fly~)

Last edited:
Top Bottom