• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OFFICIAL Sonic thread. (Keep it Brawl related, or suffer Xsy's/Xii's wrath!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
what are you guys doing for haloween? I just want to know because things round here have been so dreary, it's impossible to call it 'spirit' of any kind.

I have big plans for university, but right now, it's just boring.

nice Shadow recolour on Sonic, really cool

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
what are you guys doing for haloween? I just want to know because things round here have been so dreary, it's impossible to call it 'spirit' of any kind.

I have big plans for university, but right now, it's just boring.

nice Shadow recolour on Sonic, really cool
Thanks, Sadly, I can't do anything Halloween. I have class till 10pm, and then I have to get up the next day at 7 :(

RDK

Smash Hero
but...... 900th post for me. 100 more until I reach the big 1000!
It's not as exciting as you think. As soon as you hit it, you start looking forward to 2,000.

Props to whoever made that picture.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
hey does any one know if knuckles is an asisst trophey or not some one on the ign boards said he is. not sure if its true or not he said u can see knux in one of the sonic vids. anyone know anything bout this.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
this is all he said "knuckles cant be a playable character his an AT if you see sonic's video where he is fighting dk in skyworld you can see mario fighting knuckles and then knuckles dissapears "

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
this is all he said "knuckles cant be a playable character his an AT if you see sonic's video where he is fighting dk in skyworld you can see mario fighting knuckles and then knuckles dissapears "
It's Sonic's Spring from his Up-B, I can see why it looked like knuckles, but if you pause it you can clearly seen the spring part of it. Sorry, we got nothing on Knuckles yet.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm sorry Platnum but don't you think that pie is getting a little.... dare I say it stale
Wokka, wokka!

*cues the tomatoes.* :laugh:

And yes, Platnum, the pie is getting old fast.

So, um...how about that Sonic dude? Got any ideas as to how and why he's crossed over into the Smashverse to begin with? Let's start some convo, people.

Smooth Criminal

RDK

Smash Hero
Hey, do you guys think that any other sonic characters will make it into brawl, and if so how?
Probably not. Sakurai said he would probably put in only 3 third-party characters, and the chances of him putting in 2 SEGA reps are not very likely.

Why put in another Sonic character when you could have Megaman or Bomberman?

Garuda

Smash Ace
Since Sonic was the most desired character I ever wanted in Brawl, it's hard for me to think about which other characters should be in. I'm not very acquainted with Megaman (try, too lazy to test out the games on an emulator... speaking of which...!), but I think I'm starting to lean towards his inclusion. Wasn't he, like, voted second to Sonic in 3rd-party characters? Plus, he was a trademark Nintendo character for a while... I guess.

But I think I'd be happy with any character, because the more happy fans, the happier I am for some reason.

But as for veterans, I still await Mr. Nipple Man (Falcon), and the great Ganondorf himself.

EDIT: EGGMAN?! *tosses holy water on you*

SonicMario

Smash Master
I just read at least the 1st 4 pages of this thread... and I had no idea there were so many people that got bored of that thread. Because none of them are recognizable 0_o (Except Kaid who himself has got pretty bored)

RDK

Smash Hero
i apologize i was unaware. I shall never make the mistake again.
You most certainly will not.

Lol.

@Garuda:

C. Falcon and 'Dorf the Magnificent must return.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Since Sonic was the most desired character I ever wanted in Brawl, it's hard for me to think about which other characters should be in. I'm not very acquainted with Megaman (try, too lazy to test out the games on an emulator... speaking of which...!), but I think I'm starting to lean towards his inclusion. Wasn't he, like, voted second to Sonic in 3rd-party characters? Plus, he was a trademark Nintendo character for a while... I guess.

But I think I'd be happy with any character, because the more happy fans, the happier I am for some reason.

But as for veterans, I still await Mr. Nipple Man (Falcon), and the great Ganondorf himself.

EDIT: EGGMAN?! *tosses holy water on you*

Megaman is a Capcom character who now is played on Nintendo.

The thing about Megaman is that if they are to put regular Megaman, a robot-like humanoid with a Charge Beam and missiles well, Who does it sound like?

I am not the biggest fan of Megaman but I do love the Network games and I'd like to see some of his attacks (the chips) come into the game. Also even though this is not possible, I would like Zero better, Zero>Megaman IMO

Edit: Changed Sega to Capcom :p

RDK

Smash Hero
I thought Eggman was the name americans gave him.... I mean Robotnik is the actual translation from *** to English, no?

Edit: Why is Japanese a curse word?
It bleeped you out because you said J A P, which is considered derogatory.

And Eggman is a stupid name they gave him when they translated the games over to America. Robotnik is much better.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Megaman is a Sega Character though, just like Sonic, who now is played on Nintendo.

The thing about Megaman is that if they are to put regular Megaman, a robot-like humanoid with a Charge Beam and missiles well, Who does it sound like?

I am not the biggest fan of Megaman but I do love the Network games and I'd like to see some of his attacks (the chips) come into the game. Also even though this is not possible, I would like Zero better, Zero>Megaman IMO
See the underlined text.

Megaman is a CAPCOM character. Not a Sega character.

And I dare you, sir, to head over to the Official Megaman for Brawl thread and say that BN Megaman stands even a ghost of a chance being playable in Brawl. You'll be in for a treat.

Smooth Criminal

Edit: It is ROBOTNIK, not EGGMAN. Oi vey.

Double edit: Please disavow my comment about Megaman being a Capcom character. I can now see that it was an obvious typo on your part.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
See the underlined text.

Megaman is a CAPCOM character. Not a Sega character.

And I dare you, sir, to head over to the Official Megaman for Brawl thread and say that BN Megaman stands even a ghost of a chance being playable in Brawl. You'll be in for a treat.

Smooth Criminal

Edit: It is ROBOTNIK, not EGGMAN. Oi vey.
Well, I made a mistake 0.o

Also I didn't say BN Megaman should be included, just that some of his attacks should, I mean, Megaman's attacks are very similar to Samus' no?

I've only played a handful of games of Megaman, and since most of the ones i've played are BN games I don't know much of his original moves, but werent they charged beams and missils?

RDK

Smash Hero
Double edit: Please disavow my comment about Megaman being a Capcom character. I can now see that it was an obvious typo on your part.
That big of a mistake should cannot be written off as a typo, lol.

And to answer Raykz's question: IMO, no part of BN MM should be incorporated into Brawl. I think that series of MM is better left in the archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom