• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Standard Custom Moveset Project Initial Release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
The last minute changes have, unfortunately, precluded me doing the detailed reasoning write-ups I was planning to do. They were pretty intense, probably more intense than I was ready to do for 51 characters honestly (it would have taken me all night). I will instead, after posting the EVO sets, just answer anyone's questions; that will be a more efficient way for me not to write a dissertation about why sets are the way they are when we mostly stuck very close to what the character boards agreed upon and when we had to deviate did so with the collective wisdom of what I feel is really a custom-move all-star panel (and we did everything with unanimous consent of the group after a reasoned discussion; we never had to vote on anything).

Sorry for the delay in that regard, but this is *precisely* why I built in that 10 day buffer window. I do want to be able to deliver a finished product to you guys ASAP though.
I suppose that, in the event of any question someone has about a character you may not know much about/too little direct info present about, you could just tag one of the people who frequented the custom thread for that character and helped heavily in determining the sets, like tagging Eric9001 if anyone has any specific Shulk inquiries(I'm sure you've seen just how much work he's put in for determining the sets.).
Eh, stage research is a different beast entirely. The first few took a while but once I got a process down it became much easier. It's just a lot of stages.

Maybe so, but you still put in a lot of respectable work man, truly.

Last edited:

VirusDigimon

Smash Rookie
Marth :4marth:

Only 1 preset involving Crescent Slash?
This is Marth/Lucina's best custom, in my option.
Is a true combo at low percents from a grab.
Insanely fast, basically a teleport with a sweet spot.
Relatively safe and can be used to go on Battlefield/Smashville platforms diagonally.
Great KO potential. Can even be used at the edge of the stage and come back on free fall.

1121 is a great preset, but I would think that 3121 would have been great as well. Maximum mobility options, especially in neutral and combo potentional, and it can help their recovery horizontally in combination.

Stage spiking is still very usable also, just obviously not as deep as Dolphin Slash.

After extensive tests/games, I don't feel that Iai Counter is that good.
The window is very tiny and the counter is very interruptable. Examples:
ZSS's uptilt will beat this counter on the second hit.
You will not even be able to use this move with PK Fire unless it's on the last hitbox.
Little Mac will armor frame this because it's too fast.
Basically, any multihit move has a great chance of beating this move, easily.

The positioning is also an annoyance since more often than not, you're facing the opponent so having the opponent fly behind you isn't ideal.

The move is flashy and really awesome, you can get some potentially great early kills or edgeguards with it, but I think that regular Counter is superior.

Also, as far as their Easy Dancing Blade, it might be usable because it can combo a lot easier. The hitstun is better due to having more window, and it does less knockback. At least with Lucina, the last hit isn't a great kill move at all anyway.

tl;dr - Marth/Lucina should have 1121(currently does) and 3121 for more faster mobility options. Less Iai Counter.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
The Marth set (and a lot of others, not to blame AA, he's very busy and he's doing an excellent job making sure this happens) are outdated. The real list has been sent already and it involves 3123 and 3121, and more Crescent Slash in general.

Last edited:

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
Thanks again to everyone who helped out with the Customs sheet. I've added some pros/cons for all the Mii Fighter moves, let me know if there's anything missing from them. Like Onslaught.

Splash Damage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Grab_N_Go
Thanks again to everyone who helped out with the Customs sheet. I've added some pros/cons for all the Mii Fighter moves, let me know if there's anything missing from them. Like Onslaught.
More than happy to help, anything more currently needed?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Will this thread still have a purpose, or we move to the other one entirely?

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Xanadu is back to default for the next weekly. They're likly either looking to alternate as suggested by the polls on the md/va facebook, or they're just pushin back until the EVO sets come out. Things went smoothly enough, but that was mostly due to people having the standard sets already and we only uploaded a beta EVO list. (trimmed down for likelihood of change and player demand) but there's only one weekend before the EVO sets drop, so it's less likely things will go as smoothly.

I personally hope for altering. I love customs and so do many players, but default will never die, and it should be supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom