• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Square-Enix Characters For Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion Topic

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
From what I´ve seen and read on It´s A Wonderful World, Neku does know hand-to-hand combat. You direct his attacks with the stylus. You can also use it to ´draw´ spells on the screen, like the ring of fire that you talked about. Anyways yeah, he´s a random Japanese kid, but I wouldn´t be surprised.

Rosseau/Luso´s game has been announced to come out on October 25 in Japan. Aside from the fact that Roy´s game hadn´t been released when SSBM came out, he will actually be out over there once SSBB hits the shelves. Again, I´m not saying it´s going to happen, and there are certainly better representatives of Square-Enix than him, but I wouldn´t rule it out.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
FE6 wasn't out at Melee's launch? I did not know that. I thought it had come out a short while before Melee.

Anyways, they're both possible, but I mean, so is a random Yuke, Gato the Dancing Robot from Chrono Trigger, or even someone from Front Mission (the DS remake comes stateside in October!). A S-E rep, if indeed we even see one (something I've begun to doubt after all this deliberation), will come from a numbered FF or DQ. But DQ's characters are so horribly generic that I'd be sad to see one of them picked when we could instead be playing as someone fun...like Tingle.

But there's not really a sigle numbered FF that really represents FF (except VII, that is) in the public eye. So it's really heard to pick just one character from all of I, II, III, IV, V, and VI's large stable of potentials. THe only relaistic options I could see at this point is a Chocobo or a generic class member (Black Mage).

Top Bottom